What makes us grumpy?

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Sage
Default What makes us grumpy?

Is it just me or has TOTV taken a turn toward the grumpy of late?

At times, the preponderance of posts exude happiness. There are the "welcomes" and the "you're gonna love its" and the "how great is my Kool-aides".

Lately, complaints abound. New posters are actually having second thoughts about TV. They come here looking for wine and roses. They're getting whine and dirty laundry.

Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts on why? Is Old Man Winter getting inside our heads? Is it just my imagination?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Salpal
Smile similar thoughts

I have been a lurker for a very long time. I have thought the same thing lately with some of the negative posts. My two biggest concerns lately from the posts are the fact that I enjoy walking alot and also will need to walk my dog. But I think if I walk on the correct paths, facing traffic and pick up the doggie's business, I will be fine.

I have just crossed some of the comments off to the nasty winter we are having all over the country. I am still a wannabee and hoping to move later this year or early next. The negativity is not enough to dissuade me. I will say that for every negative post, there are many more positive ones. My impression is still that TV is the happiest place on earth, opps, that is Disney, okay the friendliest hometown.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Maybe it will go out like a lamb.

You are right P.Turner! I think the world is down in the mouth, what with earthquakes, (more than usual) and the economy. My dear Aunt Jane said that this time of the year was "suicide weather", people are shut inside with their own thoughts or worse hear what's happening on the news. I think Aunt Jane is right once again because it is chilly and windy and dreary even here in TV right now and all accounts say that it has been unseasonably cold this season.

Our house is having a collective chest cold but I am not so down that I want to share it with my buddies.

Spring will come. If not, we need to do the best we can to think happy, or we will lose this valuable day.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Is it just me or has TOTV taken a turn toward the grumpy of late?

At times, the preponderance of posts exude happiness. There are the "welcomes" and the "you're gonna love its" and the "how great is my Kool-aides".

Lately, complaints abound. New posters are actually having second thoughts about TV. They come here looking for wine and roses. They're getting whine and dirty laundry.

Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts on why? Is Old Man Winter getting inside our heads? Is it just my imagination?
I'm with you, PTurner...been thinking it for a couple of months now. Don't log in as much. It's a real downer to hear all the complaining...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Gold member
Talking

Fear not all you lurkers and potential Villagers.......this is really a very happy place to live and play. Remember nothing is perfect and the grumps of TV...yes we have our share ...have been the vocal ones of late.
In fact, The Villages is a very happy friendly place and my house guests are always amazed at the friendly folks that live here.
So, as Gracie says, don't waste a day on the negative. Live, love, and enjoy....this is the place to do all three.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Platinum member

Yep, I totally agree. I've been wondering why it seemed that so many TOTV folks were so cranky these days. We are fortunate to live in the most incredible place, and (it seems to me that) all anybody does is whine and complain. I can understand the up-northers being grumpy, but a little chilly, rainy, windy weather... OK a LOT of chilly, rainy, windy weather.... shouldn't be enough to make everybody here in The Villages so darned cranky. I think Gracie's Aunt Jane might have been on to something. I also heard (on Dr. Oz?) that a lack of Vitamin D can make people grumpy. Maybe supplements could help?

Meanwhile, the sun was shining today, and we don't have 2 feet of snow and a high of 18 (like Utah), so I will focus on how glad I am to be here, getting my daily 10 minutes of sunshine, and not waste a minute on negativity.
Happily yours,
Judy
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default what makes us grumpy?

I'll tell you what makes us grumpy...being stuck up North Enjoy what you have...many of us are just wishing we could be there
Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Grumpy ???? Take this test

The Bathtub Test

During a visit to the mental asylum, I asked the Director, "how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized."

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

PeeTurner as told to Fumar ....

Not really , I'd have to explain it !!!

Last edited by The Great Fumar; 03-03-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
FUMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hi Fumar,

That little story sounds like one of those Darwin Award things -- although it also sounds like something I might do.

Speaking of Charles Darwin, I have heard that he also had problems with people who let their dogs poop in his yard. But he could never seem to catch them. He was so consumed by this that he ended up devoting most of his life to an elaborate study of ways in which to track down the guilty poopers. You may have heard of the book he wrote about it -- "The Origin of the Feces."

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 03-04-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 AM
Administrator

I don't believe I actually read that.

That was Boomer typing too close to midnight.

She must be stopped.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Veteran member
Default You bring it with you.

Cranks are cranks before they come to the Villages.

Some I assume would lose a bit of their crankness because TV is such an improvement over any other place.

For men who don't lose their grumbles after moving here I suggest a daily testostrone patch.

For women I don't know what to suggest , but maybe threir mood would also improve if their husband got the patch.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi Fumar,

That little story sounds like one of those Darwin Award things -- although it also sounds like something I might do.

Speaking of Charles Darwin, I have heard that he also had problems with people who let their dogs poop in his yard. But he could never seem to catch them. He was so consumed by this that he ended up devoting most of his life to an elaborate study of ways in which to track down the guilty poopers. You may have heard of the book he wrote about it -- "The Origin of the Feces."

Boomer
Boomer, Boomer, Boomer. Just one of the reason I loves ya.
Tony (QUOTE)

I don't believe I actually read that.

That was Boomer typing too close to midnight.

She must be stopped. Tony (QUOTE)

II thought it was pretty funny. Fumar deserved it too. And a little wine never hurt anybody.cashman (QUOTE)

cashman You bring it with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cranks are cranks before they come to the Villages.

Some I assume would lose a bit of their crankness because TV is such an improvement over any other place.

For men who don't lose their grumbles after moving here I suggest a daily testostrone patch.

For women I don't know what to suggest , but maybe threir mood would also improve if their husband got the patch. cashman (QUOTE)

I think I have a headache.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-04-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Hi Fumar,

Boomer
Now that is funny.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Veteran member
Angry

Quote:
Hi Fumar,

Boomer
LOL, that is a good one.

Back to topic

We are cranky because the weather S___KS!

Plain & Simple.

We no longer take comfort knowing there is a mountain of snow somewhere that some one is shoveling, or that it is 100 degrees below zero in Fargo ND.
I'm P__S_D OFF because it was warmer in Washingto DC this morning than it was here.
And the folks who are paying $3,000 +/- a month for the pleasure of freezing their asses off must be doubly P__S_D!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.