What are they thinking?

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2020, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

I agree with your comment , those with their hair on fire about Covid should do everything possible to protect themselves. I am in good health, thank God and am going to enjoy life.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:08 AM

Easy fix. Stay home. Stop whining.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential Covid spreaders are migrating south. Then the seasonal influx of high risk children and grandchildren visitors will follow. People from all over the country will be flying to Florida and converging on the 55 plus community that has been relatively safe during the slow season, where the older and more vulnerable full time residents generally take appropriate precautions. Despite this, starting next week the town squares will go back to business as usual, like the pandemic doesn’t even exist, WTF?

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up? I get that the powers that be need to sell all the houses they are cranking out, and it’s hard to sell houses without being able to showcase the Villages experience. But this could backfire in a big way if the Villages Covid numbers spike, which they most likely will. Not only that, but all the new houses they are trying to sell will have to compete with all the new pre-owned homes that will go on the market vacated by unfortunate Covid victims.

OK, all the Covid deniers, let me have it, I can deal with it.
As Nancy Reagan used to say: “Just Say No!” Look for me at the town squares. You won’t find me.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:11 AM
Default Treatments and mortality

Why open the town squares ?
The treatments are more effective and the mortality rate is down from those who contracted it. As Americans we have civil liberties that allow us to make decisions on risk and reward. If you are at risk stay home and don’t infringe on others who have very low risk.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrutyle109 View Post
Why Covid deniers? You stay home and cower in your house. I’ll go out, be careful and enjoy the The life I worked 50 years to have.
Because when you are done drinking and dancing you go to Publix, the dr’s office, or the gas station where you run into people who have been “cowering in their homes” because of compromised health issues or age but still need food, gas and to get to the drs office. That’s why.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
So, entertainment at the town squares were closed when the pandemic was under much better control than it currently is. Fast forward, the pandemic numbers have never been worse, and a massive influx of potential Covid spreaders are migrating south. Then the seasonal influx of high risk children and grandchildren visitors will follow. People from all over the country will be flying to Florida and converging on the 55 plus community that has been relatively safe during the slow season, where the older and more vulnerable full time residents generally take appropriate precautions. Despite this, starting next week the town squares will go back to business as usual, like the pandemic doesn’t even exist, WTF?

Could there possibly be a worse time to decide to open everything back up? I get that the powers that be need to sell all the houses they are cranking out, and it’s hard to sell houses without being able to showcase the Villages experience. But this could backfire in a big way if the Villages Covid numbers spike, which they most likely will. Not only that, but all the new houses they are trying to sell will have to compete with all the new pre-owned homes that will go on the market vacated by unfortunate Covid victims.

In total agreement. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:

$ $ $
Old 11-14-2020, 07:26 AM

The treatments are better and the mortality rate from those who contract it are down. For those who are more at risk stay at home and don’t infringe on the civil liberties of others who have a lower risk.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:29 AM

You can stay home if your afraid or you can chose to live life. The China Virus is serious . It is not seasonal. There are now treatments for it and a vaccine or 2 are on the way. With tickets to square there were more people outside surrounding squares then inside them! I chose life standing rather then sitting in fear. Yes I’m sure it is economically related but I don’t care what the motivation is. I’m just pleased they are opening .
Old 11-14-2020, 07:30 AM

Well said. If you do not look out for yourself don"t make it the responsibility of others
Be Safe but don't become a hermit.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:42 AM

My take is everyone is in control of their self. If one doesn’t think going to the square at this time is good for them. Don’t go. Stay home get things brought to you. We know what is best for ourselves.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:

Totally agree! No brains in this decision. We’ll stay away, thank you. We can’t trust where all have been, if they’ll follow CDC guidelines and where masks. Stupid, stupid, stupid....
Old 11-14-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrutyle109 View Post
Why Covid deniers? You stay home and cower in your house. I’ll go out, be careful and enjoy the The life I worked 50 years to have.
Thank you for caring about others and their situation. What a guy! (Person) NOT!
Old 11-14-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornhome View Post
Because when you are done drinking and dancing you go to Publix, the dr’s office, or the gas station where you run into people who have been “cowering in their homes” because of compromised health issues or age but still need food, gas and to get to the drs office. That’s why.
Amen. Unfortunately the selfish and entitled won't understand this.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
no one should let you" have it".
Your points are valid. However , there is an instruction given to fighters in the ring. " gentleman, protect yourselves at all times"
pretty good advice.
Rely upon your own instincts for self preservation.
Good luck to all.
Think about all the social security they won’t have to pay. Money saving, sad.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, sell, pandemic, houses, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.