What makes a house sell?????

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

I am looking to purchase a cyv in Duval...please contact me before you list with a realtor...bowlngal@comcast.net
Old 01-26-2020, 02:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to Nordhagen

Have a friend that might be interested.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

What I valued most when I looked for a resale:
1. Walking distance to one of the Town Squares and/or at least one rec center.
2. Open front patio
3. Granite countertops
4. Some updates if more than ten or so years old
5. Clean modern flooring (carpet ok)
6. Clear, quality pictures and lots of them
7. Realistic price
That’s about it. Good question.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Muzzy View Post
We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I
It's those home baked cookies, giggle, snort!
Old 01-26-2020, 06:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

All are great suggestions but You never know what the perfect buyer might want. We were making tandoori chicken and were upset that someone wanted to see the house. Guess what? The buyers were from India and the house smelled like home to them. Several have suggested enclosing the lanai and that might be just what some would want;however, for me that would be a turn off. I love my outdoor lanai. You just never know.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:45 PM

Message me, gracie girl. My text is 216-773-2295

Last edited by Willow&Darla; 01-26-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: changed name
Old 01-26-2020, 08:48 PM
Default The amazing sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Muzzy View Post
We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I
We moved from a 2500 sf home built in '97 in August to a villa down here. Our house sold one day later. Our appliances were the ones we had bought 6 years earlier, but they were top brands. We had all the carpeting removed and wood-like floors put in ALL the rooms (except toilets and bathrooms). We had a fix or two on the roof. We had new screens put on the windows AND a new screen on the bird cage. We had a relatively inexpensive landscaping done for show; we had the entire interior repainted, and, finally, we had the garage floor epoxied. We asked a pretty high price and got it.
Yeah, we worked our buns off for 3 months, every day and night, but it paid off. I was absolutely shocked at the swiftness of the purchase. But, we didn't have any granite counter tops. Granite is going bye-bye anyway, plus it tends to be too porous. AND OH, I almost forgot. We had purchased a home appliance warranty which we DONATED to the newcomers when they bought. Sometimes it takes a lot of small things that grab the prospective buyer.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:59 PM

Some great ideas. Love the minimalistic ones. Want to price it fairly but having a difficult time finding comps with the very large yard and golf view
Old 01-26-2020, 09:14 PM
Platinum member

I wouldn’t put a lot of money into changes.
Everyone has such different taste if you change carpet to wood they may not like the color ( as an example).

Neutral colors are important. Decluttering is a must.
I look at resales and the first thing I notice is just too much STUFF. The worst is every space with something on it. Less is more.

Another important consideration is the view.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Price

Steve
Old 01-26-2020, 10:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here are photos of two different patio villas for rent on Villages 4 Rent website right now. Kitchen view, besides the light fixtures and cabinets, do you see any other big difference? When we bought in 2011 we looked at patio villas and our salesman Tony Trussler, showed us the two models at the time, The Colony and The Cabot Cove. They were making them with and without a vaulted ceiling, it was a $2,000 option. I thought that was the biggest no-brainer ever. Especially in a small home. We ended buying a courtyard villa with vaulted ceilings after looking at them and cottages. I did tell Tony, don't show me anymore homes without a vaulted ceiling.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

We sold our home up north before moving here furnished. We kept many things which might seem insignificant to the buyer, such as pictures, artificial trees and plants. The sort of decorating stuff that gets really expensive to replace. Those items we kept and the buyer didn't really care. However, the big items that are costly to move such as the sofas, dining room sets, bedrooms sets, we left and got $2500 from the buyer additionally. So selling a home furnished can save you in the end, it's much nicer to buy all new after you've made your next move, and the new buyer likes having a turnkey setup when they arrive in The Villages.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

There are lots of variables, but nothing matters more than pricing it right for the market. Some things are in the sellers control like presentation, decluttering, a good cleaning, etc... But many variables such as location, privacy, the neighbors, etc... are out of the sellers control once they decide to own the home. Present it well and price it right and it will sell.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

I am interested in buying a cyv in Duval...please contact me at bowlngal@comcast.net do not do a lot to your home, let me see it first...thanks!
Old 01-27-2020, 09:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by fndrbndr View Post
Location, Location, Location.
And Price
We had 13 new homes over the yrs. most of them in the Lima, OH. area & the biggest issues we ever had was price. A couple of them we sold them for the exact price we paid for them & some people would still walk away. But you’re right, location is a big selling point!
Old 01-27-2020, 10:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuidemab View Post
TV Realtors will wow you with data, but will not sell your 'used' home. Nope - too busy selling the new stuff.

So do your own research on line, advertise (much of it is free) and sell your home at a 'fair price'. That means maybe lower than the professional listers, but you still take more home as you avoid the commission. Then again TV will list it high to please you and then continue to move the price down - down - down.

IF you just do not want to sell by owner, find a nearby but not in TV realtor. Sign a short term contract with YOUR option to extend. You want to be in charge if they do not perform.
TV realtors will push new homes before they’ll push your preowned home. When we sold our sold our home, TV’s we’re selling the same exact designer home that we had for thousands less. Our house finally did sell because these people liked the subdivision we were in. They absolutely didn’t want to buy in Fenney because taxes were higher, amenities were higher & they had to go north of Rt. 44 to do just about anything. Personally I liked Fenney. Right now preowned homes are hard to sell because they’re pushing Fenney, then it’ll be the new area they’re planning!
Closed Thread

Tags
selling, points, furnished, carpet, pretty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.