What is a Maintenance assessment?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Posts like those in #6 demonstrate ignorance of the facts, and so misinform residents, that they are irresponsible. Creating doubt by misinformation seems to flourish on electronic social media. Those who state facts in their posts often cite references and attribute their comments. Skepticism can be a valuable attribute in this world.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Don't Understand

I really don't understand !! Why is asking a question ignorant. I was raised and educated that no question is ignorant. Only answers. I am pretty old and have lived by this rule and will continue. I only hope that we never stop asking question and that as an intelligent society we never lose that attribute. I remember a Professor once teaching that nothing is a better complement than when someone is accused of being "childlike and being curious". What a great compliment to be compared to a child's curious mind. There ARE NO BAD QUESTIONS, ONLY ANSWERS. We should be ashamed to ever challenge somone asking a question. I asked if the Park was charged to an account other than Amenities. That is a valid question. Trying to intimidate for asking the question is unfortunate.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I really don't understand !! Why is asking a question ignorant. I was raised and educated that no question is ignorant. Only answers. I am pretty old and have lived by this rule and will continue. I only hope that we never stop asking question and that as an intelligent society we never lose that attribute. I remember a Professor once teaching that nothing is a better complement than when someone is accused of being "childlike and being curious". What a great compliment to be compared to a child's curious mind. There ARE NO BAD QUESTIONS, ONLY ANSWERS. We should be ashamed to ever challenge somone asking a question. I asked if the Park was charged to an account other than Amenities. That is a valid question. Trying to intimidate for asking the question is unfortunate.
Your question was only the last sentence of a paragraph filled with pejorative remarks about the developer , that are not supported by any facts that you allude to. Ask your questions, get valid information , then offer your opinions with some modicum of factual support. Note: I have never met the developer ,nor "the Family", nor worked for any entity in the Villages.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Could it be you are asking the wrong audience?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Your question concerning the funding of the park area in question is valid and has been answered to the extent possible in this forum with the available information - it is and has been since 2003 property of the SLCDD and was not included in the 2016 amenities purchase therefore any improvements would have been funded by either the SLCDD or the PWF, either of which would have been appropriate as it is was not an amenity and would not have come out of the amenities budget. If you want additional information you would need to come to a CDD or PWAC meeting and ask the questions or contact the District Clerk for additional information.

This parcel of property is a minor asset and does not rise to the level of requiring additional attention in any budget item. Its genesis is of significance only for historical purposes and warrants little attention or notice. Is all of this information available, it absolutely is. Is it going to be engraved on a brass plaque and put on display at the entrance to ensure everyone knows its entire history, doubtful and unnecessary.

Your original and subsequent statements all suppose some level of malfeasance because you don't know how this was funded and therefor it must have been some sort of underhanded dealings. It is this supposition that you have put forth that I and others have issue with, not the park question.

I believe that I have been factual, civil, and non-derogatory in responding to you. If you want to discuss the budgets, expenditures, or any other governmental topics I will be more than happy to meet with you and discuss them, as for the park issue, I believe the question has been answered to the extent anyone can at this point.

Don Wiley
CDD-10 Supervisor/PWAC member
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

We need to keep this discussion on topic before it is closed by the moderators.

The maintenance assessments are an important topic here in The Villages and unfortunately many if not most either do not understand or are misinformed about them.

There are a lot of scare tactics, intentional omissions of information, and in some cases misinformation being used by some to further their own agenda. It is unfortunate that this is happening.

The information to understand this as well as the bond and amenities fees are all publicly available from reliable sources as well as from your District Supervisors, public meetings, and District Staff. Please use them.

If we take the time to see what we get for our combined maintenance and amenities fees of about $2371 a year - average maintenance fee is $511 and the maximum amenities fee of $155x12 or $1860 - Our package is substantially greater than almost any other you will find. No it doesn't include cable or lawn service (what a nightmare that would be to manage) that some HOAs do, but for less than $200/month it is pretty good and makes for a great community. It does not suffer for the political infighting that afflict many HOAs and we have the protection of state regulation and oversight of the governmental bodies responsible.

The biggest enemy to our system is misinformation and ignorance, both of are easily combated with just a little effort by the individual.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 05-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
We need to keep this discussion on topic before it is closed by the moderators.

The maintenance assessments are an important topic here in The Villages and unfortunately many if not most either do not understand or are misinformed about them.

There are a lot of scare tactics, intentional omissions of information, and in some cases misinformation being used by some to further their own agenda. It is unfortunate that this is happening.

The information to understand this as well as the bond and amenities fees are all publicly available from reliable sources as well as from your District Supervisors, public meetings, and District Staff. Please use them.

If we take the time to see what we get for our combined maintenance and amenities fees of about $2371 a year - average maintenance fee is $511 and the maximum amenities fee of $155x12 or $1860 - Our package is substantially greater than almost any other you will find. No it doesn't include cable or lawn service (what a nightmare that would be to manage) that some HOAs do, but for less than $200/month it is pretty good and makes for a great community. It does not suffer for the political infighting that afflict many HOAs and we have the protection of state regulation and oversight of the governmental bodies responsible.

The biggest enemy to our system is misinformation and ignorance, both of are easily combated with just a little effort by the individual.
The voice of Fact and Reason-- drats
Old 05-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question To Old to spend time on Games.

I am not going to wast time on a discussion that is playing games. A simple question regarding the funding of a park has led to some pretty lengthy invested time that seems out of proportion to the question. Most of the responses were targeted to avoiding the answer and at least in one case an attempt to get rid of it by having he Moderator remove the question. And, also in one case a final response that it was not funded by the Amenities. What a shame as confusing the facts is as bad as hiding it. See note that said yes it was not billed to the "fun" but rather the maintenance category and then move on with life. OK, I agree kill the Thread and move on as it has been made a game and therefore a wast of time. This was not meant to imply the Controller or whoever was doing anything intentional. It was to point out that accounts are important to charging and accountabililty metholology.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

“The maintenance assessments are an important topic here in The Villages and unfortunately many if not most either do not understand or are misinformed about them.”

I have been following this thread and it has been very informative. It was an excellent question. I would not have thought to ask myself. Your clear answers let me think that I understand the available information on the park, and how it has been funded, to my satisfaction even if I am a total newbie to the process.
Don, thank you for your patience. And your many sided approaches to the question.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
The voice of Fact and Reason-- drats
It's a darn shame, idn't it... ruining a perfectly good rant.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:40 PM
Smile Got it now thanks

I now understand what the Maintenance fee is for. Thanks for the explanation of the difference between Maintenance fee ,Bond and amenity fee. Sorry the thread went a little askew.
Closed Thread

Tags
assessment, maintenance, remember, dues, bonds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.