What do you think of the new rules.

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Default Re: What do you think of the new rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
How does charging $30-$60 solve that? Wouldn't roping off some areas do better?

Skip
Read my lips---the BEST seats are FREE BUT you better get there really early
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Seems to me if you have to pay to be on the outside where the parking spaces are then the dance floor could get even more crowded from those that don't want to pay, this might not solve any perceived problem but could make it worse (on a side note, good point russ).
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 PM

It's amazing. When I was in TV this past summer and fall, it seemed like the sidewalks were rolled up after 9:00 every day but yet everyone stays up on New Years eve. I think on New Year' eve day that I will play some golf, maybe pickleball and/or tennis, sit by the pool for awhile and go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00. If the dance floor is that crowded, I am not interested.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:47 PM

I THINK THE NEW RULES ARE NOTHING MORE THAN MORE MONEY,,, DONT YOU GET IT THE VILLAGES ARE ALL ABOUT MONEY,,, YOURS. SPEND IT OR LEAVE IT. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU,JUST MORE MONEY..SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THE TRUTH, COSTS OF LIVING HERE IS ONLY GOING ONE WAY,,UP! JUST THINK SOON THERE WILL BE 30.000 MORE HOMES HERE.. ENJOY.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
How does charging $30-$60 solve that? Wouldn't roping off some areas do better?

Skip
This year there will be no tables on the dance floor. Last year people set up tables for five or six people and took up space where 15 people could be dancing. This year table placement will be limited and controlled. Hopefully isles will be kept clear.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaladino
This year there will be no tables on the dance floor. Last year people set up tables for five or six people and took up space where 15 people could be dancing. This year table placement will be limited and controlled. Hopefully isles will be kept clear.
Ju$t a$ ea$ily done with rope$. I $ee dollar $ign$ too.

Skip
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Lee
The area around the stage will be open to all for FREE. What is being sold is where cars were parked. Last year we tried to get a space and got there at 7am on Dec 31. There was a crowd and the area was all taken. I would much rather pay $30 for a space for 8 people then get no space at all. Last year it was so bad an ambulance could not get thru to assist in an emergency. The price is low and it is not the idea to make lots of money for the developer but a way to reduce the mess as TV's grows.
I got to the box office at 8am to find a long line of people already waiting. 15 mins after the box office opened there was very little movement. We were told that if it looked like all spaces were almost gone we would be informed so we could leave. Later we were told there were no lines at SS. I decided to head over there since I was so far back in the line. Of course I got behind people going 25mph instead of 35 and hit every red light. I finally got to SS box office where there was no line AND there were still plenty of spaces left in LSL. I reserved 2 spaces and one table. I think since I did all the work I will charge my friends and go free ;D
That sounds like a fair deal to me. Go for it!!
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 PM

I have no doubt the Morse family will drain every dollar from you they can while you are still kicking. Come on people this is your community. You already pay a monthly fee and on top of that a bond and a yearly assessment. And fees on the free golf course for your cart etc,etc. There is no end because even when TV is sold out the homeowners will own nothing so who ever purchases what the Morse family has been selling off will get to charge what ever they want and make the rules, what are the options, Sell?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogond
Skip, Have you ever lived in NJ ?? Here in the most corrupt state in the country we have all kinds of hidden tax's, we call them hidden tax's, like the one's you speak of.
I live in NJ and always thought they were called perks. I mean thats what the politicians called them as they pocketed them. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Could someone please help me understand about the tables? Are these vendors like they have or like card tables that people bring in for NYE? ???

And Donna Lee, why were you running between SS and LSL and the box office? What's there?

Maybe someone could just explain NYE to me as this will be the first one I will be down for and don't want to make any mistakes! ;D

Thanks!

Becky

Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 PM

No one has even mentioned that "townies" who do not live here will pay $50 for a table. Which means that many Villagers may not even get a table.
I, for one, think it is horrendous. It is setting a precedent for the future. Soon every event in the square will cost us money if we choose to "sit".
Does anyone know where this money is going to? and whom we can contact if we want to protest?
Sharon
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblb
No one has even mentioned that "townies" who do not live here will pay $50 for a table. Which means that many Villagers may not even get a table.
I, for one, think it is horrendous. It is setting a precedent for the future. Soon every event in the square will cost us money if we choose to "sit".
Does anyone know where this money is going to? and whom we can contact if we want to protest?
Sharon
Sharon:

I just got back from Spanish Springs and there was a group at the office protesting the "sale of space" on the squares for NYE. The Villages Entertainment Department is getting the money. You can complain to Barbara Vesco, Entertainment Director (formerly Barbara Gugino). She is recently married to Paul Vesco, the performer and band leader (Karacter Band and other names) often at Katie Belle's. Not only that, but other performers are now complaining that in order to perform at either town square or Katie Belles, they must use Paul Vesco as their talent agent and pay him a fee. Barbara is also the person that invented the $20 fee for entertainment at Katie Belles. Sounds to me like another little empire being built. Does this sound like a "conflict of interest" to you?

Skip
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Hi,

I don't understand about the tables.
Like Becky, I am not familiar.
Would someone please explain NYE.

Thanks,
Liz
Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

NYE -- New Year's Eve

You can rent the space to bring your table and chairs for $30. For an additional $30, you can rent a table and 4 chairs from TV.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Becky, Donna Lee is gone.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.