Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What makes a house sell????? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-makes-house-sell-302149/)

bebemary 01-27-2020 10:32 AM

Everything will sell at the right PRICE-sold RE for 40 years till this year.

OhioBuckeye 01-27-2020 10:38 AM

Ohiobuckeye

[QUOTE=Papa Muzzy;1712645]We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I[/QUOTE. You want some selling points on how to sell it, go with an outside realtor. TV realtors will skip right over your home to sell a new one, remember your talking about TV realtors who work for TV to sell new homes. Good luck!

manaboutown 01-27-2020 01:12 PM

[/QUOTE. You want some selling points on how to sell it, go with an outside realtor. TV realtors will skip right over your home to sell a new one, remember your talking about TV realtors who work for TV to sell new homes. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Yes, the prime directive of TV agents is to sell new homes and they are NOT Realtors!

MEbner2805 01-27-2020 02:58 PM

The extra upgrades you have added make it sell well! Something functionable about the back yard or a windowed lanai, BBQ Patio in birdcage, and certainly crown molding attracts good buyers! A furnished home is a big sell here no matter what so you have it easy if it’s a turnkey.

Barefoot 01-27-2020 03:24 PM

The Villages Real Estate sells more used homes than MLS Realtors.
As a former Real Estate Broker, I would always list with The Villages.
List at a price lower than other CVYs in your area.
If you receive a low offer, you can always sign back at your asking price.
Declutter and cleanliness are VERY, VERY important.

OhioBuckeye 01-28-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deestatham (Post 1712886)
All of these are good replies. As a former realtor, I totally agree with the over simplified answer PRICE. A realtor is looking for the best commission. You’re looking for a buyer, as quickly as possible. Trust me, price it right and it WILL sell.

Everyone should just read your comment, you're right on! My sister in law was a realtor in Lima, OH. & she said the exact things you did. She was MULTI MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR REALTOR!

Madelaine Amee 01-28-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Muzzy (Post 1712645)
We want to put our Courtyard Villa on the market. Realtors all have their own opinions on how to "improve" it's selling points. It has some great selling points already. All new SS appliances. It's in Duval which seems to be selling pretty well still. Comes furnished if wanted, Carpet only in bedrooms etc.....
What are the things you would look for aside from the obvious basic maintenance?
I

For us, there is only one thing we consider and that is LOCATION. We purchased a home we were not particularly fond of but the location was GREAT. We knew we could change the interior, but you cannot change much about the exterior!!! Good luck with your sale.

kbyrne 01-28-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlingal (Post 1712764)
I am looking for a cyv in Duval...please message me, I would like to see it before you list it. Thanks...bowlngal@comcast.net

WE have one in Amelia as well!