What do you think of the new rules.

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Platinum member
Default No parking space, crowds, unsafe or no exits . OMG

Sounds like a night at a Phish Concert. Throw in a little magic in the air. C'mon it's only for one night if it goes off at all. Have fun there or elsewhere and get over it. Y'all live in the "Friendliest Town" so lets get friendlier. Hmmm Not that friendly Handiecast. We only wish we were there to share the excitement with friends.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR whether you're in the Squares or elsewhere.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Veteran member

This is the third year that I seem to read the same comments about the lack of a New Years Eve organized event in some manner. It seems that the Villages staff wishes to take a back seat in promoting anything resembling a party, for whatever reasons, I do not know. The squares are open to the public and possibly the Village Staff wishes to abandon the responsibilty. Then again January 1 is not notoriously noted for warm evenings, so maybe the parties held at the rec centers have some merit. In any event, If I were to be there, I would persue the rec center idea.
All this being said lets all make a New Years resolution to make TOTV a more user friendly forum and get out and kiss your significant other on New Years Eve be it at the square, rec center, private party, or roll over in bed and say" goodnight honey"
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Mr. and Mrs Handieman
See Ya'll January 5th weather permitting
Old 12-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If I were there you all could come over and spill stuff on my carpeting.

No need to get your knickers in a hitch over something so NOT important. Who wants to be chilly in the squares anyway?
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 AM

It really makes sense

drd
Old 12-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default There was nothing wrong with the format of NYE on the squares until

the new entertainment director had to put het two cents into it.
The squares went on till midnight...people set up where ever they wanted to set up....the dance floor was crowded but isn't that the case at all NYE parties...the squares were crowded but isn't that the case with all NYE parties.
All in all everybody had a good time. If it were put to a vote, I bet a majority would go for bringing it back the way it was.

However, the new generation of management of TV is very litigation sensative (to a fault) and very $$$ sensative (to a fault) and way too responsive to special interest/minority (not race) complaining, hence they punish the majority.

Open the squares the way Schwartz used to allow the people to celebrate. Let the weak, noodle spined management tend to their paper work (instead of the needs of the people of TV).
Too big = too bad....too new = worse because they don't know about the people and THEY DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!

Other than the chicken approach to NYE I don't have much to compalin about in TV.

Happy New Year how ever you do it.

BTK

BTK
Old 12-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Veteran member

BTK - I'm with you 100%
I've only been here for 2 previous NYE and 2006-7 on till midnight was just fine. Pretty ho-hum with regards to anything dangerous (at SS at least).

Their main concern it seems is 'rowdyness'.
Who the heck wants to get rowdy with a bunch of senior citizens?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Default Rent space on a public street?

My wife and I don't go out on New Years Eve anyway. We prefer to start the New Year the same way we ended the old year. By spending time with someone we actually care about.
That being said, I still don't understand this renting stuff. I'm not a lawyer type person that knows all the answers. How in the world can anyone or anyplace block off a public street and charge rent for it's usage?
I understand the Palosi fiasco and when they have parades and such. But to tie up public roads for a party and charge monies for a spot on that same public thoroughfare?
Isn't that against the law? Maybe I could close off Morse Ave for a few hours and charge people for a chair and a table to enjoy a sunset or something. Seems like it amounts to the same thing.
But then again ...... that's just my opinion.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default I haven't read any of the "happy paper" articles...

is the time still only to 9 PM?
If yes, why would anybody pay good money to have to go home before midnight?
If it is until midnight then that is the only plus for the whole fiasco AND points out TV' hypocricy for rowdiness.
So, if you don't need to sit down or have a table one can come and roam and enjoy the festivities just like any other time.

While I have strong opinions about any number of subjects there aren't many I am outright predjudiced about....except one. I am extremel annoyed by the latest round of management of TV....so many are too young to have the experience required to be the very best. Too many are totally not in tune with the needs of the residents. And lastly, it must be OK with senior management that their new managers are meeting their business objectives while glossing over the needs of the residents.

Anyway.....is the party till midnight?

How about a march on the squares? Minimum participation 20,000 residents...never mind....

BTK
Old 12-31-2008, 10:19 AM

We just moved here two weeks ago and naively planned to cruise up to LSL tonight to see what was happening. Then I read this thread
In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Never Mind".

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.