What do those guys in the white Villages trucks do?

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Founder
Default What do those guys in the white Villages trucks do?

I know they are neighborhood watch. What do they do? They have no police authority. They have Florida State isssue plates on the tucks. I stopped one one evening to tell him about a group of people with dogs and no leashes, and he told me to call the deed restriction office. It was 8 p.m. and the office was closed at that time.

I have missed what it is that they do. Are they fire watch?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: What do those guys in the white Villages trucks do?

Jan:
As sketchy as it is, it's still the only immediately accessible "job description" for the Neighborhood/Village Watch guys that I've found: page 10, The Villages 2007 Phone Book
Steve
Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: What do those guys in the white Villages trucks do?

Actuallly over here in the Courtyard Villas they are the lawn ornament police. They won't get involved in medical emergencies and will tell you to call 911 and they won't get involved in any other type of business. However, they WILL tell you if you have a decoration on your lawn that is not acceptable to Villages standards. Waste of our money paying these guys to ride around all day. We should have pool guards (not life guards) or some staff at the pools and let these critters who ride around in the white trucks go home and sleep in bed instead of the truck. >

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.