What to change in the Lantana

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Sage

I am now considering the IVY model...because it will give the office space behind the kitchen without giving up the kitchen space. I wonder what I will give up in terms of the outdoor space under the birdcage. I think I made a mistake by jumping on a lot before I knew what they would let us do with the stretching, etc. Kind of surprised the lot works for a golf cart garage but not a three car...only 2 foot difference but apparently we only can do the golf cart.
Anyone know anyone who has an IVY? Any comments? I put the word in the search bar and get nothing.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you are going to "stretch" your lantana 2 feet wide and deep, highly suggest the wide be on the kitchen side. If that is the case suggest you get kitchen "A" BUT also add a permanent center island with electric. Also suggest you leave the washer/ dryer/ tub in the walkway and use the room off the laundry room for added storage since this will be extended 2 ft wider you will not regret it. WE put custom 10 in shelves on one wall and then custom base cabinet with wall cabinets and wine rack/cooler on the other side. This room also has "coat pegs" (on the 10 in shelf wall) for there was no coat rack in our Lantana . Finally this room can be closed off using a pocket door.

Also make sure your golf cart garage has a full (deeP) expansion...you will use it.

Finally what we did is added ( Contracted after new constructiuon) a 160 sf hexagonal room that leads from our bedroom to an enclosed lanai. This room can be used as an office, hobby room or simply a reading room......Great added space.

There is a lot that can be done with the Lantana.....certain things should be done during construction while others are better done using your own General Contractor and after you have had some time to live in your new home.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Sage

Wow. You have done a lot to get the most out of it. Was there any problem getting them to give you the two extra ft laterally? Did they just scoot it over behind the golf garage? I am confused on the office. Will retread. But if I could do what you have relayed I would be satisfied and not need to look at an ivy
Old 02-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Sage

Do you have a birdcage? Or would it be possible to add an office going off the master after you do the lanaii?

If I stretch it side, which I hope they will let me do, I was hoping to get a wider liv/dining room. But are you saying you took that space to have a larger kitchen? and a storage room behind?

So you refrigerator is on what wall?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I am now considering the IVY model...because it will give the office space behind the kitchen without giving up the kitchen space. I wonder what I will give up in terms of the outdoor space under the birdcage. I think I made a mistake by jumping on a lot before I knew what they would let us do with the stretching, etc. Kind of surprised the lot works for a golf cart garage but not a three car...only 2 foot difference but apparently we only can do the golf cart.
Anyone know anyone who has an IVY? Any comments? I put the word in the search bar and get nothing.
The Villages has an Ivy for sale in Buttonwood on the golf course...VLS# 210978.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage

Thanks. Will look it up.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Sage
Default Not all that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Just found out our lot does not accommodate a 3 car garage but only a 2 plus a golf.
Same with our lot. We wanted a 3 car but could only do 2 plus cart. We stretched the garage a lot so I believe we'll be very happy with it and so will you!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The 2 ft stretch was only the breakfeast area, kitchen, room off the laundry area, and garage, The family dining area was not touched.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Sage

When you say you stretched the garage do you mean you made the golf garage the same in depth as the regular two car? BTW: Just sent you a pm
Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

Shcisamax--I sent you a PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.