Virginia Trace

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Default Virginia Trace

Anyone live in Virginia Trace? We are looking in that area and was wondering how bad the traffic is there to get out of the sub (on Canal). Don' know if that is the only way to get to the square with cart?

aj
Old 09-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Anyone live in Virginia Trace? We are looking in that area and was wondering how bad the traffic is there to get out of the sub (on Canal). Don' know if that is the only way to get to the square with cart?

aj
Hi AJ, I rented many times in the past in Virginia Trace during the snowbird season, and I didn't find the traffic bad at all. Matter of fact, its such a convenient village, that I drove my golf cart everywhere into the squares.

But, please, let me clarify that..... look what I'm comparing it to...
Los Angeles?????? Anything with less than bumper to bumper traffic to me is light! Have a good time, you'll love it!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-30-2009, 07:30 AM

Thanks for info. We live in country in Mich so we have very very little traffic so any traffic would be an increase. But we had heard of it being hard to get out of because the only way out is on Canal and that was busy.

Now that is just what we heard and if your saying it's not bad getting out great, just don' want to wait for 10min everytime we want to cross street.

Thanks,
aj
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Never had a problem with traffic in Virginia Trace. It's a great location.

(Of course as fate would have it I also spent the majority of my life in Southern California - and you haven't seen traffic until you've experienced the "orange crush".)
Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM

One thing for sure is I don't want to move to west coast, don't like too much traffic...

Thanks for info,

aj
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

The wife and I live in Bonita and use Canal all the time when down to go back and forth to LSL and traffic has never been an issue. We believe the main reason is that on Canal you have the security gates to go through and on Morse & Buena Vista you do not.

Army Guy
Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 PM

Good point about the gates, forgot about that.

Thanks,

aj
Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 PM

I think the only traffic you will encounter on your golf cart, will be at the tunnel under Stillwater Trail. All the golf carts from the Buena Vista cart paths converge there.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
Never had a problem with traffic in Virginia Trace. It's a great location.

(Of course as fate would have it I also spent the majority of my life in Southern California - and you haven't seen traffic until you've experienced the "orange crush".)
Isn't this funny... 2 responses from Southern Californians The Villages Florida who think a 10 min wait to get across the street is HEAVEN!!! LOL. Poor AJ, glad he got better responses... Yes, I remember the Orange crush... OMG, glad its in my past..The Villages Florida

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 10-01-2009, 08:24 AM

Thanks everyone for the fun and good responses. Of course what else would I expect from true TV people.

aj
Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Default Virginia Trace---Is there a walking path to Lake Sumter Landing?

Seems as if I heard that there is a walking path from somewhere in Virginia Trace that allows pedestrains to cross Stillwater and perhaps come out on Old Camp Road somewhere near Canal?? Anyone heard of this?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalie View Post
Seems as if I heard that there is a walking path from somewhere in Virginia Trace that allows pedestrains to cross Stillwater and perhaps come out on Old Camp Road somewhere near Canal?? Anyone heard of this?
There is a separate sidewalk along Canal. After you pass the gate it curves to the West, and there you will find a crosswalk to cross Stillwater Trail. The sidewalk continues and comes out by Sonny's.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM

Your making me jealous!!!

Yesterday we drove the 405 to South Coast Plaza to celebrate our Anniversary. The traffic was hideous. All we talked about was TV and using our golf carts to get around. I'm so there!!

When I tell people we will be moving to TV, they ask, WHY???? Give up Southern CA weather. Instead of explaining that we will be moving to a fabulous community, nice people, no state income tax, no traffic, lower food costs, lower utilities, lower gas prices and I want out of this congested angry place that has glorious weather. I simply say, YES. I don't want to tell anyone from Southern California where I'm going, they may follow and then it will be congested like So CA. I'm giving up the weather for paradise!!!!

See you next year!!!!! I'm going to get a lime green golf cart with spinners. Dang life is good!!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post

Yesterday we drove the 405 to South Coast Plaza to celebrate our Anniversary. The traffic was hideous. All we talked about was TV and using our golf carts to get around. I'm so there!!

When I tell people we will be moving to TV, they ask, WHY???? Give up Southern CA weather. Instead of explaining that we will be moving to a fabulous community, nice people, no state income tax, no traffic, lower food costs, lower utilities, lower gas prices and I want out of this congested angry place that has glorious weather. I simply say, YES. I don't want to tell anyone from Southern California where I'm going, they may follow and then it will be congested like So CA. I'm giving up the weather for paradise!!!!

See you next year!!!!! I'm going to get a lime green golf cart with spinners. Dang life is good!!
Even if you explained what it's like here, people won't believe you. Happy Anniversary! (Mine was on the 16th!)

Ah, the 405...YUCK big time....lol.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post

Better hurry, this place is filling up fast with left side folk.

Plenty of traffic in snowbird season and the utilities seem a little higher to me.
Grass (the green type) cost an arm and a leg every month; in Norcal I watered and cut the grass myself and it probably was 1/10 of what we spend in TV.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.