What is up with the mens room at Barnstorm

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhendler View Post
I have used the mens room twice in the past two weeks. toilet paper rolls thrown on the floor. Water on the floor stinking of urine. And yesterday all the same and worse. Add to that no soap in the dispensers. I reported it to a man with a ear piece. He stated they have extremely busy. Poor excuse.
OP..... I think we need some clarification. Do you mean the mens' room at (inside) the Barnstorm Theater or the public rest rooms outside the movie theater for the people on the Square to use?
Old 01-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

The movie theater bathrooms are open to the public. You do need to buy a movie ticket to use them.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The movie theater bathrooms are open to the public. You do need to buy a movie ticket to use them.
I would think it "depends" (no pun intended) on what side of the ticket taker they are on.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Theyare by the front door just like at Sumter.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But I don't believe that the employees clean the restrooms. They are done at night after everything closes, just like all the rec centers, by a janatorial service. So, extra seasonal employees would not make a difference here.

Also, the description in the first post seems to indicate an act of vandalism rather than the normal it-gets-dirty-by-use. So, what is a reasonable time for the theater to react to that?

Airport restrooms are kept in better condition, and they're used by far more people than patronize the Brownwood Theater--BUT airports have employees cleaning the restrooms constantly, which makes a BIG difference. The theaters in TV need to do something like that, especially during "the season," which has become a real pain in the neck (and elsewhere). This place is not what it used to be. The inmates have taken over the asylum.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:38 PM

Yeah I have been there twice in the last couple of weeks. The left sink has no hot water and the soap dispensers are empty. Someone isn't keeping things up.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Theyare by the front door just like at Sumter.
These are smaller rest rooms in the lobby area. At the Barnstorm and Old Mill Playhouse you need a ticket to use the larger restrooms in the theater proper where the screening room doors are located 1-8.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
Airport restrooms are kept in better condition, and they're used by far more people than patronize the Brownwood Theater--BUT airports have employees cleaning the restrooms constantly, which makes a BIG difference. The theaters in TV need to do something like that, especially during "the season," which has become a real pain in the neck (and elsewhere). This place is not what it used to be. The inmates have taken over the asylum.
I am going to guess that you are under the mistaken impression that the three theaters are part of "The Villages" They are private businesses that are located within The Villages, just like the many restaurants and shops. There are no inmates to take over, and it is not an asylum. Like any business that you are unhappy with, you can choose to take your business elsewhere.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I am going to guess that you are under the mistaken impression that the three theaters are part of "The Villages" They are private businesses that are located within The Villages, just like the many restaurants and shops. There are no inmates to take over, and it is not an asylum. Like any business that you are unhappy with, you can choose to take your business elsewhere.
Very true, but one would think they would have to meet minimum standards to be allowed here not unlike those of us who own homes here. I would think the leasing of the property would require basic upkeep by their landlord which I would guess is T.V. as they have their hands in everything in the squares except, it seems, the sinks in the restrooms.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sounds like thing are improving. Place used to be a bit of a mess!!
If I was looking to buy a home & making my residents in the TV‘s this is not a very good advertisement for TV. Or the people who work at Barnstorm live like that at their own homes. Someone had ought to call TV office & tell them. Can’t believe the would stand for this!
Old 01-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Very true, but one would think they would have to meet minimum standards to be allowed here not unlike those of us who own homes here. I would think the leasing of the property would require basic upkeep by their landlord which I would guess is T.V. as they have their hands in everything in the squares except, it seems, the sinks in the restrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
If I was looking to buy a home & making my residents in the TV‘s this is not a very good advertisement for TV. Or the people who work at Barnstorm live like that at their own homes. Someone had ought to call TV office & tell them. Can’t believe the would stand for this!
OK Let's take a breath here. Did the mess get cleaned up? Let's not assume that the condition of the bathroom as described in the first post is continual. If it is, as I believe, an act of vadalism and cleaning crew got it all cleaned up that same night, would that prompt you think any differently?
Old 01-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemarySoso View Post
As I read this, I was thinking that due to location, it attracts many many non-Villagers. Every time we go there, we comment on how many “others” are taking advantage of the free entertainment.
The Squares are open to everyone, not just Villagers.
As a matter of fact, the public is encouraged to visit the restaurants and shop at the stores around the Squares.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemarySoso View Post
As I read this, I was thinking that due to location, it attracts many many non-Villagers. Every time we go there, we comment on how many “others” are taking advantage of the free entertainment. Not much can be done I guess. Just happy to be up north. ������*♀️
If you want to list your home.... I know several agents. And while I'm typing I have to ask what are "others"? How do you know when you see one? Do you ask people where they live? Do they carry signs or have a secret handshake?
Old 01-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
... And while I'm typing I have to ask what are "others"? Do they carry signs or have a secret handshake?
I'm not sure if the "others" at the town squares carry signs to identify themselves as non-Villages.
But I've observed them, and they do indeed have a nefarious secret handshake.
The Mods are going to say I'm off topic, and they're right!

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-03-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
So what did the manager say when you reported this problem?

I know if I had a problem with a business, the FIRST thing I'd do is report the problem to the manager. I'd give them a reasonable amount of time to correct it and if it's still not right, THEN I would let other people know about it.

For dirty bathrooms at a movie theatre I'd probably wait til all the screening room doors are closed to minimize the traffic. Then I'd have an employee go in there with a mop, bucket, extra rolls of TP, soap for the dispenser, gloves, and bleach, and clean it up. And put a "closed for cleaning" sign outside the door.

But if no one informs the manager that there's a problem, he isn't likely to check on it til after the theatre is closed for the night.
Closed Thread

Tags
mens, room, floor, dispensers, soap

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.