What happened to the planned dunkin donut at Colony?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2020, 08:56 AM
Karadad Karadad is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 20
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default What happened to the planned dunkin donut at Colony?

Building is now an Aspen Dental. What happened?
  #2  
Old 09-13-2020, 09:11 AM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia Frog and a Snowflake
Posts: 6,801
Thanks: 14
Thanked 567 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Dunkin was sharing the same building, may have changed their mind considering the retail status
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
  #3  
Old 09-13-2020, 09:32 AM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9,975
Thanks: 2,530
Thanked 1,403 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Your lucky they didn't open. If that store ended up being like the one on 441 which is rudderless. Employees don't wear their masks properly. The place is a PigPen. The order is rarely correct. Just terrible.

I am a Coffee Fiend. DunkinDonuts has been my spot for as long as I can remember. This store broke me of the DD habit. Count yourself lucky that they changed their mind and didn't open.
  #4  
Old 09-13-2020, 09:44 AM
kcrazorbackfan's Avatar
kcrazorbackfan kcrazorbackfan is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 2,840
Thanks: 131
Thanked 741 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Hmmm. Drove by yesterday and glanced over toward the building; DD sign is on the front and workers were working on it.
__________________
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.

Last edited by kcrazorbackfan; 09-13-2020 at 09:57 AM.
  #5  
Old 09-13-2020, 09:45 AM
Debfrommaine Debfrommaine is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 2
Thanked 155 Times in 62 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Hmmm. Drive by yesterday and glanced over toward the building; DD sign is on the front and workers were working on it.
Yes, noticed that as well.
  #6  
Old 09-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Mrprez Mrprez is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 92
Thanks: 175
Thanked 149 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Never was a huge DD fan. We had Krispy Kreme where we were from.
  #7  
Old 09-13-2020, 10:19 AM
Dana1963 Dana1963 is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 334
Thanks: 930
Thanked 339 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Your lucky they didn't open. If that store ended up being like the one on 441 which is rudderless. Employees don't wear their masks properly. The place is a PigPen. The order is rarely correct. Just terrible.

I am a Coffee Fiend. DunkinDonuts has been my spot for as long as I can remember. This store broke me of the DD habit. Count yourself lucky that they changed their mind and didn't open.
I agree with you DD in Florida are poorly run 441, 466 and Brownwood, minimal staffing and run out of donuts sometimes by 9am.
  #8  
Old 09-13-2020, 10:20 AM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is online now
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,945
Thanks: 313
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
I agree with you DD in Florida are poorly run 441, 466 and Brownwood, minimal staffing and run out of donuts sometimes by 9am.
Also very limited choices of donuts
  #9  
Old 09-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Nanlob Nanlob is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post
Default

Krispie Kreme would have been wonderful there.
  #10  
Old 09-13-2020, 10:56 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,196
Thanks: 2,909
Thanked 2,477 Times in 906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Never was a huge DD fan. We had Krispy Kreme where we were from.
I LOVE the ones filled with Bavarian Creme and topped with powdered sugar. Is that DD or KK?
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #11  
Old 09-13-2020, 11:08 AM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,238
Thanks: 196
Thanked 1,005 Times in 286 Posts
Default

.
.
Attached Thumbnails
download-31-jpeg  
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
  #12  
Old 09-13-2020, 12:04 PM
FredJacobs FredJacobs is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 38 Times in 19 Posts
Default

For great donuts, forget about DD and KK. Go to Donut King. Their original store is on US 27 in Mineola, a few miles North of US 50. However, about 8 months ago they opened a store on US 27 about 500 feet North of FL 44 in Leesburg. They are open from 5 AM to 9 PM - the Mineola store is open 24/7/365. Want proof of how good they are? Did you ever see anyone leaving Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme carrying boxes of 6 to 8 dozen donuts?
  #13  
Old 09-13-2020, 12:05 PM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is online now
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,945
Thanks: 313
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I LOVE the ones filled with Bavarian Creme and topped with powdered sugar. Is that DD or KK?
Dunkin
  #14  
Old 09-13-2020, 12:25 PM
Jayhawk's Avatar
Jayhawk Jayhawk is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 967
Thanks: 1
Thanked 948 Times in 250 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Dunkin was sharing the same building, may have changed their mind considering the retail status
Just drove past. It is still there.
  #15  
Old 09-13-2020, 12:31 PM
Freehiker Freehiker is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 15
Thanks: 33
Thanked 59 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJacobs View Post
Did you ever see anyone leaving Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme carrying boxes of 6 to 8 dozen donuts?
Yes. All the time.
__________________
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Albus Dumbledore
Reply

Tags
happened, planned, dunkin, donut, colony

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.