What will be the fate of Santiago building?

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Default What will be the fate of Santiago building?

Does anyone know of plans for the Santiago restaurant that closed down last Spring? First we heard that it would be another rec center, then we heard that a Hooters might be going in there. It doesn't appear that any work at all is underway. Any news??
Old 11-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
Does anyone know of plans for the Santiago restaurant that closed down last Spring? First we heard that it would be another rec center, then we heard that a Hooters might be going in there. It doesn't appear that any work at all is underway. Any news??
A Hooters, your kidding right?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Platinum member
Default Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
A Hooters, your kidding right?
Hooters? I heard "Scooter's".

Scooter the DJ is moving into Santiago with his new girlfriend. She loves to cook and that's the only place that had a BIG enough kitchen.

Skip...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Platinum member

..... because they both have these GIANT chef hats and REALLY BIG oven mitts too.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

:
Old 11-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Eternal Member

They said in the Villages Voice yesterday there are no plans yet. I have heard there are still some legal issues with the previous owners. I don't know.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941
Default El Santiago Club

The rumor that "Hooters" was going into the El Santiago Club was a joke started by the starters and ambassadors for the El Santiago and El Diablo executive courses. The rest of the joke is: They are going to hire older women and call it "Flappers" or "Thirty Eight Longs".
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Played El Diablo this PM and noticed a number of commercial vehicles around the former El Santiago Club. Curiosity got he best of me so I inquired of a nice gentleman who seemed to be in charge.

He said they are removing all of the kitchen equipment and turning off all utilities "to keep it safe". He also said he does a quite a few of these dismantling jobs and the equipment they were removing was top quality and in excellent condition. Of course I asked him if he knew what they were going to do with the building but he didn't. Like a lot of us, he couldn't understand why it couldn't make it as a restaurant.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
Played El Diablo this PM and noticed a number of commercial vehicles around the former El Santiago Club. Curiosity got he best of me so I inquired of a nice gentleman who seemed to be in charge.

He said they are removing all of the kitchen equipment and turning off all utilities "to keep it safe". He also said he does a quite a few of these dismantling jobs and the equipment they were removing was top quality and in excellent condition. Of course I asked him if he knew what they were going to do with the building but he didn't. Like a lot of us, he couldn't understand why it couldn't make it as a restaurant.
Too loud, poor food.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
Look at past history; Silver Lake, then Chula Vista, next Santiago. Sold to the residents as another neighborhood pool hall at an exorbitant price; once the current IRS investigation settles down.
"Who needs a neighborhood resturant frequented by at least a 150 people a day when 25 at the most might shoot pool." There was a long term reason that only the dinky little "rec center" near the family pool was orginally built.
Walgreen Drug stores and pool halls, we have more than enough of them around TV.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Too loud, poor food.
It was a nice setting looking out over the water but that was the only redeeming feature of the place. I got tired of leaving there with a headache. Maybe they will turn it into a daycare facility. I heard today that someone in Hadley has very young grandchildren living with them.....they added on to the house to accommodate them. I am confused as I could have sworn this was a retirement community. I must have missed the announcement that told us we could bring our young grandkids here to live. Whoops, I guess this should be another thread.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
It was a nice setting looking out over the water but that was the only redeeming feature of the place. I got tired of leaving there with a headache. Maybe they will turn it into a daycare facility. I heard today that someone in Hadley has very young grandchildren living with them.....they added on to the house to accommodate them. I am confused as I could have sworn this was a retirement community. I must have missed the announcement that told us we could bring our young grandkids here to live. Whoops, I guess this should be another thread.
They can have their grandkids for 30 days. I hope this is just a rumor, could you verify from the one you "heard" if from?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
WHAT????
I want to hear more about this. Every tiny detail. What, who told you, where exactly etc. etc.etc.

I have to say I am not patient with rule infringement of this type if it is true.

Moderators...can you make this a new thread?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

I started a new thread so I could try to answer your questions.....
Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WHAT????
I want to hear more about this. Every tiny detail. What, who told you, where exactly etc. etc.etc.

I have to say I am not patient with rule infringement of this type if it is true.

Moderators...can you make this a new thread?
Gracie, here is the new thread concerning children under 19 who may living here. Grandchildren Living In The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.