What kinds of flags ARE allowed?

What kinds of flags ARE allowed?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 03:31 PM

Perhaps the "real" question is, do our rules and regs have jurisdiction over "air space???"

Old 07-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Perhaps the "real" question is, do our rules and regs have jurisdiction over "air space???"
Maybe the question is ...... do they have ARC approval for a flag pole?
Old 07-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
There is no officially-recognized flag of Donald Trump. HIS (personal, non-officially-recognized) flag doesn't fly from the White House or any other federal building.
f his personal non-officially recognized flag is allowed to fly on the same flagpole as the actual federally-recognized Stars and Stripes, then, by extension, any non-officially recognized flag should be allowed to fly on the same flagpole. So a rainbow flag, or a kitten flag, or a summer flag, or a Chairman Mao flag, or a Mussolini flag, or a Jazuela flag, or a Gary Morse flag.
I understand that but I am talking about flowers. So then I can have flower flags? I am not talking about ON A POLE WITH US FLAG. I mean by itself attached to my garage. C.S. says NO and C.S. says YES when I ask about a flag with summer flowers on it. I should have asked about a Gary Morse or a Pussy Cat flag. CS says 2 different things on 2 different days. On one call they say NO and on another they say YES because of Florida rule (or statute) 190. If this person can have 2 Goofy flags why can't I have 2 Flower or 2 Bunny Wabbit flags?

Example photo here (NOT my house but one nearby). I just want to hang 2 flags with flowers in the same way as this house hangs Goofy flags.

img_1611-jpg

Last edited by EdFNJ; 07-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I

Example photo here (NOT my house but one nearby). I just want to hang 2 flags with flowers in the same way as this house hangs Goofy flags.

Attachment 80135
Picture looks photoshopped to me.
Steve
Old 07-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Picture looks photoshopped to me.
Steve
Really? C'mon now. LOL. Very observant! If I knew how to use Photoshop you'd never be able to tell I used it. The original flags were of 2 nude Sandhill cranes but I didn't want to embarrass anyone for NSFW!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:48 AM
TOTV Moderator

OP asked a sincere question about Community Standards policies on flying flags (other than US Flag).

A number of accusatory and off topic (hedging towards political) posts have been removed.

Please stay on topic.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:56 AM
Platinum member

Taking the bait

Section 720.304 (2)(a) of the Florida code , essentially supersedes community rules and allows for the erection of one flag pole of not more than 20' on which one may display an American Flag of not more than 4.5 x 6 feet. and one Florida State flag of the same or smaller size , or one flag of a US military services of similar size. The law does not supersede any other pertinent law rule or regulation preventing flags or signs. No preemption for Trump, Orioles , Ohio State, Mickey Mouse or any other. I contend that flags are really another form of sign and unless they fall under the protection of the cited Florida stature, they are in violation of what ever sign rules may exist and should be removed .
Old 07-12-2019, 06:31 AM
Platinum member

I see a lot of flags from other states and POW/MIA black flags. I wonder if these are OK?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-12-2019, 06:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I see a lot of flags from other states and POW/MIA black flags. I wonder if these are OK?
POW MIA yes Other states not mentioned as permissible in Florida Statute.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Taking the bait

Section 720.304 (2)(a) of the Florida code , essentially supersedes community rules and allows for the erection of one flag pole of not more than 20' on which one may display an American Flag of not more than 4.5 x 6 feet. and one Florida State flag of the same or smaller size , or one flag of a US military services of similar size. The law does not supersede any other pertinent law rule or regulation preventing flags or signs. No preemption for Trump, Orioles , Ohio State, Mickey Mouse or any other. I contend that flags are really another form of sign and unless they fall under the protection of the cited Florida stature, they are in violation of what ever sign rules may exist and should be removed .
That's how I read it as well but there seems to be some confusion with the C.S. dept because they allow that Goofy flag to fly but not my wife's "Welcome to Summer" Hallmark flag and about 20 others we "imported" from up north. Maybe it's "selective enforcement" as this is a very Disney-centric area.
Closed Thread

Tags
flags, permitted, stripes, statutes, read