What is the cost of a new roof in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2020, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,010 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Everything -except lawncare - is more expensive in TV.
Is that because contractors think we are rich and we can afford to pay more?

That was what most homeowners thought when we lived in Va/
Old 08-03-2020, 03:23 AM

Hi we are also Brits in TV. We will need to replace our roof in the next few years so good advice. Maybe see you somewhere sometime.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stujake View Post
I hope that your comments don't give people the idea that their insurance company will automatically pay to re-roof their house when the need arises.
Your authoritative account sounds like what should happen. For whatever reason, the majority of roof replacements here are considered to be wind/storm damage and are covered.

I received notice from my insurance company that my policy was going to be discontinued because my roof was almost 16 years old and 15 is their maximum. I got bids from three companies and their inspectors all found covered damage. In the end, I only had to pay my deductible. About half of the folks in my neighborhood have had new roofs lately and they had the same experience.

The roofers did find a rotten section of wood under the shingles, but my guess is that's not uncommon or necessarily indicative of storm damage.

I don't know why more insurance companies aren't rejecting these claims, or who's in cahoots with who. Premiums are definitely going up.
Closed Thread

Tags
roof, years, reply, interested, learning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.