What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?

VK,

Thank you.

Vinyl siding I can deal with.

This is the stuff we're really watching.

BB
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Default Re: What Does The "Settlement" Mean With Regard To Recreation Facilities Management?

This topic is one reason I registered. I have been monitoring this form for months. My first trip that was recorded by the front office was 1988. I was to young to live in the Villages at that time plus I was working in MI.
For two decade I have said, a family has done something the government could never do. I have traveled the U.S. in a motorhome scoping out retirement communities, this is one of a kind. Does anyone disagree? No
My fear is I cringe at the thought of anyone other that the present decision makers making the decisions concerning the managing of the recreation facilities. I know not one new face has any experience. I see the residence taking over. I see the people with the best golf score being elected by popular vote or the best line dancers. The line dancers will want to gut the rec-centers and put in big dance floors. The golfers will want to demolish the rec-center and expand the golf course. Everybody will want to spend the money in the treasury for bigger and better and newer. I fear the money will be mismanaged if for no other reason than no one has ever done this before. Look around you it is a full time job, are you going to but a retired person in charge.

Tell me, is it the plan to elect residents to manage this or is it just to have a voice. It looks to me that without the money the Village is out of control. OR is the money in a kind of escrow fund but managed by the Village.

Thank you for you time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.