What is Happening?

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Just got back from Publix-Spanish Plaines. No Clorox Bleach, almost no eggs. Bread seemed a bit low. A few paper plates left, no TP or paper towels, not that we needed any. (I still think that’s very odd; what’s with the run on TP?)

Everything else seemed to be stocked.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

I heard gin kills the virus.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Everclear is not only great for making perfumes, it's also great for making hand sanitizers. This is the stuff your frat-boy pal used to spike the watermelon at his parties. Cut a small plug out of the top of the watermelon, and with a turkey baster, inject 8 ounces of everclear into the watermelon. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. The next morning, use the juice to make spiked punch, and put chunks of the watermelon into a fruit bowl with toothpicks for your guests.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:00 PM

Publix is great. Went to Sam's this morning (not for TP) and they had been some disinfect wipes but were gone. I saw a couple of people who had two give one to other people. Super, we can share and be civil. Line were really long so used scan and go. Lets look out for other people also.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Walmart on 441 had everything I went in there for. But they were almost out of canned tuna - only had a dozen large cans of chunk light left and one can of chunk white (which I bought). Though they had plenty of water in the 24-bottle packs (or is it 28? Whatever), they only had distilled for the gallon jugs. Except this ONE jug of Zephyr Hills, which I bought. Grabbed a loaf of bread while I was there, since the pre-packaged stuff will be fine in the fridge for a week.

If bread-buying is still a problem after next week, I'll make some. I bought a 3-envelope package of yeast so I'm good to go for another couple weeks after I run out of the packaged stuff.

An up-side for all this insanity: I plan on cooking again, something I'd wanted to get back into and just kept putting it off.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:24 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

More importantly...has shooters world run out of ammo yet?
Old 03-16-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Walmart on 441 had everything I went in there for. But they were almost out of canned tuna - only had a dozen large cans of chunk light left and one can of chunk white (which I bought). Though they had plenty of water in the 24-bottle packs (or is it 28? Whatever), they only had distilled for the gallon jugs. Except this ONE jug of Zephyr Hills, which I bought. Grabbed a loaf of bread while I was there, since the pre-packaged stuff will be fine in the fridge for a week.

If bread-buying is still a problem after next week, I'll make some. I bought a 3-envelope package of yeast so I'm good to go for another couple weeks after I run out of the packaged stuff.

An up-side for all this insanity: I plan on cooking again, something I'd wanted to get back into and just kept putting it off.

Why buy water? The water will still be running from the faucets.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Platinum member

I was at Colony today and the produce was pretty empty.
No meat or chicken except steak.
No paper napkins, toilet paper or tissues.
Bread was almost empty.

I had to pick up a prescription so didn’t really need anything.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Why buy water? The water will still be running from the faucets.

Yeah, but, drinking too much tap water from here...might require even more toilet paper.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

was at Grand Traverse Publix around 3 pm. No salads, celery, bell peppers. Veggie isle pretty scant. No eggs, almond milk, napkins, paper towel, toilet paper, etc. Isles empty of many things. Place was a mess.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

It's called refilling the supply chain.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Was at GrandTraverse....also drove through Brownwood to get there and there were folks at the outside seating at City Fire, WOB and Ricccardi's plus folks walking around and window shopping. Too Jays also looked busy. I picked up a couple steaks to grill tonight and they had chicken, pork, eggs and bread. Don't know about antibacterial dishwashing liqued. Custom Cuts not available, only prepacked meats. It was an enjoyable trip to Publix.
At Publix Grand Traverse yesterday, the entire paper aisle was empty. No kleenex, paper towels, napkins, toilet paper. We only needed napkins. Oh well.

Why won't they custom-cut deli meats? That whole case was empty. The employees use gloves.

Tags
packs, 2ply, toilet, paper, rolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.