What do you think about Country Club Hills Story

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,587 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The rule is whether one works in or for TV.....not where they live.
I know that enrollment is based on where the parents work. But, the schools were set up to support The Villages and they are using taxpayer money to educate the students. So, I just think they should be required to assist in enforcing the requirement that children under 19 not live in The Villages.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I know that enrollment is based on where the parents work. But, the schools were set up to support The Villages and they are using taxpayer money to educate the students. So, I just think they should be required to assist in enforcing the requirement that children under 19 not live in The Villages.

"THEY" always have done just that.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The charter school system in The Villages was set up to attract better quality workers and professionals to be employed here.p and/or open business here.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMayor View Post
Should Lake County Children’s Services be involved? 352-742-6520

Dad may be forbidden to enter his house but he could turn off the electricity and water.

I'd be okay to turn those off on the daughter, but not the child.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
News flash, the child is going to charter school with address in the villages 55 and over restricted age limit. So, they ARE not strictly enforced.
How do you know the child is going to the Charter school? Maybe he's attending The Villages Elementary of Lady Lake on Rolling Acres, which is not the Charter school.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
How do you know the child is going to the Charter school? Maybe he's attending The Villages Elementary of Lady Lake on Rolling Acres, which is not the Charter school.
The article in the online newspaper stated that the child attends the Charter School.
Skip said the mother works in The Villages, so the child is therefore entitled to attend the Charter School.
The issue is a young child living in The Villages, not which school he attends.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-17-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

The unmentionable online news has more information this morning on this ongoing problem.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The unmentionable online news has more information this morning on this ongoing problem.
I didn't see any reference to this story M. A.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I didn't see any reference to this story M. A.
Same here
Old 10-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The bottom line is if there is no resolution the father will have to sell his house, and that would end the controversy. Sad for him. And the poor kid is just a pawn in all of this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The bottom line is if there is no resolution the father will have to sell his house, and that would end the controversy. Sad for him. And the poor kid is just a pawn in all of this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The child is a pawn. His mother has used him from the get go as leverage to feed and house herself. This is all too common with adult druggies who otherwise would have to fend for themselves. They just have one or more children so that grandpa and/or grandma will continue to support them along with their grandchildren.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
News Flash. The school does’t enforce the where you live rule only that you work in TV. The other part is up to the District. Unless someone complains about a Child living where they don’t belong along with all the othe violations that occur it doesn’t get fixed. Even when violations are reported sometimes it’s a long process to get it fixed
I've bet she hasn't been employed by villages for years, probably IMO got fired long time ago. After all, what did she do with the money she made in 8 years? I think we can probably come to conclusion of that? Surely didn't go on saving for apartment? That child not the only one living in villages under 19 and probably not the only one going to charter school when thousands are involved. Yes they try to do things right but some entitled fall through the cracks. Nobody probably verified where they live at that address, it a paper trail and paper trails can be manipulated. I still say there's hardship clause that allows children under 19, though I can't find it? Plus there district that don't have to play my majority of rules in the common villages.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Which section? I couldn't find it.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
I've bet she hasn't been employed by villages for years, probably IMO got fired long time ago. After all, what did she do with the money she made in 8 years? I think we can probably come to conclusion of that? Surely didn't go on saving for apartment? That child not the only one living in villages under 19 and probably not the only one going to charter school when thousands are involved. Yes they try to do things right but some entitled fall through the cracks. Nobody probably verified where they live at that address, it a paper trail and paper trails can be manipulated. I still say there's hardship clause that allows children under 19, though I can't find it? Plus there district that don't have to play my majority of rules in the common villages.
I looked for the mom on Facebook and I think I found her with her eight year old son. She appears to be involved in her local church here and looks like a typical nice person. There must be something we don't know.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
..... what did she do with the money she made in 8 years? I think we can probably come to conclusion of that? Surely didn't go on saving for apartment?
You would think that she would have been saving for an apartment.
Now that she has gained possession of the home, she is protesting the lack of her dad's vehicle.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-19-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, allowed, hills, club, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.