What do you do when you get someone else's Amazon order?

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2021, 11:22 AM

I had a package that was brought to the wrong person and the post office knew it, these people kept it and it was reported as theft, I don't know what happened after that, but the consumer sent me a new one. It was $39.99 and a Keurig product, guess they opened it up had a Keurig coffee maker so they kept it. I always take it back if it's not mine, but I guess other people don't, it is theft. Hope you get your package, good luck!
Old 05-03-2021, 11:54 AM

Has not happened but so would go back next day to see mail carrier. Could not live with myself if I stole someone else’s order.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I do NOT keep the package. I usually sell it at my next garage sale..........
Old 05-03-2021, 12:44 PM

I just deliver it the address on the package
Old 05-03-2021, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

I received a package that I didn’t order and opened by mistake. It had 50 Bitcoins in it. Since I now live in the Bahamas, lt was too far to take them back to The Villages.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
Years ago, my son who lived at house #1740 got a UPS delivery for house #1470 on the same street. So he dutifully hand delivered it to the lady who lived there. Fast forward a few years later, and now she's his wife. Serendipitous?
Maybe the lady saw what a good looking man your son was and put the package on his doorstep on purpose. If he kept it, she would know he was not for her, but if he returned it, she would know he was of good character and would see where it went from there.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:42 PM
Veteran member
Default What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
We get 1-2 packages a week that are not ours along with mail. Since most mail is cards, and packages are from different businesses, we take to the owners.

Mail is a special time for some, and I would hate to think they would have to wait couple days to have postal contractors to put it in the right box
If you get 1 to 2 packages A WEEK that aren’t yours, why wouldn’t you go to the postal station and tell your carrier? Otherwise, you spend a lot of time “exaggerating” a lot of stuff, don’t you?
Old 05-03-2021, 02:25 PM

I've also had the problem a couple times with the package shoved in from the back but too large to come out the front. Had to track down the carrier to get the parcel. IMO, carrier is just too lazy to put it in a locker, they can tell it's too large when they shove it in.

Last edited by Tomfoolery; 05-03-2021 at 02:38 PM. Reason: clarify message
Old 05-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal702 View Post
Two different time packages from Amazon did not arrive at their specified times. However, they showed, up at my door, a few days later. They had been opened. Guess whoever got them didn't want them.
this one time i opened a package without checking-saw it was something i didnt order, & only then realized it was mistakenly sent to us. i actually drive the packages over if it's really far, it's a good way to meet new neighbors
Old 05-03-2021, 03:05 PM

It's happened to me twice. My check went to a lady with her address as 1161 and I'm 1661. She looked me up and phoned to apologize that she had opened it in error. I went to her home to pick it up and she had a man doing handyman work. He is now my handyman too.
Then my next door neighbors mail was delivered to me and I just used my mail slicer to open it. Never thought to flip it over to see the address. It was personal information from his financial advisor. I was embarrassed that I had opened it, but I delivered it to them and apologized for opening it. They were new neighbors and they understood. Couldn't ask for better neighbors.
Word of caution, look at address before opening your mail.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:12 PM

(we live in Maine) similar thing happened to my wife, we received a box of clothes from Talbots for someone else in SC. She called Talbots, they took the invoice number and said they would resend the order to the correct person and for my wife to keep the items. Unfortunately, they didn't fit her, so she gave them to our house-cleaner (she only comes every 2 weeks, just a convenience) and she LOVED them, who doesn't like new clothes from Talbots still in the bag!
Old 05-03-2021, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackercraft View Post
Down here in Monarch Grove Amazon delivers the larger packages in their own vehicles and then sends you a photo of it on your porch.
The only problem we have is the mail ladies putting packages in the mail slots that fit in the back but won’t come out the front.
LOL!! Just had that 30 minutes ago. NO WAY we could get it out of the mailbox. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow. It was a box inside a padded envelope. That was a first for me. Usually when the STUFF it in, it's something soft and I can work it back out. Not this time.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
USPS has a free service called Informed Delivery. After signing up, you get an email each day containing an image of each letter or package scheduled for delivery that day. You can also log in and see previous day deliveries. If the email contains an image of an amazon delivery, and doesn't arrive, you'll know the mailman placed the delivery in the wrong box. Works great.
Go to the usps website and click on "Quick Tools" and then "Informed Delivery" to sign up.
That works MOST of the time, but often I get mail and packages that I don't get "Informed (about the) Delivery."
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:01 AM

During the two months I rented in Pinellas, I delivered several packages from ETSY to a person whose mail was always getting put into our mail box. The numbers were very close to ours and I believe the mail delivery person was dyslexic. Otherwise there was no other explanation as to how a mail person could regularly put mail and packages in the wrong box. We just wanted to make sure the person who was supposed to get their mail did.

Now we own a home in Charlotte and the mail service is better. But to answer your question if the address is on the letter or package we will go drop it off to the owners.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:36 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default postal problem

we're having same problem. 2 big orders were delivered to P.O, and USPS showed they were delivered to TV mailbox. I TT post lady and she didn't remember them so we never got them. Could not get credit for them because CC company said the Vendor showed them the delivered email showing where they been delivered. Very frustrating. Just yesterday our next door neighbor brought over 8 pieces of mail that had been put in her mailbox.
Closed Thread

Tags
order, time, amazon, mail, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.