Costco!!!

Apartments?
Old 07-08-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Maybe a tear down and rebuild?
Hopefully build something with better acoustics. My musician friends refer to Hacienda Hills Country Club as "The Room from Hell".

And get someone in there that has a semblance of an idea how to manage a restaurant.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Unhappy Hacienda Hills

Anyone know what if anything will be built where they're demolishing the former restaurant, golf shop, ect.??
They have taped off the area and rumor has it that not only restaurant building, but also pool is being removed?
Old 07-08-2020, 11:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaids View Post
Anyone know what if anything will be built where they're demolishing the former restaurant, golf shop, ect.??
They have taped off the area and rumor has it that not only restaurant building, but also pool is being removed?
The developer knows, but has not said anything.

Per article in July 7 Daily Sun, they are clearing away the pool, pool bar, tennis courts, restaurant and pro shop, per Ryan McCabe, The Villages Operations manager.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The developer knows, but has not said anything.

Per article in July 7 Daily Sun, they are clearing away the pool, pool bar, tennis courts, restaurant and pro shop, per Ryan McCabe, The Villages Operations manager.
I am holding out hope for the best, but good news usually flows very quickly and bad news seems to get buried. The lack of any news regarding plans to rebuild a new and better Pro Shop, restaurant, and pool is not a positive sign.
Time will tell?
Old 07-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Gold member

All they are saying is that it is "being cleared" and "it's outlived its useful life". I'm betting that whatever goes in there will be nothing like a country club restaurant or priority pool. It will be something the developer can make money on. I am a priority golf member whose priority pool membership is very important to me, and I live in the Hacienda Hills neighborhood. It's priority pool is the one I use. My priority membership fee is due by August first, and before I renew I will call the country club management office to see if the pool is being permanently removed. If they can't/won't answer my question, I won't renew.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
All they are saying is that it is "being cleared" and "it's outlived its useful life". I'm betting that whatever goes in there will be nothing like a country club restaurant or priority pool. It will be something the developer can make money on. I am a priority golf member whose priority pool membership is very important to me, and I live in the Hacienda Hills neighborhood. It's priority pool is the one I use. My priority membership fee is due by August first, and before I renew I will call the country club management office to see if the pool is being permanently removed. If they can't/won't answer my question, I won't renew.
It has been publicity stated in the Daily Sun and repeated here the pool will be gone.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I am holding out hope for the best, but good news usually flows very quickly and bad news seems to get buried. The lack of any news regarding plans to rebuild a new and better Pro Shop, restaurant, and pool is not a positive sign.
Time will tell?
It usually does. In my 18 years here new projects are announced when firm plans are in place. Why tell the world what you are going to do, before you finalize your plan?
Besides what difference does it make not knowing what will happen?
Old 07-08-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It usually does. In my 18 years here new projects are announced when firm plans are in place. Why tell the world what you are going to do, before you finalize your plan?
Besides what difference does it make not knowing what will happen?
Not knowing what will happen at Hacienda Hills makes little difference to my lifestyle, as long as the Championship golf is not effected. However, people considering buying a pre-owned home in the area might want to know, as well as people living in the area considering a priority pool membership.

In my opinion, what ultimately happens at Hacienda Hills is important because it signals the developers willingness to maintain the existing lifestyle opportunities in aging areas of the Villages where they are no longer profiting from building new homes.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
On another site they are saying that the Hacienda Pool is drained, all the chairs are gone at the pool. Also there is a big construction equipment there in the parking lot. Does anyone have information on what is going on there?
Yesteday's newspaper indicated a complete teardown. Buildings outlived their usefulness.

Article did state what was replacing current building.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:15 PM
Veteran member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Typical story form The Other Site.
The article was from Daily Sun dated 7/7/20
Old 07-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
What section of the paper. It must be really small, I can't find it.

It was very small , only three paragraphs buried on some back pages.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:22 PM

Someone told me that the villages is required to keep a certain number of pools, rec centers, country clubs etc. He heard there's going to be a restaurant, pool, etc, but not an upscale restaurant? Why are the village's powers that be keeping these plans a secret???
Old 07-09-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaids View Post
Someone told me that the villages is required to keep a certain number of pools, rec centers, country clubs etc. He heard there's going to be a restaurant, pool, etc, but not an upscale restaurant? Why are the village's powers that be keeping these plans a secret???
Someone was completely wrong by telling you that "requirement." It's not true.

It's possible the plan has already been completely announced -- that demolition is everything that will be done, that nothing will be built on that site.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Veteran member

Grass it over and it can become a super-duper dog pooper park.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.