Springtime in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Default Springtime in The Villages

Having just moved here in October, I'm enjoying experiencing all things new. Winter was great! No snow to shovel, just cold enough to wear a favorite sweater every once in a while, yet mild enough to swim while the turkey cooked Thanksgiving Day. Green one day, brown the next. But no matter where I've been, I've always loved spring. The birds return, things come into bloom. I think there are more wonderful strong smells here than anywhere I've ever been. I've always had lilacs and honeysuckle around me, but that sweet jasmine!!! It's heaven to me. And I'm seeing all these new plants popping up. I just love it. I love my new life, my new location and Springtime in The Villages!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Sage

Nice!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
Having just moved here in October, I'm enjoying experiencing all things new. Winter was great! No snow to shovel, just cold enough to wear a favorite sweater every once in a while, yet mild enough to swim while the turkey cooked Thanksgiving Day. Green one day, brown the next. But no matter where I've been, I've always loved spring. The birds return, things come into bloom. I think there are more wonderful strong smells here than anywhere I've ever been. I've always had lilacs and honeysuckle around me, but that sweet jasmine!!! It's heaven to me. And I'm seeing all these new plants popping up. I just love it. I love my new life, my new location and Springtime in The Villages!!!
scrapple:

You should write ads for TV.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

The Villages Florida
Old 04-16-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Oh! I can't wait....one more week.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Sage

It is especially fragrant this year! The Jasmine is in full bloom and the aroma is beyond wonderful. The Texas privet (that's what it was called in Ca, not sure what it's called here) is also starting to bloom and again, such a wonderful smell! Golfed yesterday at Mira Mesa and the drive there was such a sweet one... Then headed downtown and the jasmine all over gave off its beautiful scent....aaaahhhh.

I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying your new home town, it's indeed beautiful. Thanks for sharing your feelings with us, Scrapple!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegeo View Post
Oh! I can't wait....one more week.
Us too!! The moving van comes Wednesday and then we're FROGS
Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 PM

OMG!!! Are those conical shaped green trees with smooth shiney leathery leaves the size of a camels tongue with a beautifully smelling huge white flower oleander? Awesome!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
OMG!!! Are those conical shaped green trees with smooth shiney leathery leaves the size of a camels tongue with a beautifully smelling huge white flower oleander? Awesome!!!
Magnolia!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Magnolia!
Our neighbor across from us has a magnolia, but all I get is the leaves! I think plastic will turn to mulch before those brown magnolia leaves in my yard.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Magnolia!
Magnolia blossoms remind me of the gardenias we used to be given for proms.

BUT they brown up so quickly.

And their leaves ARE made of plastic. How did He do that?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 AM

"Surar Magnolia, blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care..."
Some are kind of scraggly looking until you drive up next to them, get out of the cart, go touch those leaves and smell the flowers! And I love those little grass-looking clumps with the long stem that has a pretty purple flower on top, just bobbing their heads in the wind. Even a direct hit with a power sprayer doesn't disturb those tykes!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM

"Sugar Magnolia, blossoms blooming, heads are empty and I don't care..."
Some of them are a bit scraggley looking until you stop the golf cart, get out and walk over to a tree, feel those leaves and smell that flower! I also like the little grass clumps that has one long stem coming out with a small purple flower on top. They just bob their heads around in the wind with not a care in the world. Even when a power sprayer hits them, they stand their own! Strong little tykes!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
"Surar Magnolia, blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care..."
Some are kind of scraggly looking until you drive up next to them, get out of the cart, go touch those leaves and smell the flowers! And I love those little grass-looking clumps with the long stem that has a pretty purple flower on top, just bobbing their heads in the wind. Even a direct hit with a power sprayer doesn't disturb those tykes!
Oh my dear Scrapple, you got it and you got it bad. You have spring fever! It is very good for you and I am so glad to see you blooming where you are planted.

Hugs,
Moi
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.