What does The Villages Need?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Wink What does The Villages Need?

Hi,
Just bought my new house in TV, absolutely adore it.

I just sold my last Business and now am looking for a new venture in TV.

So what does the Villages need? any ideas guys?

I have owned Photography Studios, Make Up Studios, Hair Studios

Any help would be great, i have seen a few shops to rent so would not be hard to get things in motion.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

What about an internet cafe? You'd be competing with some of the Rec centers though. But on the rare occasion when I've been there without my computer, the lines are often long.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we need a store called 'the christmas tree shops' - the best store for decorating goods and home goods - and we need a good competitor for joann's like a.c. moore. think ya could recruit either of them to come to t.v?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
we need a store called 'the christmas tree shops' - the best store for decorating goods and home goods - and we need a good competitor for joann's like a.c. moore. think ya could recruit either of them to come to t.v?
love love love the Christmas Tree Shops!!!

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk View Post
Hi,
Just bought my new house in TV, absolutely adore it.

I just sold my last Business and now am looking for a new venture in TV.

So what does the Villages need? any ideas guys?

I have owned Photography Studios, Make Up Studios, Hair Studios

Any help would be great, i have seen a few shops to rent so would not be hard to get things in motion.
What do you like to do? That would make it good for you as well as those you serve.

But remember, gotta be careful about what you do out of the home, from what we've seen on TOTV (find and read the posts on that thread) you cannot even work on your business on the home computer.
Hopefully, you can think about the business from home.

This is why in addition to our TV homes we snagged a place outside the compound 'just in case'

We will move our retail there once we are down for good and have been looking at leased retail space and commercial property

Send a PM and let us know what's up, we're always looking to network.

L&L
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

The biggest issue with owning property in TV is no consolidated services. I hire someone to mow my lawn (they don't fertilize), someone else for termites, another to trim shrubs, someone else to weed, another for pool service, and someone else to fertilize the lawn, but they don't do shrubs, so another for that. Need someone else for the sprinkler system and another for home watch, and another for mulch. TOO MANY DIFFERENT PROVIDERS. Now I know that I will never find one to do it all, but if I could get it down to just 3 I would be happy. Everyone wants to do just one thing. If a service consolidated all outside maintenance they would put everyone else out of business. Even if they only did most of it and subbed the rest to someone else.

But they would have to mow the lawn, fertilize the lawn, weed the beds, trim the shrubs, fertilize the shrubs, spray the shrubs and lawn for bugs, mulch the beds, inspect the home while they are there, and fix and repair the sprinkler systems. Then just sub termite protection to someone and your done.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Veteran member

How about opening a nice Irish pub?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:51 PM

How about a health/wellness club with reasonable rates and an indoor pool!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Veteran member

-There are no Big/Tall stores for men nearby. There is only one in Ocala.
-I miss the Coney Island restaurants that are all over the Metro Detroit area. Always ate there about once a week. Nothing comparable around here.
-There are no dance wear stores here. Many dance troops around The Villages, but everyone has to order their shoes and tights on line because there is no where to buy it here. Many dance wear stores also sell costumes, which would work well with the clown college. Also need to sell stage makeup, which works with the many theatre groups.
-Music stores are non-existant here, and there are so many musical groups here. Someplace that could repair instruments, sell pianos, and have a department for sheet music.
-There is no personalization store here. You know the ones where you can get glassware engraved, or monograms put on towels. That kind of place.

This is just a short list of all the kinds of places that I have wanted and that are not here. Many of the other places I have missed are chains, and wouldn't help you if I listed them. Pleeeeease, open one of these!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage

Need a White Castle!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Bosoxfan

Someone to make a good pizza!!!!!!!! PLEASE
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Another vote..make it two..for Christmas Tree Shop.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Cool

FYI to schuler - there is a music store in Mulberry Grove that does sell pianos and does sell music and some instrument repair. They are located on the west side of the Walgreens facing CR 42 and golf cart accessible.
Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 PM

I would love a cafe/pastry shop where you could sit down and have great coffee/teas and a wide selection of desserts. A place where you could relax and listen to great music. Nothing against Starbucks, Barnies or Dunkin Donuts, but a place with a European touch would be fantastic. So often after dinner my husband and I would love to go out for a treat, but there is really no place special to visit.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-09-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.