What was going on in Wildwood yesterday?

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2021, 05:56 AM
Default What was going on in Wildwood yesterday?

We came back into town yesterday evening and the whole area around the I75/44 interchange was surrounded by police with several ambulances. Police were stationed at the entrances of all the fast food establishments and traffic was horrific. What gives??
Old 06-21-2021, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

“The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office is actively investigating a shooting incident that took place this evening just before 8:00 PM in the area of Royal Park, during an annual Father’s Day event. During this incident multiple shots were fired, resulting in multiple victims. The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office has a suspect in custody. This is an ongoing investigation more details will be released at a later time. No further information is currently available.”
Old 06-21-2021, 06:17 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
“The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office is actively investigating a shooting incident that took place this evening just before 8:00 PM in the area of Royal Park, during an annual Father’s Day event. During this incident multiple shots were fired, resulting in multiple victims. The Sumter County Sheriff’s Office has a suspect in custody. This is an ongoing investigation more details will be released at a later time. No further information is currently available.”
One dead so far.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:43 PM

1 Dead 9 injured. Thought I had moved away from this kind of thing.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 384 Posts

I thought it was a Juneeetenth and Fathers Day celebration.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I thought it was a Juneeetenth and Fathers Day celebration.
Father's day, together with some sort of car show. Wesh2 just reported on this evening's five o:clock news that they caught the shooter, Wesh said that many of the people who had attended were from Tampa.

There was a youtube recording of the shooting, but it was quickly taken down. This event has been held in that area since at least 2014 according to a google search I did. There was a deadly shooting in 2018 at this event. It is really not far as the Eagle flies from the Village of Buttonwood.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts
Default Leesburg newspaper

Leesburg Daily Commercial: Local News, Politics & Sports in Leesburg, FL
Old 06-22-2021, 05:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGo View Post
There is no “moving away”. TV isnt a bubble. Crime and violence is everywhere
Old 06-22-2021, 05:52 AM

The world as we knew it growing up has changed radically, I suggest that everyone get a CCL, go to gun range and practice, because you never know if you are in a life and death situation, and instead of becoming a victim you can protect yourself and maybe your love ones. Every day we see on the local news the terrible atrocities committed by criminals and believe it won't affect us, but you can't even go to Walmart, Publix etc., today without some degenerate kook looking to harm someone for no apparent reason.There is no where safe today,so why not be prepared in case a serious situation happens. How sad is it that kids can not go to a party, a bar,a dance, even schools, whatever, without some sort of violence happening. When we were younger it never crossed our mind that a shooting would occur. Like I previously stated, the world as we knew growing up has change radically, and for the worse.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

big article in the Daily Sun this morning. Fathers Day shooting at a park in Wildwood. The shooter was caught
Old 06-22-2021, 06:06 AM

We have chosen to take God out of America and this is what we as a society chosen to take Gods place. We now live in a society where good is called evil, and evil is called good.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

As someone else has already written, this violence is everywhere no matter what state you live in...........sad.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGo View Post
What planet do you live on? Mass shootings happen literally every day in the US. We are a savage stupid country in so many eays.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:24 AM
Default Evil and good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
We have chosen to take God out of America and this is what we as a society chosen to take Gods place. We now live in a society where good is called evil, and evil is called good.
The evil have taken god to the devil side of the world. God is not gone, people who promote the devil in the name of god is what is going on. Spewing hate, and ignorance and lies is what makes people turn away from so called christians.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
The world as we knew it growing up has changed radically, I suggest that everyone get a CCL, go to gun range and practice, because you never know if you are in a life and death situation, and instead of becoming a victim you can protect yourself and maybe your love ones. Every day we see on the local news the terrible atrocities committed by criminals and believe it won't affect us, but you can't even go to Walmart, Publix etc., today without some degenerate kook looking to harm someone for no apparent reason.There is no where safe today,so why not be prepared in case a serious situation happens. How sad is it that kids can not go to a party, a bar,a dance, even schools, whatever, without some sort of violence happening. When we were younger it never crossed our mind that a shooting would occur. Like I previously stated, the world as we knew growing up has change radically, and for the worse.
This has not worked. It only exacerbates the situation. What’s that saying about repeating what does work? Something about lack of sanity? We are insane.
Closed Thread

Tags
yesterday, police, food, fast, establishments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.