What was going on in Wildwood yesterday?

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougawhite View Post
The only thing I gleaned from that video is that ridiculously large wheels and spinners are still a thing...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-23-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Not true.
Only some have chosen to take God out of America.
The some, unfortunately are presented and made viable by the agenda driven politicians amplified by their media lemmings.

The other 80% plus of us (silent majority) still have basic American values.
I mostly believed the same myself until the last election proved me wrong once and for all. Welcome to the Fall Of Roman Empire, Redux.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:43 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
I mostly believed the same myself until the last election proved me wrong once and for all. Welcome to the Fall Of Roman Empire, Redux.
It appears America is following the fall of Rome.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:32 AM
Default Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
I’m sure all the criminals will abide by any new gun control laws you anti gun people put in….
I’m not anti gun, but I’m definitely all about controlling their access by those that shouldn’t be carrying. Too many people lack the self discipline to carry, or the mental competence. There was a time in our history when everyone wore a gun. It was called the wild Wild West. Every hot head solved his problems with brute force by drawing his gun. We know how that went, yet it seems many are determined to put us back into that type of society again. More guns historically speaking has shown to make an unstable society.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The only thing I gleaned from that video is that ridiculously large wheels and spinners are still a thing...
If my daughter was a going on a date and her date arrived driving one of these hideous vehicles, I'd run him off ....in a hurry
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmckiou View Post
I’m not anti gun, but I’m definitely all about controlling their access by those that shouldn’t be carrying. Too many people lack the self discipline to carry, or the mental competence. There was a time in our history when everyone wore a gun. It was called the wild Wild West. Every hot head solved his problems with brute force by drawing his gun. We know how that went, yet it seems many are determined to put us back into that type of society again. More guns historically speaking has shown to make an unstable society.
That is a fallacy, promoted by Dime Store Novels and the Movies...

In reality, the "Wild West" was nothing of the sort...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-24-2021, 07:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
You certainly watch too many westerns.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
True, and very sad. Pray that you're never in a situation where you have to use deadly force. Criminals are running the asylum. They have more rights given to them over those who follow the law. Who gives them those rights? Look no further than the part time residents of the district up north.
What does the "district up north" have to do with deadly shootings in Florida? Florida has some of the most generous gun rights in the country. It also has some of the most gruesome mass shootings in the country. Not the only ones for sure - no state is immune. But you can't blame Florida's shootings on tight gun restrictions, because Florida doesn't HAVE tight gun restrictions.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
What does the "district up north" have to do with deadly shootings in Florida? Florida has some of the most generous gun rights in the country. It also has some of the most gruesome mass shootings in the country. Not the only ones for sure - no state is immune. But you can't blame Florida's shootings on tight gun restrictions, because Florida doesn't HAVE tight gun restrictions.
Generous gun right?

Generous???

The government does not "bestow" our rights upon us...

And one of the reasons I'm moving to FL is that fact that they try not to INFRINGE on our rights...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-24-2021, 09:48 AM
Default Humans

Much of the human species is too unevolved to carry a gun. They too often base their reactions on emotions, instead of using intellect. That lack of self discipline creates a warring society stuck in escalating circumstances. Unfortunately, we will never get out of this spiraling out of control because too many think the reaction should be bigger guns, more guns, etc. That never stops because violence always creates more violence, despite whether you think your “violence” is in the right. There will be no end to it until it destroys our society, and many start looking for a strong-man authoritarian that makes them feel safe again, and that will end our democracy because that group of society will do anything to keep their strong man in office and be-damned the democracy experiment. That’s how democratic societies always end.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:53 PM
Default These folks might disagree...

Quote:
Much of the human species is too unevolved to carry a gun. They too often base their reactions on emotions, instead of using intellect. That lack of self discipline creates a warring society stuck in escalating circumstances. Unfortunately, we will never get out of this spiraling out of control because too many think the reaction should be bigger guns, more guns, etc. That never stops because violence always creates more violence, despite whether you think your “violence” is in the right. There will be no end to it until it destroys our society, and many start looking for a strong-man authoritarian that makes them feel safe again, and that will end our democracy because that group of society will do anything to keep their strong man in office and be-damned the democracy experiment. That’s how democratic societies always end.
I think these good folks would disagree, and I am with them:

YouTube
Old 06-24-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
A government that fears an armed citizenry, is a government to be feared. Much less crime where people are armed.
Closed Thread

Tags
yesterday, police, food, fast, establishments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.