What is a new home?

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2016, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi, we live in Creekside, we walk and bike ride around. Yes, they take previously owned, previously Lifestyle,
8 or so years old. They may remove all the old flooring, the older cabinets, anything that shows the age, they paint the total interior and the driveway, and yes, they do advertise them as NEW.
bbbbbb
Do you own a home in Creekside?

[QUOTE=bbbbbb;1290679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
I really don't care how Florida law chooses to define requirements for disclosure in real estate transactions. Florida law, for me at least, is not the definitive arbiter of what is honest and ethical behavior. And marketing an 8 year old home occupied by multiple different occupants over those years as a "new home" is simply NOT honest. If the many heirs of Mr Morse wish to risk obtaining a reputation of dishonest marketing, then I guess that is their decision.
Certainly the homes will sell and at whatever price the market will bear, but this fact in itself does not make the sales practices ethical. I have nothing against free enterprise and the making of money, but sometimes greed is just greed.

They are in the Saturday (16th) paper and listed as NEW, on Peninsula and Old Dominion in the Creekside Landing Villas. So that clarifies it all, just off of OLD CAMP road.

If you do how were the homes described to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
The realtors hosting the three open houses that I attended that day told me these homes had been used in the past for the Lifestyle visits. Just as I told them I already owned a home in TV and was just looking. I've been looking at courtyard villas since I got a puppy but most of the garages are a tight fit with my Ford Flex and a cart! But I still love to go to open houses!
Sounds like 3 out of 3 salespeople told this person up front that they were from the Lifestyle Program.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Platinum member

Glad sales reps are upfront about the status. I thought they would be. The misleading advertising puts them in an uncomfortable position.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think that in many cases some people are always defending the developer....like me.

And some people are always putting them down, and criticizing them.

Many people have already bought, or will buy, or live down the road and work for MLS and jump on any chance to unshine any new home deal because they can't sell new homes.

Many people have reasonable appreciation for the good ideas that built this place.

They aren't nuts about the Morses like I am.

Everybody has their own folks they admire. I also like Jack Nicklaus.

But this is clearly misleading advertising. I still think Jack Nicklaus is perfect.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Obfuscation does not distract away from the facts, those amongst us who can see through the surly white fog of deception.
Closed Thread

Tags
houses, house, villages, sold, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.