Buffalo are gone!

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Default Buffalo are gone!

>
It is a sad day in the villages, yesterday I saw them take the buffalo out of Sumter and also Parr Dr. We villager's are loosing what is rightfully ours because of a few who don't follow the rules and common sense!

What will be next?

Mr S. must be rolling in his grave! :'(
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Sage
Default Re: Buffalo are gone!

Carolyn, I agree that is sad. I'm not so sure of what made them "rightfully ours", however.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:20 PM

Mr Swartz, the "founding father" of the villages got them orginally I think from Mich. and put them here for the villagers to enjoy and (I am sure some sort of tax right off too.)
Old 05-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Eternal Member
Default Buffalo ~ & yesterday's thread ~ are gone!

While the animals might be gone (I've not been by the fields to verify), so is the entire thread from the last fews days reflecting someone's rage and overreaction against anyone unfortunate enough to be standing closer to the fences than she thought prudent. Also deleted were the intelligent comments recommending prudence and a more reasonable, instructive approach to people viewing the buffalo.

How come? While the conversation/monologue did get testy at times, it was nothing compared to the diatribes in the "Politics" forum, especially when someone dares to disagree with Larry, Moe, and Shemp or one of their acolytes. And the horse was pretty much out of the barn. Most anything that would be said was already out there. Nothing new was coming. Was deleting the thread an attempt to clean up the archives, to make it appear that we don't have familial conflict? Is mom coming to visit and we want to look good for her?

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 05-30-2008, 06:04 PM
JohnnyM

Stand tall Muncle.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Someone deleted the whole " I am soooo mad" thread?

Is big brother here?

Is this 1984?

Are we being sold to someone?

Why can we talk about some things and not others?

I haven't even got around to asking about all that hype some years ago about sexually transmitted diseases being quite rampant in TV! >
Old 05-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT
Default Re: Buffalo ~ & yesterday's thread ~ are gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
While the animals might be gone (I've not been by the fields to verify), so is the entire thread from the last fews days reflecting someone's rage and overreaction against anyone unfortunate enough to be standing closer to the fences than she thought prudent. Also deleted were the intelligent comments recommending prudence and a more reasonable, instructive approach to people viewing the buffalo.

How come? While the conversation/monologue did get testy at times, it was nothing compared to the diatribes in the "Politics" forum, especially when someone dares to disagree with Larry, Moe, and Shemp or one of their acolytes. And the horse was pretty much out of the barn. Most anything that would be said was already out there. Nothing new was coming. Was deleting the thread an attempt to clean up the archives, to make it appear that we don't have familial conflict? Is mom coming to visit and we want to look good for her?

Don't know who took the thread off, but, before we start blaming Big Brother, remember, that the person who originally started the thread, can remove it at any time. I remove mine when I get the answers I am looking for. We don't know who removed it, actually, do we? If you DO know that admins removed it, please let us know, so we can complain, also, knowing the facts.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
Someone deleted the whole " I am soooo mad" thread?

Is big brother here?

Is this 1984?

Are we being sold to someone?

Why can we talk about some things and not others?

I haven't even got around to asking about all that hype some years ago about sexually transmitted diseases being quite rampant in TV! >
Don't know who took the thread off, but, before we start blaming Big Brother, remember, that the person who originally started the thread, can remove it at any time. I remove mine when I get the answers I am looking for. We don't know who removed it, actually, do we? If you DO know that admins removed it, please let us know, so we can complain, also, knowing the facts.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage

I think that bears repeating. ;D
Old 05-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
I think that bears repeating. ;D

Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
Yes, the originator can remove the entire topic, regardless of how many other comments have been submitted. I REALLY don't like that. However, so can the administrator. I'd like to know who did it in this case and possibly why. I find it difficult to believe that the originator has come to her senses.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just curious..I have been following the problem with the Buffalo but where did they move them to? In the past the Buffalo were routinely moved from pasture to pasture...are we certain this move was any different??
Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline
Just curious..I have been following the problem with the Buffalo but where did they move them to? In the past the Buffalo were routinely moved from pasture to pasture...are we certain this move was any different??
Did the Buffalo roam?, or did the thread roam?, or did we all shuffle off the buffalo?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:45 PM
JohnnyM

You know graciegirl I am starting to enjoy your sense of humor :bigthumbsup:
Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:

Okay

Yes, the originator can remove the entire topic, regardless of how many other comments have been submitted. I REALLY don't like that. However, so can the administrator. I'd like to know who did it in this case and possibly why. I find it difficult to believe that the originator has come to her senses.
You said this earlier. "especially when someone dares to disagree with Larry, Moe, and Shemp or one of their acolytes." Now, someone is disagreeing with you, so you find a need to be condescending? you said this. "I find it difficult to believe that the originator has come to her senses." Sounds like you are upset someone hasn't come to 'YOUR" senses. And, if someone starts a topic/thread, of COURSE they have a right to take it off, whether you like it or not!! If someone removes something, and you have more to say about it, just start it again, instead of putting people down.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Sage

Quote:

Okay

I had a wonderful day out with the nice people of TV and look what I come home to find. FYI - I pulled the thread, so there is no need to call the administrators "Big Brother". They had nothing to do it with it.

I posted a personal experience as a way to vent MY frustration, but I should have known better. I appreciate that 98% of the responses were positive and for that I am thankful.
But I found a few were becoming very nasty and hateful, not only to me, but to each other. And to what end? This is not a political issue and was not posted in the political forum, where yes, people should expect these kinds of responses.

So, mystery solved. I pulled it myself. Did I come to my senses? I would do the same thing all over again. No apologies. I do expect an apology from Muncle when he told me to F :edit: off and die. His words, not mine.

Do I care if you like whether I pulled the thread Muncle? Not in the least. And for future reference, if I were you, just a suggestion, I'd stay far away from me. ;D Have a nice day happy TV'ers!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.