What would you buy in TV if you were buying today?

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2011, 10:42 AM

I'll be there next weekend to stay two weeks and to buy! After looking on the internet I've gone from the larger Designers to the Bonita or Savannah CYV on a golf course or corner lot (not many available). I don't want all the outside to take care of, but I'm originally a country girl and need a little open space. Hope I'm making the right choice, but could change my mind after looking.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I'm a future homeowner in TV. I did a lot of online research before my Lifestyle Preview visit in January. I love the Iris. However, I do keep an eye on TOTV and many recommended a CYV if someone has a dog and will be a snowbird. I then switched my focus to CYV. Well, I was so grateful that I was put up in a CYV during my Lifestyle visit. It just wasn't for me....I felt too enclosed. I had all my notes about the Designer Homes....so back to look at my top 5......and the Iris did win. Location.....I have a "thing" about loving to watch the sunset over a lake/pond. I have that now. My sales rep took me to many locations. Then she took me St. James......lot overlooking lake/pond.......just about same location as I have up north.....lanai facing west. That was IT! Back to sales office.........deposit check written....done deal! That's my story.....and I'm stickin' to it!
I am so glad you did!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Default Golf cart garage

We have the Wisteria II, love the floor plan, and we live on the lake ~~. OMG The best view ever! ( would not give that up!) Just wish we had that golf cart garage. Amazing how you think the garage is no big deal and it seems big enough and then you get here and wish you had just a lil extra space! I agree with the earlier poster though, get the view! Location is everything....
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 PM

We have a Mandvilla, I love it, and love the village of Bonita, just wish I would have bought one with a golf cart garage.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Gold member

Has anyone researched the difference in cost of a larger Designer model expanded to the max w/GC garage and one of the smaller Premier models on a standard lot? Are the standard Premier lots comparable to the larger Designer lots? Our dream home is a Gardenia expanded to the max with GC garage with sufficient space in the back for a large lanai and large birdcage garden on a golf course. We plan to keep a car, a truck and two golf carts so we need a large garage. Do not care about the spare bedrooms as one will be an office. We like the breakfast nook with the front view window in the Gardenia. We are trying to stay away from the Premier models because they would be much more house than we need.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 PM

I have a Lantana with a stretched garage on a golf course (pond view). I am on a dead end street which is nice traffic-wise. I put kitchen cabinets, counters and large cupboards in the garage. Extended the lanai with two bird cages - total 50 feet. The lanai faces West and the sunsets are breath taking. Living on a golf course has pros and cons but mainly pros. Extended view is a big one. I converted the extra space in the laundry room to a mini office with cabinets and counters to match the kitchen. I am grateful for pull down attic stairs with flooring in the "stand up attic" - helps satisfy my "pack rat" tendencies. The pond provides hours of bird and turtle watching - so far no alligators! The Lantana with it's large bedrooms and open kitchen area was ideal although I like the front "porch like" features of some of the other models. If I ever moved ( and downsized!) it would be a CYV for the "pup."
Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

We have a 2/2 CYV with an expanded courtyard that backs to a "forever wild" area. We've upgraded kitchen, bath, and floors and love both the CYV, the privacy, and the location. As we spend a longer periods of time there, however, I wonder if I will want something bigger. So far the longest we've been there at any one time is 2 months. Our Syracuse house is almost 4Ksf with 5/5 so a 2/2 with 1.1Ksf is a big down size.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 05-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Has anyone researched the difference in cost of a larger Designer model expanded to the max w/GC garage and one of the smaller Premier models on a standard lot? Are the standard Premier lots comparable to the larger Designer lots? Our dream home is a Gardenia expanded to the max with GC garage with sufficient space in the back for a large lanai and large birdcage garden on a golf course. We plan to keep a car, a truck and two golf carts so we need a large garage. Do not care about the spare bedrooms as one will be an office. We like the breakfast nook with the front view window in the Gardenia. We are trying to stay away from the Premier models because they would be much more house than we need.
The Seabrook that we would like is a new Premier model.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum member

We are very happy with the home we have. We love the location, very close to SS and on a golf course. Lots of big trees on the golf course, very private, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, 2 car garage. Small swimming pool with large lanai. Lanai faces east, so is comfortable even on hot days.

We could have looked further for a home with a golf cart garage, stucco, and a better floor plan, but the location and pool were most important to us.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Default This might help???

xxx

Last edited by pzjay; 05-10-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: posted on wrong thread
Old 05-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

An expanded Lantana on an oversized lot...does not have to be on a golf course...(but on a cul-de-sac CLOSE TO A TOWN SQUARE WOULD BE NICE) and no one immediately behind ie privacy). This Lantana would have a deep golf cart garage or even a 3 car garage...the expanded portion would allow for a larger kitchen with center island and a deeper pantry/storage off the laundry room, lets take out the glass sliding glass doors and provide an "arched" openeing to the lanai area. IN the lanai we woudl raise the concrete floor 4 inches and run continous tile from the family room and enclose it all with with glass sliders/over glass transom windows and provide total heat/ac. Finally we would add a hexagonal room off of the master bedroom that could be used as a hobby room/exercise room or office, that would lead also into the enclosed lanai but yet be closed off when entertaining.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
An expanded Lantana on an oversized lot...does not have to be on a golf course...(but on a cul-de-sac CLOSE TO A TOWN SQUARE WOULD BE NICE) and no one immediately behind ie privacy). This Lantana would have a deep golf cart garage or even a 3 car garage...the expanded portion would allow for a larger kitchen with center island and a deeper pantry/storage off the laundry room, lets take out the glass sliding glass doors and provide an "arched" openeing to the lanai area. IN the lanai we woudl raise the concrete floor 4 inches and run continous tile from the family room and enclose it all with with glass sliders/over glass transom windows and provide total heat/ac. Finally we would add a hexagonal room off of the master bedroom that could be used as a hobby room/exercise room or office, that would lead also into the enclosed lanai but yet be closed off when entertaining.
Just curious, Caroline, what do you have now? Could you get this with a new-build? I think this sounds like a pretty nice house to me!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Sage

For Batman:

I think what you're describing is a Williamsburg premier model, which is an expanded Gardenia. but still only 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. The standard premier lots are generally larger than designer lots but cost less than a designer golf course lot...at least they did in 2008. However, the bond is greater, as there are fewer lots in the unit to share the cost of the infrastructure. I think the garages are larger, too. It sounds just right for you!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Swimdawg

Tough to make this stuff up.............send me a PM if you would like to see it some time. Im sure you can get this as a new build but it would be MUCH cheaper to add the hexagonal room and to enclose the lanai on your own. It really is all Lot dependent.

BTW: Florida is NOT Niagra NY...a western facing lanai IMO will be very HOT in the summer is almost unbearable for most people. Highly suggest you try it during a 0 Florida summer before you committ.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Swimdawg

Tough to make this stuff up.............send me a PM if you would like to see it some time. Im sure you can get this as a new build but it would be MUCH cheaper to add the hexagonal room and to enclose the lanai on your own. It really is all Lot dependent.

BTW: Florida is NOT Niagra NY...a western facing lanai IMO will be very HOT in the summer is almost unbearable for most people. Highly suggest you try it during a 0 Florida summer before you committ.
Thank you so much.
For now, my plan is continue spending summers in WNY. I'm goin' one day at a time now. So maybe 6/6. We do have lovely summers in WNY. I may very well be contacting you at some point. Once again, thank you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.