What would you buy in TV if you were buying today?

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Default What would you buy in TV if you were buying today?

Many questions on this sight have said what they have bought etc. But the question is, if you live here or are a new buyer.

What would you buy after all your research and for what reason. Example, I would buy a villa because, a two bedroom because, a house ( of a certain size because).

Just thought this would be fun for all to find out what we have all learned in our do's and don't of life.

Thanks,

aj
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Sage

We decided we wanted a house, and had narrowed our choices down to two, a Gardenia and a Lantana. The Lantana won because we love having a great room and larger guest bedrooms. At the time we looked, didn't think about "stretched" models, but based our decision on floor plans shown in info about village homes. Today, I'd still buy the model we have. The only thing we didn't get was a golf cart garage, but the garage we have is larger than ones shown in model info. Very happy with our choice, location, yard, neighbors, friends, community!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Many questions on this sight have said what they have bought etc. But the question is, if you live here or are a new buyer.

What would you buy after all your research and for what reason. Example, I would buy a villa because, a two bedroom because, a house ( of a certain size because).

Just thought this would be fun for all to find out what we have all learned in our do's and don't of life.

Thanks,

aj
Knowing what I know now I would buy the house I have lived in here for nearly ten years.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post

Thanks,

aj
I would buy my house, but it is not for sale.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Gold member

We bought a Lantana in a new neighborhood on a golf course with golf cart garage and stretched lanai in both directions. If I were to do it over again, I would select the same model with the golf cart garage and in a new neighborhood - can't beat the camaraderie of a new neighborhood forming. The only change I would make would be to not extend the lanai since we found that even with the extensions it was smaller than we wanted so we are in the process of expanding it - which requires demolishing the old lanai that we paid extra for.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We are very happy with our choice of our corner CYV on a preserve and wouldn't change a thing. That is lucky because we bought our place during our first visit to TV.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Veteran member
Default What House

Gardina streached at least 4 feet on all sides, and a lani at least 12 feet wide. But who really cares about the house when its the garage that really counts! Should be at least 2 car plus cart and at least 4 feet deeper than normal, 2 feet wider on each side and be able to store 2 golf carts in tandum.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Veteran member

I would look for a stretch Lantana with a golf cart garage and a golf course/water view. The above three requirements are all deal breakers if they are not on my future home.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The realtors are right! LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION I would be looking for a house, probably 3 br with extra large lanai with at least acrylic windows, a corner lot, a circular driveway, a full 2 car garage, centrally located to our two existing squares and the Savannah Center, a resale with lots of upgrades already in place, and mature landscaping. I would hope the bond was paid off of well on its way to being so but that would be a 'nice to have', not a deal breaker. I would like an eat-in kitchen and can easily do without a dining room.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The realtors are right! LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION I would be looking for a house, probably 3 br with extra large lanai with at least acrylic windows, a corner lot, a circular driveway, a full 2 car garage, centrally located to our two existing squares and the Savannah Center, a resale with lots of upgrades already in place, and mature landscaping. I would hope the bond was paid off of well on its way to being so but that would be a 'nice to have', not a deal breaker. I would like an eat-in kitchen and can easily do without a dining room.

You just described our house!

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I love my location and would not change it. I love our home with one exception. The garage is not big enough. If I was building I would stretch the garage as much as the lot allows. If I could make it 20 feet bigger in every direction I would. At a minimum I would want a golf car garage added that was two carts deep.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Since there are three of us...

You asked...so I will say that my new dream house is The Seabrook. We now own two properties, one here and one there. We will see if we can sell both of them and build this one and not have to eat beans and weenies for the rest of our days.

If only Helene had a little more room in her bedroom, the Camellia would be just fine.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
Knowing what I know now I would buy the house I have lived in here for nearly ten years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I would buy my house, but it is not for sale.
Great, but you didn't describe your house. What model, etc! Thanks. This thread is most helpful to us "gonnabees"!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Gold member
Default qualify post with $ amount

It is a great post, but I think it needs qualified by a price range. The ideal house is one that you can afford and be happy with the # of bedrooms (for you) and baths.

For instance, we have a 3 BR CYV - Bonita, which we love and would buy again in this price range (under $200,000). The small garage does not bother us because we have a small car - Honda Fit - and 2 golf carts, all of which fit ok. And - we are not garage people - to us it's just a place to put stuff, and since our stuff fits, we're fine. I can see why it would not be fine for those who are garage "putterers." We LOVE the privacy of a CYV with high villa walls and a prettily landscaped back yard. I also like the big kitchen and laundry room that holds a 2nd fridge and extra cabinets and shelving. Kind of makes up for the smaller garage.

If I had $300-400,000, right now I think resale designers with view lots (preserve or certain ponds) are a good buy. I would not want to be on a golf course because of the lack of privacy, possibility of being hit with golf balls (I'm a gardener and outside all the time) and noise of mowing early and often. Would ideally like being on a beautiful pond that overlooks a golf course.

For $200-300,000 I think I'd like a corner CYV with an expanded lanai.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

I'm a future homeowner in TV. I did a lot of online research before my Lifestyle Preview visit in January. I love the Iris. However, I do keep an eye on TOTV and many recommended a CYV if someone has a dog and will be a snowbird. I then switched my focus to CYV. Well, I was so grateful that I was put up in a CYV during my Lifestyle visit. It just wasn't for me....I felt too enclosed. I had all my notes about the Designer Homes....so back to look at my top 5......and the Iris did win. Location.....I have a "thing" about loving to watch the sunset over a lake/pond. I have that now. My sales rep took me to many locations. Then she took me St. James......lot overlooking lake/pond.......just about same location as I have up north.....lanai facing west. That was IT! Back to sales office.........deposit check written....done deal! That's my story.....and I'm stickin' to it!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.