What are they thinking?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2020, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,075 Times in 2,743 Posts
Default What are they thinking?

So, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential Covid spreaders are migrating south. Then the seasonal influx of high risk children and grandchildren visitors will follow. People from all over the country will be flying to Florida and converging on the 55 plus community that has been relatively safe during the slow season, where the older and more vulnerable full time residents generally take appropriate precautions. Despite this, starting next week the town squares will go back to business as usual, like the pandemic doesn’t even exist, WTF?

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up? I get that the powers that be need to sell all the houses they are cranking out, and it’s hard to sell houses without being able to showcase the Villages experience. But this could backfire in a big way if the Villages Covid numbers spike, which they most likely will. Not only that, but all the new houses they are trying to sell will have to compete with all the new pre-owned homes that will go on the market vacated by unfortunate Covid victims.

OK, all the Covid deniers, let me have it, I can deal with it.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Bobby Pickett "Monster Mash" - YouTube

I hope we do not all turn up in the cemetery or doing the monster mash! All dressed up as mummies that is or acting like zombies.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential Covid spreaders are migrating south. Then the seasonal influx of high risk children and grandchildren visitors will follow. People from all over the country will be flying to Florida and converging on the 55 plus community that has been relatively safe during the slow season, where the older and more vulnerable full time residents generally take appropriate precautions. Despite this, starting next week the town squares will go back to business as usual, like the pandemic doesn’t even exist, WTF?

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up? I get that the powers that be need to sell all the houses they are cranking out, and it’s hard to sell houses without being able to showcase the Villages experience. But this could backfire in a big way if the Villages Covid numbers spike, which they most likely will. Not only that, but all the new houses they are trying to sell will have to compete with all the new pre-owned homes that will go on the market vacated by unfortunate Covid victims.

The Sumter County Commission, which is no longer in the Developer's pocket, needs to act to put an end to this insanity. People are going to die.

Last edited by Advogado; 11-13-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

I totally agree with you.

Since the start of this pandemic my response to people going back to normal life has been “what’s changed?”

I am high risk and cannot resume my previous way of life.
I understand many are NOT high risk and their response may be quite different.

One thing we can all agree with is everyone would like life back to normal.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:32 AM
Veteran member

The Florida strategy appears to be herd immunity. A White House official said a couple of weeks ago “we can’t control the virus” and Florida powers-that-be might feel the same way. Just my take.

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 11-14-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:52 AM
Platinum member
Default Barking at the moon

Quote:
so, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential covid spreaders are migrating south. Then the seasonal influx of high risk children and grandchildren visitors will follow. People from all over the country will be flying to florida and converging on the 55 plus community that has been relatively safe during the slow season, where the older and more vulnerable full time residents generally take appropriate precautions. Despite this, starting next week the town squares will go back to business as usual, like the pandemic doesn’t even exist, wtf?

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up? I get that the powers that be need to sell all the houses they are cranking out, and it’s hard to sell houses without being able to showcase the villages experience. But this could backfire in a big way if the villages covid numbers spike, which they most likely will. Not only that, but all the new houses they are trying to sell will have to compete with all the new pre-owned homes that will go on the market vacated by unfortunate covid victims.

Ok, all the covid deniers, let me have it, i can deal with it.
no one should let you" have it".
Your points are valid. However , there is an instruction given to fighters in the ring. " gentleman, protect yourselves at all times"
pretty good advice.
Rely upon your own instincts for self preservation.
Good luck to all.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:59 AM

I would be very surprised if you are able to get a vaccine in December, just saying.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:01 AM

Why Covid deniers? You stay home and cower in your house. I’ll go out, be careful and enjoy the The life I worked 50 years to have.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
no one should let you" have it".
Your points are valid. However , there is an instruction given to fighters in the ring. " gentleman, protect yourselves at all times"
pretty good advice.
Rely upon your own instincts for self preservation.
Good luck to all.
It is not the responsibility of The Villages to protect you. if you feel unsafe going to the squares, don't go.
You must take personal responsibility to protect yourself as you see fit.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
The Florida strategy appears to be herd immunity. A White House official said a couple of weeks ago “we can’t control the virus” and Florida powers-that-be might feel the same way. Just my take.
I believe the context was “won’t” control the virus, although your quote above is accurate.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:

Can the TOTV just have a CCP aka Covid ban like politics? This is just beyond ridiculous...we have been on this hamster wheel of discussion for months now and it’s NEVER going to change...are people’s lives so boring that this is the only thought or discussion they can fixate on? Yesterday we had a nut job talking about shooting people who walked to close to him on a thread, I found this just unbelievable that his posts were not removed...yet I’ve had some pretty benign comments removed on this forum...the censorship here needs to take a look at their guidelines and find some consistency....
Old 11-14-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
I would be very surprised if you are able to get a vaccine in December, just saying.
I too agree that December vaccinations is very optimistic. Hoping the vaccine is approved very soon though. My best!
Old 11-14-2020, 06:35 AM

They want everything to look normal so that snowbirds will come back and purchase new property which they have stock piled.
There is no concern about the population already here.

Very unfortunate
Old 11-14-2020, 06:42 AM

Easy fix. Stay home.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:57 AM

Unfortunately people have lost interest in mitigating the pandemic at this point. Then there are the outright deniers as you mention. It’s now every man for himself. Good luck. We’re Doomed!
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, sell, pandemic, houses, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.