What does the different colors of loofah mean or represent

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 08:04 PM

Hmmm, and now I’m in a dilemma...

My problem is that recently I bought some cool red shoes because they match the color of my car.... and now I read this thread...

Good grief...

Sign me,

Not a hooker in Monarch Grove
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2E4D0A95-FBCC-4573-A78C-EF0828A9F4C5.jpg
Views:	17032
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	82835  

Last edited by Spoiler; 02-09-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
When I drive around on my golf cart I see people with these different colored loofahs on their respective golf carts and even their cars. After seeing quite a few I am wandering if they have special meaning.
I heard guys that prefer craft beers, sport pink loofahs. Don't know if that's true.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Seriously, I thought this thread was going to discuss treatment at spas....
Old 02-10-2020, 08:36 AM

Hi all,
We are renting a house next spring in the villages... The rental property comes with a four-person golf cart....

Do I need two loofahs for my golf cart?

Has anyone seen a LED color changing loofah?

Will urban myths of the villages ever go away?

Haha... But I do agree on the use of an phone app to put a pin in the map as to where your golf cart was last left.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Oh my! Oh deah! Oh deah! I hope that rumor that went around here a decade or so ago is not back.

First, I will tell you what those loofahs really mean. AND THEN I will tell you what used to be said — but only if you promise not to believe that scandalous rumor:

Those loofahs are truly and merely to indicate where the car is parked.

I don’t have a loofah on my car. But as the owner of a white car with Florida plates, I can tell you that not paying perfect attention to where I had parked has caused me to end up pushing my grocery cart aimlessly through Publix parking lot, while trying to look confident — like I know whereinthehell I parked that Honda.

BUT somehow, somewhere, a long time ago, a rumor was started that said those loofah’d cars belonged to swingers, swappers, a key-party group. Not true. I have NEVER once seen anything unseemly in the backseats of those cars.

That salacious loofah rumor went around about the same time as the one that said to never wear red shoes while sitting at an outside bar in TV or people would think you were a hooker. (That rumor was so long ago that Brownwood had not even been built yet and LSL City Fire had a different name.)

All righty then, now, I have cleared all that up. Aren’t you glad you asked.
I don't think it's just a rumor.

My cult leader has told me that it's true, so no amount of facts you may come up with proving otherwise...will ever change my mind.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
Probably all those loofahs are the reason the Villages is the STD capital of the world!!!! LOL! I guess everyone heard that one too.
I tried a few years ago, but let's do it again with 2018 data from the CDC and Florida Dept. of Health:

Chlamydia:

National rate: 539.9 cases/100K population
Florida rate: 499.0 cases/100K population
Sumter Co. rate: 186.6 cases/100K population

True chlamydia capital of the US----St. Louis , Mo. with 1283 cases/100K population

Gonorrhea:

National rate: 179.1 cases/100K population
Florida rate: 156.0 cases/100K population
Sumter Co. rate: 85.0 cases/100K population

True GC capital of the US----Montgomery Co., Alabama----563.0 cases/100K population

I couldn't find data specific to TV alone, but given the average age of the population vs. the surrounding areas, it is likely the rates in TV are even lower than Sumter Co. as a whole.

End of myth.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I tried a few years ago, but let's do it again with 2018 data from the CDC and Florida Dept. of Health:

Chlamydia:

True chlamydia capital of the US----St. Louis , Mo. with 1283 cases/100K population

Gonorrhea:

True GC capital of the US----Montgomery Co., Alabama----563.0 cases/100K population

I couldn't find data specific to TV alone, but given the average age of the population vs. the surrounding areas, it is likely the rates in TV are even lower than Sumter Co. as a whole.

End of myth.
It's difficult to find a lot of statistics on The Villages because not many are actually kept. Stats are kept for Sumter County, Marion County, Lake County, Lady Lake, Wildwood and now Fruitland Park and other town that the Villages occupies but not for the Community Development District.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
As you get older dementia sets in and your memory is not a sharp as it used to be. People use them to be able to find their car or golf cart easier. I'm still in my fifties and I'm thinking about buying one cuz you'd be surprised how many times I walked the parking lot looking for my car.
What are u going to do when everyone has one and u can’t remember the color of yours
Old 02-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
What are u going to do when everyone has one and u can’t remember the color of yours
Put a number on it.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=Boomer;1716472]I don’t have a loofah on my car. But as the owner of a white car with Florida plates, I can tell you that not paying perfect attention to where I had parked has caused me to end up pushing my grocery cart aimlessly through Publix parking lot, while trying to look confident — like I know whereinthehell I parked that Honda.

Next time try this:
Get out of your car and stand behind it. Take your phone w/camera and take a picture straight up the row of cars toward the strip mall or store and check it out before you exit the store The photo will show what store you are parked in front of. You won't lose your car again. Of course, periodically scrub/delete the pix from your phone

FredF
Old 02-10-2020, 12:03 PM

What do colorblind folks do if they cannot distinguish one color loofa from another?
Old 02-10-2020, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Oh my! Oh deah! Oh deah! I hope that rumor that went around here a decade or so ago is not back.

First, I will tell you what those loofahs really mean. AND THEN I will tell you what used to be said — but only if you promise not to believe that scandalous rumor:

I don’t have a loofah on my car. But as the owner of a white car with Florida plates, I can tell you that not paying perfect attention to where I had parked has caused me to end up pushing my grocery cart aimlessly through Publix parking lot, while trying to look confident — like I know whereinthehell I parked that Honda.

BUT somehow, somewhere, a long time ago, a rumor was started that said those loofah’d cars belonged to swingers, swappers, a key-party group. Not true. I have NEVER once seen anything unseemly in the backseats of those cars.

That salacious loofah rumor went around about the same time as the one that said to never wear red shoes while sitting at an outside bar in TV or people would think you were a hooker. (That rumor was so long ago that Brownwood had not even been built yet and LSL City Fire had a different name.)

i always thought they were for helping you get the lovebug debris off the front windshield,
Old 02-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

[QUOTE=ffresh;1716946]
Quote:

Next time try this:
Get out of your car and stand behind it. Take your phone w/camera and take a picture straight up the row of cars toward the strip mall or store and check it out before you exit the store The photo will show what store you are parked in front of. You won't lose your car again. Of course, periodically scrub/delete the pix from your phone

FredF
it's embarrassing, but i set off my alarm on the keytag, LOL. after a few LARGE honks, i'm good to go. yes, people stare, but it works
Old 02-10-2020, 01:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Boomer as rumor-controller or washer woman. Gotta laugh

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Hmmm, and now I’m in a dilemma...

My problem is that recently I bought some cool red shoes because they match the color of my car.... and now I read this thread...

Good grief...

Sign me,

Not a hooker in Monarch Grove

FINALLY! A thread where we can laugh a little.

(TV is so big and so well-known that the rumors will never stop. It is a unique place. Nothing like it anywhere. Just gotta laugh.)

More than once, I have found myself putting that STD rumor in perspective:

You should hear me explain how an increase based on percentages can be relatively meaningless. Example: If there are 2 cases, followed by a total of 3 cases, then you tell me — what is the percentage increase that can be claimed. Just ask Big Pharma how those studies can skew things when touting percentages of increases or decreases —whatever works.

That ridiculous STD rumor grabbed tabloidy headlines more than 10 years ago.

We visited friends in a retirement community in SC, and that was the first thing they — and their neighbors — wanted to hear about. I defended TV’s reputation by tediously demonstrating percentage math — over wine and cheese.

The rumors about TV will never end so we might as well laugh.

Also — re. my white car with the Florida plates, though I have lost it before, I really do usually do that thing with lining up my parking spot with the building and taking a picture with my mind.

I always get a pinstripe on my car because, not only do I like pinstripes, but my pinstripe, more than once, has saved me from pulling on the wrong car door handle. Before my pinstriped car, I once terrified some guy who was sitting in his car, not mine.

AND:

Spoiler! I have to tellya — You, Sir, have a gift for wit. Your post and that picture of your shoes made me snort, in a most unladylike manner.

My advice: I think you will be OK — just be sure not to wear those gorgeous new red shoes with booty shorts.

Last edited by Boomer; 02-10-2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Chlamydia:

Gonorrhea:

End of myth.
This is wonderful information! I can’t tell you how many times people made fun of me for buying in TV ... “the sex capitol of Florida” .... my parents lived here for years, I knew it couldn’t be true. But now I have the ammunition to deal with those rumors.

Last edited by Velvet; 02-10-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Just recognized the possible double entendre.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, carts, cars, wandering, special

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.