What Village Am I In?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Question What Village Am I In?

We have put a deposit on a new used home. It is on Gerardo Ave. When we are asked what village are you in, we have know idea. It is not stated in the contract nor on the listing. Could someone please help us? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblammon View Post
We have put a deposit on a new used home. It is on Gerardo Ave. When we are asked what village are you in, we have know idea. It is not stated in the contract nor on the listing. Could someone please help us? Thanks in advance.
You're in the Village of Tierra Del Sol. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 AM

Thanks for letting us know. The inspection is next Monday and if there are no major problems we will close on October 4th.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know. The inspection is next Monday and if there are no major problems we will close on October 4th.
You will close on the same day in History they began to carve the face's on Mt. Rushmore. Lets hope it doesn't take 12 years for you to close like it took them to finish.
http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/october4th.html
Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
What is a "New Used Home"?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

New to them, but previously lived in?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage

Hi rblammon,
Tierra Del Sol is a beautiful Village in a great location on the north side. Congratulations and all best wishes!

Pturner

Old 07-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Congrats on the new house. I hope your move goes smoothly.

Are you buying it sight unseeen?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM

It's brand new for us, but has had another owner. We were down last week and saw about 9 homes through the villages realtor. Then the next day had 5 to look at with a MLS realtor. The 2nd one we looked at was a WOW WOW SWEET first impression. Only had a wow the 1st day through the villages. Then we looked at the third one for the day and told realtor we wanted to make an offer on the one Gerardo Ave. She couldn't understand that we did not want to see the last 2. (negotiation point) which we used to get our price. When they didn't want to meet our offer we said fine, we have 2 more to look at. Apparentily they did not want use too look further, and accepted our offer and even through in the golf cart to boot. Oh happy day, we have spent our last winter in Northern Ohio.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:28 PM

That kinda'scares me,but also impresses me....Go for it the best of Luck to you Handyman KME1254 if anyone out there was a C.B.er back in the day 10-10 and on the side
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's brand new for us, but has had another owner. We were down last week and saw about 9 homes through the villages realtor. Then the next day had 5 to look at with a MLS realtor. The 2nd one we looked at was a WOW WOW SWEET first impression. Only had a wow the 1st day through the villages. Then we looked at the third one for the day and told realtor we wanted to make an offer on the one Gerardo Ave. She couldn't understand that we did not want to see the last 2. (negotiation point) which we used to get our price. When they didn't want to meet our offer we said fine, we have 2 more to look at. Apparentily they did not want use too look further, and accepted our offer and even through in the golf cart to boot. Oh happy day, we have spent our last winter in Northern Ohio.
Congrats. Some people say when the house says "home", then you found where you want to live.

Best wishes on living the dream.

Good job on negotiating.

BTW - Will you negotiate for me when i'm ready to buy.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 07-20-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Deleted an erroneous comment
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
........Oh happy day, we have spent our last winter in Northern Ohio.
WHAT??!! You're giving up Bryan, OH's cold, snowy, icy winters as well as flat-as-a-pancake terrain, Etch-A-Sketches, and Dum-Dum lollipops??? Somehow, it seems like a great decision to me!!

Congrats! Hope your contract and everything gets you through a successful closing!

Bill
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Smile Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi rblammon,
Tierra Del Sol is a beautiful Village in a great location on the north side. Congratulations and all best wishes!

Pturner

Had never seen the village of Tierra Del Sol...man was I impressed. Would love to rent there but zip available. No wonder.Corner of San Marino and Palo Alto, wonderful location...Oh well can dream.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
You will close on the same day in History they began to carve the face's on Mt. Rushmore. Lets hope it doesn't take 12 years for you to close like it took them to finish.
What Happened on October 4th This Day in History
They finished Rushmore fast compared to Crazy Horse
Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Before I retired I worked as a "floater" pharmacist for Walmart and often worked in the Bryan store. Always got there early so I could have breakfast at Shaffers diner. Welcome to The Villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.