What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

It seems to have stopped dead. Maybe someone didn't pay the bill? Hmmm, I paid my taxes. Maybe they're working down on the south end and will meet in the middle? They seem to have repaved the parts of Morse south of 466 (and B.V.) that were in decent condition but they seem to have stopped at the worst part of Morse I have seen near Mallory CC which is still a mine field of patches and bumps. The first part got done real fast. Then I noticed the sign has been face down that says "Your taxes at work."
Old 09-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

it is done. They resurfaced each road about 1 mile from 466 south.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
it is done. They resurfaced each road about 1 mile from 466 south.
Seriously? I thought Morse and B.V. were supposed to be resurfaced all the way up to CR44! Guess not. The resurfacing stopped about 100yds north of probably the most messed up patched rough area of Morse! They didn't do the Morse bridge either. LOL. Amazing.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
It seems to have stopped dead. Maybe someone didn't pay the bill? Hmmm, I paid my taxes. Maybe they're working down on the south end and will meet in the middle? They seem to have repaved the parts of Morse south of 466 (and B.V.) that were in decent condition but they seem to have stopped at the worst part of Morse I have seen near Mallory CC which is still a mine field of patches and bumps. The first part got done real fast. Then I noticed the sign has been face down that says "Your taxes at work."
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Seriously? I thought Morse and B.V. were supposed to be resurfaced all the way up to CR44! Guess not. The resurfacing stopped about 100yds north of probably the most messed up patched rough area of Morse! They didn't do the Morse bridge either. LOL. Amazing.
Do you mean the area close to the Morse bridge? I thought "they" would do that when "they" fixed the bridge. I will link you to the persons in charge. BRB.

Here it is;

Operations Department | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 09-20-2019, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
I noticed that they were repaving those parking lots and wondered by LaGrande Blvd, which is full of potholes and a real mess was not done before a parking lot. I didn't think that the parking lot was that bad. It wasn't perfect, but compared to some of the streets in the historic district it was fine.

They'd done several streets over here, but seemed to have stopped in order to work elsewhere. As I said, LaGrande Blvd is one of the worst streets I've seen in The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:41 AM

I remember reading in the paper that the rest of Morse Blvd (to 466A) would be paved in November.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I noticed that they were repaving those parking lots and wondered by LaGrande Blvd, which is full of potholes and a real mess was not done before a parking lot. I didn't think that the parking lot was that bad. It wasn't perfect, but compared to some of the streets in the historic district it was fine.

They'd done several streets over here, but seemed to have stopped in order to work elsewhere. As I said, LaGrande Blvd is one of the worst streets I've seen in The Villages.
Are the parking lot repairs done by the developer who owns the squares? And the street repairs done by the county?
Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
I remember reading in the paper that the rest of Morse Blvd (to 466A) would be paved in November.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Repaving parking lots?

Or just fresh-coating/dressing/sealing which barely covers cracks.
More aesthetic than anything...makes them look pretty and new with the new stripes.

The Bridgeport at Lake Miona Rec center was done a couple of weeks ago. Definitely was not much more than sealing.....not re-paving.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Repaving parking lots?

More aesthetic than anything...makes them look pretty and new with the new stripes.

The Bridgeport at Lake Miona Rec center was done a couple of weeks ago. Definitely was not much more than sealing.....not re-paving.
The parking lots in question are being repaved. Just like Nucky said.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Repaving parking lots?

Milling the Parking lot and then Repaving. Doing the Job in the absolutely totally proper manner. This is after all where the Entire Dream Started. They were removing the old asphalt all the way up to the islands in the Parking Lots, a great job not any corners cut at all that I saw.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Are the parking lot repairs done by the developer who owns the squares? And the street repairs done by the county?
Squares are not owned by the developer. Owned by the CDDs.

Village Center CDD
Sumter Landing CDD or
Brownwood CDD

As for the street repair..... the person that is asking lives there and should know who owns them. Probably the Town of Lady Lake or Lake County. Also I won't think they would repave til they are finished with what ever construction is planed. (Post Office area)
Old 09-20-2019, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Do you mean the area close to the Morse bridge? I thought "they" would do that when "they" fixed the bridge. I will link you to the persons in charge. BRB.

I am referring to the 100 yards or so on each side of the O'Dell Circle near Mallory CC. It's an area that has been poorly patched at least 3 times in the 2 1/2 years I have been here. They ended just north of that between Stillwater and O'Dell by Mallory. Most of what they DID pave was already in excellent condition. We travel it 3-4 times a day. As for the bridge, I guess they will get to that when they get to that.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post

If so, that is great. I knew I read something somewhere about more than what was done. I thought it was all the way up to CR44.
Closed Thread

Tags
morse, taxes, b.v, south, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.