What is most improtant to you - home value or lifestyle

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2020, 02:58 PM

Don't you think that with the growth of The Villages size-wise, there will also be other places to eat, for entertaining, other "Sharons"? There are already golf courses going in, so there should be plenty of new venues to keep up with the growth for each area. Not all of the new residents are planning to travel to the north or central part of the Villages for their needs, so adding to traffic or wait lines at restaurants shouldn't be an issue. I have no problem going outside the bubble to eat, either, but on occasion will visit some of the older areas when we feel like driving the car instead of a golf cart. We are planning to move there at the end of this year or beginning of next, but we want to be in the new areas. We feel sure since there are all of the needed amenities at and around each of the established Town Squares, that there are plans to have that in each of the new Town Squares, as well. It may take a little time, but hey, at this point I'm looking forward to having some time on my hands.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi-G View Post
Don't you think that with the growth of The Villages size-wise, there will also be other places to eat, for entertaining, other "Sharons"? There are already golf courses going in, so there should be plenty of new venues to keep up with the growth for each area. Not all of the new residents are planning to travel to the north or central part of the Villages for their needs, so adding to traffic or wait lines at restaurants shouldn't be an issue. I have no problem going outside the bubble to eat, either, but on occasion will visit some of the older areas when we feel like driving the car instead of a golf cart. We are planning to move there at the end of this year or beginning of next, but we want to be in the new areas. We feel sure since there are all of the needed amenities at and around each of the established Town Squares, that there are plans to have that in each of the new Town Squares, as well. It may take a little time, but hey, at this point I'm looking forward to having some time on my hands.
Actually, I don't believe there are any more Sharon's, Savannah Center type auditoriums, or championship golf courses scheduled to be built. Maybe I've missed the announcement if there is. TV has agreed in writing to build a 4th town square south of the turnpike but no date is specified.

TV will add rec centers, executive golf courses, dog parks, and other amenities as they always have. Clearly, restaraunts and stores will be built to meet increased demand by other private businesses (as capitalism works) but that will be awhile (years). Assuming the population of TV doubles, as is predicted, there no doubt is and will continue to be increased demand on the items I mentioned.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 03-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

We moved here for the lifestyle. It's getting more crowded and Exec. tee times are harder to get, but we still love it here.
I've never spoken to The Developer nor have I seen anything in writing that said they were going to stop expanding. I don't expect The Developer to make decisions because it will make me happy nor do I hold The Developer responsible for what my realtor told me.
I have no issue with The Developer making money. Are they greedy? I don't know... I think they are smart business people. They are making choices just like all of us are making choices.
If there comes a time that The Villages doesn't work for me... we will move to another community. I will never blame The Developer or complain that I was sold a bill of goods. I don't have anything in writing that promises me anything about The Villages.
I'm an adult and walked into The Villages with eyes wide open. If I thought it was going to something it isn't (smaller), then I would find a community that better fits my lifestyle. I don't expect The Developer to adjust his business plan to fit what some realtor told me.
We love it here. We have no plans to move.

Last edited by Northwoods; 03-03-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: just want to say a little bit more
Old 03-03-2020, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Lifestyle
Old 03-04-2020, 06:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Lifestyle

Same here.

I'm not moving, I'm young enough that I'm not counting on my home value for funds, so I don't sit around and get excited about home values going up 30%.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyw102@aol.com View Post
Hi Joe. We couldn't have said it better. We moved here last August from South FL, originally from NY as well. Was concerned about what we heard about "season" as far as traffic , restaurants, clubs etc. Here we are in March, and to us it was much ado about nothing. We really don't see much of a change. I guess if one is from a rural area, they might feel differently. To us, this is no biggie. We absolutely love it here...beautifully aesthetically, so much to do, friendly people, beautiful weather...we could go on and on. Welcome to Paradise!
What we notice is the line of cars at the traffic light at 466 and Rolling Acres Rd. During the winter months, the traffic is backed up, sometimes 20 cars, depending on time of day. During the rest of the year, at the same time of day,we will either breeze through the light or have at best four cars in front of us as we wait for the light to change. We do see a difference but nothing like it was with the traffic on Long Island or South Florida roads.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:31 AM

Agree totally! Well said! And, might I add, THE TRAFFIC!!!
Old 03-04-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
What is more important to you; increased home value or a happy, active, and relaxed lifestyle?
Well into my retirement, this will probably be my last single family residence. Hopefully, I will die in my sleep with a smile on my face, dressed for the next stage in my existence and singing along with Billy Gibbons - Wikipedia. The kids can do with the house as they please.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
A few concerts has the sound system so loud the speakers were actually distorting the sound, for example the Charlie Daniels concert, during the last song 'The devil goes down to Georgia' you could not understand the words, Masters of illusion had supplementary speakers on the stage floor, blocking the view of the people in the first 3 or 4 rows of seats.
The Charlie Daniels band sound was terrible. I couldn’t understand the words of The Devil Went Down to Georgia. Thankfully I knew the words by heart.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:38 AM

We moved from Allentown to TV 2.5 years ago.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

I really don’t see the growth south of 44 affecting my lifestyle. In our fourteen years of “The Villages lifestyle”, there has been much growth. We find ourselves excited by the growth. We see more improvements every year. The recent opening of new health care facilities and others projected to open in the near future are prime examples of improvements to our lifestyle. In the future, I visualize all the Development south of 44 as “The Villages South” which will bring more options for Interesting things to do and improvements not only for those of us north of 44 but also the lucky younger retirees who “stumble” into this wonderful retirement community we call The Villages. I see no reason why you can’t have both lifestyle and home value at the same time. That’s what has happen the last several years. Fore.

Last edited by justjim; 03-04-2020 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Comment accidentally erased.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:25 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default lake hartwell vs villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogstr View Post
That’s why we’re moving to S Carolina on Lake Hartwell...
Beautiful Lake in the middle of nowhere between atlanta and charlotte. Great if you like a boat and don;t want to be near anything or anyone Generally used as a weekend getaway from Atlanta .. Different strokes for different folks .. Enjoy .. better than complaining about what the villages isn;t for you ..
Old 03-04-2020, 01:28 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default The Villages Doesn;t have enough cars or carts to make a good traffic jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What we notice is the line of cars at the traffic light at 466 and Rolling Acres Rd. During the winter months, the traffic is backed up, sometimes 20 cars, depending on time of day. During the rest of the year, at the same time of day,we will either breeze through the light or have at best four cars in front of us as we wait for the light to change. We do see a difference but nothing like it was with the traffic on Long Island or South Florida roads.
A "backup" of a whole 20 cars ?? I guess you were joking .. moved from 20 years of Atlanta and 7 wide highways at 85mph .. or dead stop ..
Old 03-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

If you travel mostly by car - traffic doesn't matter. however in the OLDER sections - Spanish springs etc - speeders are ridiculous - the good news is that we have alot oof doctors -the bad news is the villages hospitals suck . Lifestyle is what you make of it. golfers here get it free but I hear the courses are going downhill. 2,000 clibs are great unless they are full. Restaurants can be ridiculous to get into in winter. Glad I live on the outskirts and NO - I am not telling you the great restaurants of LAKE County !!!!! Stay away. !
Old 03-04-2020, 08:43 PM

A lot has changed in 12 years here in TV, and there is a huge influx in snowbirds and waiting times etc. Remember some people only want to make money on their houses... moving every 2 years and making 100's of thousands THATS what putting the prices up. Those of us on limited incomes faired well in the 2008's - 2012's but we are now being priced out by enlarged contractor prices for even the simplest job, that we at 70+ cannot do for ourselves. Overcrowding, less facilities and rude people do not help. It used to be a great place to live.. not so much now.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, lifestyle, increase, happy, expansion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.