What do you think about Country Club Hills Story

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default What do you think about Country Club Hills Story

This story has come up twice recently in the unmentionable online news and it irritates me.

"An in depth look at court files reveal rising tensions between an 82-year-old Villager, who is barred from his home in The Village of Country Club Hills, and his 41-year-old daughter, who is living in the home with her 8-year-old son."

I was under the impression that children under the age of 19 were not allowed to live here. This child is 8 and yet no one has moved to remove him or his mother from TV. If he is allowed to stay living in TV this opens the flood gates to anyone else who wants to test the limits of our residency rules.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
This story has come up twice recently in the unmentionable online news and it irritates me.

"An in depth look at court files reveal rising tensions between an 82-year-old Villager, who is barred from his home in The Village of Country Club Hills, and his 41-year-old daughter, who is living in the home with her 8-year-old son."

I was under the impression that children under the age of 19 were not allowed to live here. This child is 8 and yet no one has moved to remove him or his mother from TV. If he is allowed to stay living in TV this opens the flood gates to anyone else who wants to test the limits of our residency rules.
I am not sure if you are looking for someone to post something compassionate or a logical reason why the child is still living there.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am not sure if you are looking for someone to post something compassionate or a logical reason why the child is still living there.
I am simply interested in what people think about an 8 yr old child living in an age restricted area. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for compassion, the only person I have compassion for is the elderly man involved, it would appear to me that he needs someone to help him deal with this daughter and this miserable situation.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Rules are rules...…..and should be enforced.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Rules are rules...…..and should be enforced.
Thank you .. that was all I was looking for when I posted.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

I sent this story to some friends who have adult children with substance abuse problems. I titled my email “How to lose your home to your druggie adult child”.

I really feel for this man.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I sent this story to some friends who have adult children with substance abuse problems. I titled my email “How to lose your home to your druggie adult child”.

I really feel for this man.
So do I which is why I have interest in this. I hope there is someone giving him advice, and that he is taking it, because she is going to wipe him out.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

I feel sorry for an 82 year old man banned from his own house. I also feel for a young child stuck in a bad situation.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

The Villages is responsible for enforcing the residency rule. This guy needs a lawyer.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

I'm guessing there is a lot more to this story than what the Other Site reported. They only reported what would generate a lot of "clicks".
Old 10-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

With the very limited information that we have available all we can do is offer an opinion or reaction.

Yes the rules are the rules...very easy to quote when a violation is witnessed....obeyed and enforced no differently than stop signs or speed limits.

I would need to know more before offering an opinion.
This does not infer that I am supporting an exception.

I for one am very supportive of TV laws/rules/guidelines being much, more strictly enforced.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I'm guessing there is a lot more to this story than what the Other Site reported. They only reported what would generate a lot of "clicks".
I agree.....that "publication" does stir the pot quite a lot! That said though...this man needs some help just from being on the outside, looking in. ALSO, have heard there's other kids living here as well---the neighbor's need to step up and report this as it is againest the rules. We've all signed the papers when we moved here---so let's enforce them.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Sage

I agree with all of you. I think this man needs a lawyer and I rarely say that. Usually they only add expense to a mess. I think it is possible the daughter has lied to get a restraining order. That is just a guess. I feel sorry for him.

People can SAY anything, whether we can believe them is another issue.

The Villages can only give fines. They cannot evict anyone, as far as I know/

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-11-2018 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
I agree with all of you. I think this man needs a lawyer and I rarely say that. Usually they only add expense to a mess. I think it is possible the daughter has lied to get a restraining order. That is just a guess. I feel sorry for him.

Update;....a number to call; quoted from the online news;

Having a child under the age of 19 permanently living in a home in The Villages is a violation of an internal deed restriction overseen by the Developer.
District officials noted The Villages’ point person for the enforcement of internal deed restrictions involving children is Martin Dzuro, who may be reached at (352) 753-6260.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:

I believe that they'd have to go to court to have the people evicted and then the police would come and remove them.

I think that this is the case with any kind of eviction. A landlord or homeowner does not have the power to evict. They must go to court and get a ruling.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, allowed, hills, club, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.