What happened to the Political Forum

What happened to the Political Forum

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Sage

Time changes peoples perspective on past practice. Some of what was mentioned today seemed to be on the money. Some of it not so much.

My views were and are very simple and sophomoric and yet my vote was equal to those who had the skill to articulate their thoughts way better than I could ever hope to.

I don't think anybody's mind was ever changed by anybody who was more learned than another. In the end it is a big Zero. At one point I was in favor of bringing the Thread

back in action. Not so much anymore. Enjoy your views and I'll enjoy mine. I watched a very decent man get run off the entire site because he refused to be psychoanalyzed

and criticized repeatedly by unqualified people.

Keep your Memories of the Political Forum, Good or Bad Memories are better than living through all that again. Good move TOTV'S

Old 01-10-2019, 08:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Time changes peoples perspective on past practice. Some of what was mentioned today seemed to be on the money. Some of it not so much.

My views were and are very simple and sophomoric and yet my vote was equal to those who had the skill to articulate their thoughts way better than I could ever hope to.

I don't think anybody's mind was ever changed by anybody who was more learned than another. In the end it is a big Zero. At one point I was in favor of bringing the Thread

back in action. Not so much anymore. Enjoy your views and I'll enjoy mine. I watched a very decent man get run off the entire site because he refused to be psychoanalyzed

and criticized repeatedly by unqualified people.

Keep your Memories of the Political Forum, Good or Bad Memories are better than living through all that again. Good move TOTV'S
Many many more than one good person was driven out of TOTV dues to the political forum.

My memories of the political forum will always date back to the beginning. If you knew some of the reasons posters used to repel other posters for, no matter whether the agree "politically" or not, you would be shocked. So minor compared to the last go-round (improper link, not sufficient data, etc.)

Different world now, I support TOTV and the move.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Many many more than one good person was driven out of TOTV dues to the political forum.

My memories of the political forum will always date back to the beginning. If you knew some of the reasons posters used to repel other posters for, no matter whether the agree "politically" or not, you would be shocked. So minor compared to the last go-round (improper link, not sufficient data, etc.)

Different world now, I support TOTV and the move.
I hear you and I understand and like hearing the point of view of the real pioneers of this operation. Like you I know of more than one person who bailed out. The one I spoke of offered me the funds to actually make the move down here when it appeared my sale in N.J. was going south. Of course, I declined but it is just amazing that someone would make an offer like that. Once in a lifetime and then see that person get ripped to shreds on here. I don't think that's what was intended when this Thread was started. A real shame. Bravo for someone having the guts to stop the random beatings. Not an easy business decision I'm sure but it turned out to be pure Gold.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:28 PM
TOTV Moderator

The political forum was shut down because the discussions rarely remained substantive and often became personal, vicious, and racist. Some of this vitriol spilled over into the main forum. For the sake of civility and providing a safe, friendly place to discuss life in the Villages and other general interest topics, political and partisan topics are prohibited on TOTV.

Closed Thread

Tags
forum, political, find, removed, happened