What makes a house sell?????

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2020, 10:32 AM

Everything will sell at the right PRICE-sold RE for 40 years till this year.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

[QUOTE=Papa Muzzy;1712645]We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I[/QUOTE. You want some selling points on how to sell it, go with an outside realtor. TV realtors will skip right over your home to sell a new one, remember your talking about TV realtors who work for TV to sell new homes. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

[/QUOTE. You want some selling points on how to sell it, go with an outside realtor. TV realtors will skip right over your home to sell a new one, remember your talking about TV realtors who work for TV to sell new homes. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Yes, the prime directive of TV agents is to sell new homes and they are NOT Realtors!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-27-2020, 02:58 PM

The extra upgrades you have added make it sell well! Something functionable about the back yard or a windowed lanai, BBQ Patio in birdcage, and certainly crown molding attracts good buyers! A furnished home is a big sell here no matter what so you have it easy if it’s a turnkey.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Sage

The Villages Real Estate sells more used homes than MLS Realtors.
As a former Real Estate Broker, I would always list with The Villages.
List at a price lower than other CVYs in your area.
If you receive a low offer, you can always sign back at your asking price.
Declutter and cleanliness are VERY, VERY important.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-27-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
All of these are good replies. As a former realtor, I totally agree with the over simplified answer PRICE. A realtor is looking for the best commission. You’re looking for a buyer, as quickly as possible. Trust me, price it right and it WILL sell.
Everyone should just read your comment, you're right on! My sister in law was a realtor in Lima, OH. & she said the exact things you did. She was MULTI MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR REALTOR!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Muzzy View Post
We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I
For us, there is only one thing we consider and that is LOCATION. We purchased a home we were not particularly fond of but the location was GREAT. We knew we could change the interior, but you cannot change much about the exterior!!! Good luck with your sale.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-28-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
I am looking for a cyv in Duval...please message me, I would like to see it before you list it. Thanks...bowlngal@comcast.net
WE have one in Amelia as well!
Closed Thread

Tags
selling, points, furnished, carpet, pretty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.