What is Happening?

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts
Default What is Happening?

Just came back from Publix.....several parking spaces outside, plenty of carts inside, found everything I was looking for, aisles were navigable and there were 6 packs of 2ply toilet paper (4 rolls per pack) on the shelves. It all seemed so normal

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-15-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Just came back from Publix.....several parking spaces outside, plenty of carts inside, found everything I was looking for, aisles were navigable and there were 6 packs of 2ply toilet paper (4 rolls per pack) on the shelves. It all seemed so normal
Great news! Now let's all rush out and do it again. Save some for me.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:39 PM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-16-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I was in the Southern Trace Publix today at 11 and the only meat left on the shelves was steak. No chicken, pork, no eggs, no antibacterial dishwashing liquid, no bread,
and forget about toilet paper. Which Publix did you go to?
Old 03-15-2020, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy327 View Post
I was in the Southern Trace Publix today at 11 and the only meat left on the shelves was steak. No chicken, pork, no eggs, no antibacterial dishwashing liquid, no bread,
and forget about toilet paper. Which Publix did you go to?
Was at GrandTraverse....also drove through Brownwood to get there and there were folks at the outside seating at City Fire, WOB and Ricccardi's plus folks walking around and window shopping. Too Jays also looked busy. I picked up a couple steaks to grill tonight and they had chicken, pork, eggs and bread. Don't know about antibacterial dishwashing liqued. Custom Cuts not available, only prepacked meats. It was an enjoyable trip to Publix.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-15-2020, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Same here, Publix on Bichara was the pleasure it normally is. No change whatsoever. Everyone, employees and customers inside the store were as pleasant as ever.

Like our kids would say, Publix is the Bomb! That means its the bestest!

If anything happens to me with this situation we are facing let it be known The Villages, TOTV'S, Our Friends and this Entire Experience has been a Hell of a Way to live for the last 4 years. I wouldn't change a thing, even the hard times with the weather and the little foul ups bleeps and blunders just makes the good times even sweeter! Take Care You All! Use your heads for more than a hatrack!

If you want some free entertainment since the squares are closed park in front of Publix and watch the inhumanity to man and women that occurs for apparently no good reason other than everyone want to be first. Calm down and cut somebody a break. You may walk slow someday. Karma is a, Well you know!

P.S. I'm willing to trade some Toilet Paper, Scotts for a few Store Bought Big Bottles of Hand Sanitizer. Its the only thing I missed the Damn Sanitizer. The great news is I've been washing my hands so much I have No Fingerprints Anymore!
Old 03-16-2020, 05:29 AM

They probably restocked. I experienced the same thing yesterday in the Midwest. Shelves were completely empty Saturday but yesterday all seemed normal. And then the Governor closed bars and restaurants in the entire state. This is far from normal. Please take care everyone!
Old 03-16-2020, 05:34 AM

God help us all.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:25 AM
Default Publix

We were at Grand Traverse Publix Sunday about 1pm and alll seemed pretty normal with all checkouts open. Just some noticeable empty shelves regarding toilet paper but all else seemed normal and pleasantly well stocked.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:48 AM
Veteran member
Default hand sanitizer

I'm willing to trade some Toilet Paper, Scotts for a few Store Bought Big Bottles of Hand Sanitizer. Its the only thing I missed the Damn Sanitizer. The great news is I've been washing my hands so much I have No Fingerprints Anymore![/QUOTE]

You can make your own hand sanitizer for about $1.50. Just buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol 91%. Pour some in a small container and add a little hand lotion, shake it up and you have your hand sanitizer. I checked with a pharmacist at Publix and he said this works fine as long as it contains 60% alcohol.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:56 AM

And then you woke up?
Old 03-16-2020, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I'm willing to trade some Toilet Paper, Scotts for a few Store Bought Big Bottles of Hand Sanitizer. Its the only thing I missed the Damn Sanitizer. The great news is I've been washing my hands so much I have No Fingerprints Anymore!
You can make your own hand sanitizer for about $1.50. Just buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol 91%. Pour some in a small container and add a little hand lotion, shake it up and you have your hand sanitizer. I checked with a pharmacist at Publix and he said this works fine as long as it contains 60% alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding alcohol 91%..................................
Old 03-16-2020, 11:03 AM

The liquor store at Publix opens at 9a. Vodka et al
Old 03-16-2020, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,706 Posts

If you can’t get high enough proof liquor to be effective just drink it and then you won’t worry about the whole thing.

I have been washing my hands with soap so often my skin is cracking. Now I use rubber gloves for most things, but not greeting people, leave soap on the rubber gloves or wash them, and my hands are no longer red.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
I picked up a couple steaks to grill tonight and they had chicken, pork, eggs and bread.

Medium rare for me.

Tags
packs, 2ply, toilet, paper, rolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.