What Happens at Build-Out?

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Does anyone actually believe that "buildout" will actually happen? Do you really think that the Morse family will stop buying property in this area and stop building?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Sage

Check out the TV Commercial Property website, and the illustrations linked in Figures 1, 2 and 3.

I doubt the developers will walk away from a market like this that they've worked so hard to form.....

thevillagescommercialproperty.com/the-villages-market.asp

(It wouldn't allow me to make a clickable link....you'll have to add www. to it)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Check out the TV Commercial Property website, and the illustrations linked in Figures 1, 2 and 3.

I doubt the developers will walk away from a market like this that they've worked so hard to form.....

thevillagescommercialproperty.com/the-villages-market.asp

(It wouldn't allow me to make a clickable link....you'll have to add www. to it)
This'll get you there:

The Villages Commercial Property

Bill
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Does anyone actually believe that "buildout" will actually happen? Do you really think that the Morse family will stop buying property in this area and stop building?
I think that they will stop building houses. My husband does not.

They have made enough money to last them for generations, but I think they would have to have huge pride in what they created. I know when I left my job I hoped that the person who took my place would continue what I thought I had built. My husband feels the same way.

The Morse family has been hugely successful but it certainly has not been all luck. You have to keep all the balls in the air and the pressure and tension and gambling with all you have earned time and time again to get to t his point and the millions of details that must be maintained to run a place so well.......and well, I just believe they won't let it die.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-02-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: comments directed at members
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 PM

I'm thinking that they will eventually build homes on the huge tract of land that they presently reside on. They could build themselves even bigger homes a few miles away, and build a few thousand homes right in the middle of TV.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel View Post
I'm thinking that they will eventually build homes on the huge tract of land that they presently reside on. They could build themselves even bigger homes a few miles away, and build a few thousand homes right in the middle of TV.
THAT is entirely possible Jim, and if they do, we might build again.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel View Post
Seems logical to me.

Last edited by mrfixit; 04-02-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
I saw 987 acres for sale on 466A just down the road from the Colony Shopping Center. Appears there is additional land available if the developer is willing to pay the price.
That is just it. Paying the huge price that individuals want for adjacent land that they have held onto for just that reason.

The current success...for him, for us, for the contractors is keeping the price of the homes fairly consistent with what they have been is based on the low cost of land.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-02-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Sage

The question......"What happens at build out?" is kinda like..

What happens if your daughter marries that guy?

What happens as you grow older?

What happens when your grandkids grow up?

What happens if you can't drive so hot?

What happens if the North Koreans really can do it?

What happens if that little cancer cell that has laid dormant all these years wants to wake up and raise hell?

You have this day to live, so squeeze the juice out of it. Carpe Diem big time.

We ALL have fewer days ahead then we had behind.

Today is the day to laugh and to enjoy the sweetness and dance and draw and golf and run and see all of the beautiful flowers and maybe do some secret nice thing. TODAY is where it is.

It will be a beautiful day in The Villages.

Feel this hug.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Good post GG..I think of the build out as ...when you first find out that you are going to have a baby....you wait for many months and then the big event happens.....Its just a wait and see what life has brought you
Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Sales of the miscellaneous out-lots around The Villages properties may not be a profitable as one might think. The Villages water and sewer systems are the only ones around, except in the city limits of Wildwood and Lady Lake. Buy one of the out-lot properties and you build your own infrastructure. The developer is under no obligation to patch you in to his, and, in fact, has refused to do so in the past. This has happened several times along HY 466, and the developer eventually takes over the land (through purchase) and the commercial development takes place as orginally intended by an outsider.

I believe that eventually the polo fields and farm/ranch areas along HY 466 will be developed with more houses. I only hope that the appropriate ratio of homes/amenities is maintained and that 500 or 600 more homes aren't tossed on top of what already exists, as was done with the Villas of Mission Hills development.

Last edited by Jim 9922; 04-02-2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

What happens if that little cancer cell that has laid dormant all these years wants to wake up and raise hell?

Today is the day to laugh and to enjoy the sweetness and dance and draw and golf and run and see all of the beautiful flowers and maybe do some secret nice thing. TODAY is where it is.

Feel this hug.
Great post Gracie. Thanks
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
What I have heard was that Lake County would not allow CDDs to be formed. Don't know if this is true or not, but it seems plausible.
In the past I have read something and I do not remember if it was here at TOTV or in a newspaper or where..but the jist of it was that Lake county government was not anywhere near as welcoming to Morse Industries as Sumter county has been, and they were not very interested in "accomodating" the growth of TV.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Feel this hug.
Live for today..for tomorrow we die??
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
This topic was brought up in another thread (probably more that I simply haven't run across), and I think it is a fair question. I don't have any particular concern, but I can see how things would change, since the developer would no longer have the same interest...that of selling new homes.

If this topic has already been discussed, feel free to point me to those threads. But I'm just curious how the future is envisioned...will there still be nightly entertainment? Maintained recreation centers? Etc. Etc.? All the good stuff that TV is famous and loved for?
a puff of smoke and the world as we know it disappears....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.