What is south of Fenney and DeSoto?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Gold member
Default I think you might be mistaken..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i've been told so many things on what to look out for living near a prison. i suppose it never bothered us, because i'm not 1 of those nimby neighbors. im not @ all concerned-if 1 of these guys break out, the last thing i'd think they'd head for is brownwood square watching the hooligans,
i learned this prison is for snitch-types who need protection, & certain genders that may antagonize other inmates just by being there. yes, there's a few hardened types, that are kept under strict conditions. it's not a deal breaker, we still bought the villa
I think the prison is actually Maximum Security....... they keep the killers and really heavy duty bad guys in there.....
Old 08-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Don’t plan on selling it to the Developer to make a profit. If you assumed a density of 10 houses per acre, houses built on that property would have an imbedded property cost of $30,000 per house. That’s unimproved property. The Developer never pays that much for the land component of their development. The only way land priced that high might be attractive to the Developer is for the development with significantly higher density, like the mult-storied condos or rental apartments, like those built near the Brownwood town square.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I did a bit of searching and couldn't find any mention of an escape from Coleman. I've found that escapes from federal prisons are pretty rare but escapes from county jails happens frequently. Usually a trustee that takes off from an outside work detail. I don't have a problem with the prison and have no worries of a prison break. You have a better chance of a home invasion than an escaped prisoner from the prison trying to get into your home.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Don’t plan on selling it to the Developer to make a profit. If you assumed a density of 10 houses per acre, houses built on that property would have an imbedded property cost of $30,000 per house. That’s unimproved property. The Developer never pays that much for the land component of their development. The only way land priced that high might be attractive to the Developer is for the development with significantly higher density, like the mult-storied condos or rental apartments, like those built near the Brownwood town square.
In that case will tell him he can make up the loss with volume.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Default Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I assume you are implying a jailbreak, right? I don't know do you.....how many have happened in the life of the prison? Hyperbole!
. Nobody has ever escaped from Stalag 13!!!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:46 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
this fellow speaks with knowledge...listen to him
And The Villages will stop building at 466a. Fool me once.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgodin View Post
So, the real question is how long before we can drive our golf carts to Disney?
Non one is going to want to drive a cart all the way to Disney. I'm thinking that they'll extend the monorail to Brownwood.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Non one is going to want to drive a cart all the way to Disney. I'm thinking that they'll extend the monorail to Brownwood.
Coming soon - a new thread to complain: "I don't want the monorail to Disney behind MY house!"
Closed Thread

Tags
desoto, fenney, land, developer, owns

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.