What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?
  #1  
Old 09-19-2019, 08:37 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

It seems to have stopped dead. Maybe someone didn't pay the bill? Hmmm, I paid my taxes. Maybe they're working down on the south end and will meet in the middle? They seem to have repaved the parts of Morse south of 466 (and B.V.) that were in decent condition but they seem to have stopped at the worst part of Morse I have seen near Mallory CC which is still a mine field of patches and bumps. The first part got done real fast. Then I noticed the sign has been face down that says "Your taxes at work."
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 09-19-2019, 09:01 PM
OpusX1's Avatar
OpusX1 OpusX1 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Villages
Posts: 715
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

it is done. They resurfaced each road about 1 mile from 466 south.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 09-19-2019, 10:38 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
it is done. They resurfaced each road about 1 mile from 466 south.
Seriously? I thought Morse and B.V. were supposed to be resurfaced all the way up to CR44! Guess not. The resurfacing stopped about 100yds north of probably the most messed up patched rough area of Morse! They didn't do the Morse bridge either. LOL. Amazing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EdFNJ For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 09-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,870
Thanks: 151
Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
It seems to have stopped dead. Maybe someone didn't pay the bill? Hmmm, I paid my taxes. Maybe they're working down on the south end and will meet in the middle? They seem to have repaved the parts of Morse south of 466 (and B.V.) that were in decent condition but they seem to have stopped at the worst part of Morse I have seen near Mallory CC which is still a mine field of patches and bumps. The first part got done real fast. Then I noticed the sign has been face down that says "Your taxes at work."
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2019, 05:38 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 36,479
Thanks: 162
Thanked 97 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Seriously? I thought Morse and B.V. were supposed to be resurfaced all the way up to CR44! Guess not. The resurfacing stopped about 100yds north of probably the most messed up patched rough area of Morse! They didn't do the Morse bridge either. LOL. Amazing.
Do you mean the area close to the Morse bridge? I thought "they" would do that when "they" fixed the bridge. I will link you to the persons in charge. BRB.


Here it is;

Operations Department | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to graciegirl For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 09-20-2019, 06:37 AM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,114
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
I noticed that they were repaving those parking lots and wondered by LaGrande Blvd, which is full of potholes and a real mess was not done before a parking lot. I didn't think that the parking lot was that bad. It wasn't perfect, but compared to some of the streets in the historic district it was fine.

They'd done several streets over here, but seemed to have stopped in order to work elsewhere. As I said, LaGrande Blvd is one of the worst streets I've seen in The Villages.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Winston O Boogie jr For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 09-20-2019, 06:41 AM
pklein9747 pklein9747 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I remember reading in the paper that the rest of Morse Blvd (to 466A) would be paved in November.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 36,479
Thanks: 162
Thanked 97 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I noticed that they were repaving those parking lots and wondered by LaGrande Blvd, which is full of potholes and a real mess was not done before a parking lot. I didn't think that the parking lot was that bad. It wasn't perfect, but compared to some of the streets in the historic district it was fine.

They'd done several streets over here, but seemed to have stopped in order to work elsewhere. As I said, LaGrande Blvd is one of the worst streets I've seen in The Villages.
Are the parking lot repairs done by the developer who owns the squares? And the street repairs done by the county?
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 AM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 3,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
I remember reading in the paper that the rest of Morse Blvd (to 466A) would be paved in November.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-20-2019, 07:36 AM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,049
Thanks: 0
Thanked 61 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Repaving parking lots?

Or just fresh-coating/dressing/sealing which barely covers cracks.
More aesthetic than anything...makes them look pretty and new with the new stripes.

The Bridgeport at Lake Miona Rec center was done a couple of weeks ago. Definitely was not much more than sealing.....not re-paving.
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
morse, taxes, b.v, south, part

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.