Thinking of Moving to Villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Veteran member
Default Thinking of Moving to Villages

Hi Folks

I learned of this forum thru another site I happen to be on. It was suggested I come here with my questions. We're thinking of moving to the Villages next year.

I have a few questions on the cost of living part of being a Village resident.

I understand the amenities fee is $130 a month. Does that include everything other than premier golf?

Are there any other fees that are mandated?

I have so many cost of living question but decided to start off slow! Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage
Default Re: Thinking of Moving to Villages

Amenity fees covers pools, rec centers, executive golf;

Your monthly expenses will include water (potable and irrigation), trash services, electricity, probably gas, lawn and pest services (unless you do these yourself), phone, cable, internet, insurance, property taxes.

Depending on what (new or used) and where you buy.... there is the Bond. It is paid in two parts.... the part assigned to your house when it was built (covers building of infrastructure like roads, sidewalks, lighting, curbs, sewers, etc). This is repaid over 30 years at approx 6-7% per year and shows up on your property tax bill. You also have the option to pay it off in full.

There is also an annual maintenance fee for this infrastructure...also appears on your property tax bill. Depending on where you live this could be 200-600 per year.

Lots of "little" bills but overall I feel the cost of living is better than most NE states. This is an overgeneralized average, but, I figure it costs me about $1,000/month to live here (outside of mortgage expenses and personal expenses like food/clothing/entertainment). Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Have you received a packet from TV that includes the dvd and home prices? The packet also will have an Estimated Monthly Cost of Living sheet that shows the estimated cost based on a $250,000 home. It does state monthly costs will vary considerably depending on the size of a home and its usage as well as the type and size of the homesite it occupies. I obtained a current sheet when my sister was visiting in June for the first time. She plans on buying in 2008. Below are the cost as shown:

$130.00 Contractual Amenities Fee $ 40.00 Basic Telephone
21.00 Sewer 53.00 Basic Cable Television
34.00 Water 100.00 Insurance
168.00 Average Gas/Electric 240.00 Average Taxes
16.00 Trash Collection 170.00 CDD Assessment (Bond)

The total per month for the above is $972.00. Having lived in TV full time for two years I can say the above figures are a very good estimate. The sewer/water could be slightly higher from my perspective. You will also need to consider pest control expenses and lawn care.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Be sure to try the Lifestyle preview, you'll have a much better videa after you've stayed for a wekk, be sure to rent a golf cart.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.