What if we don't like The Villages sales rep "assigned" to us..

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts
Default What if we don't like The Villages sales rep "assigned" to us..

when we visited, he was ~ok~, but talked and never listened, didn't show a resale though we asked in advance, gave us little focus and time, and my spouse (the one to please) just didn't relate to this kid (young man, actually).

I'm planning to request a different TV realtor, has anyone done this, or know someone.
Hate to hurt his feelings but this isn't gonna work. Thanks for sharing
Old 01-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage
Default Re: What if we don't like The Villages sales rep "assigned" to us..

You can absolutely ask for another Rep, people do it all the time! BTW, they are paid more commission to sell new, than to sell resales. It is their "mandate" to show you new homes first, even if you've requested resales.

We didn't want new, they showed us new, we looked at several. We then told them we only wanted to look at resales, no problem at all. They showed us lot of resales.

Also be sure you ask if there is a bond and add it to the sales price. So you can compare apples to apples.

But we bought through MLS, not VLS.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Eternal Member

I wouldn't worry a bit about asking for another. Sometimes the chemistry isn't right. You don't have to make it a reflection on the young man at all, just tell whoever's in charge you want someone new because you don't click with the one you got by luck of the draw. You're the one who needs to be happy.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

thanks for the tips, and we plan to look at MLS resales too, we'll cover the gamut
Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We used Susan Berman and recommend her highly.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Veteran member

We switched a year ago and were assigned John Stamper.* John is an excellent listener, soft-spoken, very professional, and has been very responsive with our questions.* I recommend him highly.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Eternal Member

I'll plug my agent too - Dexter Mayworm. He really did a great job. He works with his wife and daughter and they are terrific. He's very laid back, and will show you what you want to see.
He's on one of the commercials running on TV channel too (not that that matters much).
Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM

I'll plug my Villages agent, as well. Karen Scarbrough was a good listener, not pushy, and often said that she wanted us to find the perfect house. We were open to used or new, but picked new because of the price and location. When the right house came on the market, she immediately put a hold on it for us, because she knew we were arriving that day. If she hadn't, I know it would have been sold right away, because of the great view.

I'm sure that the agents are used to people switching if it doesn't work out. You need to feel comfortable with your agent. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Veteran member

We had an excellent Sales Rep, Debra Park. We initially were on a 3 day preview but quickly realized we would need more time and extended to 6 days. After looking at Courtyard Homes (which is what we were sure we wanted) for a day we realized that was not the home for us. We explained this to Debra and told her we had decided we would like to look at Designer and Ranch homes. She showed us several pre-owned and new homes. We then narrowed it down even more and told her we were only interested in buying if we could find a home that backed up to a fence or courtyard wall. We met with her the next day and she showed us several homes that backed up to fences. We found the home we wanted and closed the deal. Having been a Realtor in Florida several years ago I was really pleased that she listened to our request and made the experience enjoyable. We highly recommend Debra and believe you will be pleased with the service she provides. Communication is the most important part of a relationship remember they are not mind readers you must make your requirements and desires clear the more information you provide the better.
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 PM

I had no problem requesting someone new the guy I had just didnot communicate well.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to BethS Send a message via Yahoo to BethS

I found that when we were looking in TV for a place that the reps were very laid back, not pushy, either you want the place or you don't. But that was 2 years ago when real estate was good. There was always someone ready and willing to buy a place at that time. I met a nice realtor, Donna Fenster, I ended up buying a for sale by owner so didn't use her but since have known many people that have and she is great. Also, I see her picture in the paper quite often for top sales. Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:24 AM

Ask for Bobby Gulati. He will show you new and existing that have to do with your likes. He'll spend a lot of time with you and research the h_ll out of the houses for you.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Write a letter to Jennifer Parr. Tell her you don't like your sales agent (they are NOT Realtors). Someone will call you and make it right with a new sales person. We've heard they are getting pretty agressive now with fewer buyers around.

mm
Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Veteran member

Well I guess I'll throw a name in too. Michele Halloy has worked with us and shown us both new and resales and does not try to push us in any direction other than to properties that would please us and no one else i.e. TV management. She may not belong to the National Association of Realtors, (I don't know if she does or doesn't) but she is more professional and knowledgeable than any of the Realtors we've worked with in the past and there have been many. She's a delight to work with.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:43 PM

The sales people in the Properties of the Villages are only sales reps, not fully licensed real estate agents. The term "Realtor" is a trademark of an association of real estate firms that follow a strict code of ethics. None of TV sales people can be referred to as Realtors.

mm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.