Model T Ford Tour

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Default Model T Ford Tour

There will be a special treat this Monday, March 7.

Over 100 Model Ts will be pulling into Lake Sumter Landing for lunch. The cars will park in the lot between the Waterfront Inn and Codys.

This year's tour is headquartered at the Hilton in Ocala. It is popular with our friends "up north," who appreciate our friendly people and warmer weather. There will be 220 tour participants from 27 States and Canada.

Each day the cars are driven 50-100 miles on a predetermined course to various points of interest. On Monday they will visit the Carriage Museum, LSL, Don Garlits Museum and then back to the Hilton for some evening events held there. That is a typical day on a tour.

I've arranged for early boat tours and extra trolleys.

If you are in the area Monday, help us guide our Model T friends to the various attractions.

John Farr, President
Lin Lizzie Club of North Central Florida
http://www.linlizziefl.com
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Default Model T Ford Tour

My wife's performing hula troupe, the Aloha 'O Ka Hula dancers, from The Villages will be providing the Monday evening entertainment for the Model T Ford tour at the Ocala Hilton. This is a real honor for us to be invited to perform, and we are looking forward to it.

We hope that the Tour has a great time in The Villages. While they are heading south to visit The Villages, we will be heading north to set up at the Hilton. "Model T's and Hawaiian dancing!"

Aloha nui loa,
Bill
Old 03-03-2011, 12:47 PM

"Model T's and Hawaiian dancing!" Sounds like it's going to be nice show. Wish we could be there to see all those favorite old time cars and the dancing entertainment I'm sure will be very entertaining.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Default Model T Tour

The tour starts at noon today, Sunday, with a car display in Ocala's Downtown Historic Square. The weather will be a big factor, as rain will discourage most, since they mainly have open cars.

The weather here is fickle. They'll predict rain but often it does not rain - or it rained very little. My advice is to ignore the weather forecast, go to the venue and - if it rains - find shelter until it stops raining. That works for me for the monthly Cruise in at The Villages, where I rarely get wet.

The weather forecast is great for tomorrow. I hope you can see the cars while they are in our area! If you don't go to Ocala today, make it a point to check us out between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM tomorrow at LSL. And if you come, remember that there will be 220 "newbies" wandering about who will need to know where to go and what to do. I'm encouraging them to take the trolley tour, although some are unwilling to go on a "sales pitch tour." I'm doing my best to debunk that notion, since there is little or no sales talk - just a well done overview of our little piece of Paradise. We'll need a little help from residents of our "Friendliest Home Town."

To accommodate our guests an extra trolley is scheduled tomorrow, and the LSL boat tour will begin at 11:00 AM. And all LSL restaurants have been alerted, too.

John Farr

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.