What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-19-2019, 08:37 PM
Gold member

Default What ever happened to Morse & B.V. resurfacing project?

It seems to have stopped dead. Maybe someone didn't pay the bill? Hmmm, I paid my taxes. Maybe they're working down on the south end and will meet in the middle? They seem to have repaved the parts of Morse south of 466 (and B.V.) that were in decent condition but they seem to have stopped at the worst part of Morse I have seen near Mallory CC which is still a mine field of patches and bumps. The first part got done real fast. Then I noticed the sign has been face down that says "Your taxes at work."

Old 09-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

it is done. They resurfaced each road about 1 mile from 466 south.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 10:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
it is done. They resurfaced each road about 1 mile from 466 south.
Seriously? I thought Morse and B.V. were supposed to be resurfaced all the way up to CR44! Guess not. The resurfacing stopped about 100yds north of probably the most messed up patched rough area of Morse! They didn't do the Morse bridge either. LOL. Amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to EdFNJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
It seems to have stopped dead. Maybe someone didn't pay the bill? Hmmm, I paid my taxes. Maybe they're working down on the south end and will meet in the middle? They seem to have repaved the parts of Morse south of 466 (and B.V.) that were in decent condition but they seem to have stopped at the worst part of Morse I have seen near Mallory CC which is still a mine field of patches and bumps. The first part got done real fast. Then I noticed the sign has been face down that says "Your taxes at work."
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Seriously? I thought Morse and B.V. were supposed to be resurfaced all the way up to CR44! Guess not. The resurfacing stopped about 100yds north of probably the most messed up patched rough area of Morse! They didn't do the Morse bridge either. LOL. Amazing.
Do you mean the area close to the Morse bridge? I thought "they" would do that when "they" fixed the bridge. I will link you to the persons in charge. BRB.

Here it is;

Operations Department | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 09-20-2019, 06:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Ed F NJ, I found them. They are doing an emergency parking lot job from The Back Of The Sharon to the Veterans Monument. And a beautiful job it is. It really needed it badly! Whatever, they got the place this far they must know what they are doing. They are very organized and polite compared to the contractors back in the Frozen Tundra.
I noticed that they were repaving those parking lots and wondered by LaGrande Blvd, which is full of potholes and a real mess was not done before a parking lot. I didn't think that the parking lot was that bad. It wasn't perfect, but compared to some of the streets in the historic district it was fine.

They'd done several streets over here, but seemed to have stopped in order to work elsewhere. As I said, LaGrande Blvd is one of the worst streets I've seen in The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Winston O Boogie jr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 06:41 AM

I remember reading in the paper that the rest of Morse Blvd (to 466A) would be paved in November.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I noticed that they were repaving those parking lots and wondered by LaGrande Blvd, which is full of potholes and a real mess was not done before a parking lot. I didn't think that the parking lot was that bad. It wasn't perfect, but compared to some of the streets in the historic district it was fine.

They'd done several streets over here, but seemed to have stopped in order to work elsewhere. As I said, LaGrande Blvd is one of the worst streets I've seen in The Villages.
Are the parking lot repairs done by the developer who owns the squares? And the street repairs done by the county?
Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
I remember reading in the paper that the rest of Morse Blvd (to 466A) would be paved in November.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Sage

Repaving parking lots?

Or just fresh-coating/dressing/sealing which barely covers cracks.
More aesthetic than anything...makes them look pretty and new with the new stripes.

The Bridgeport at Lake Miona Rec center was done a couple of weeks ago. Definitely was not much more than sealing.....not re-paving.

Tags
morse, taxes, b.v, south, part