What would you do?

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Stay away if you can. It baffles me why people want to drive into a hurricane. I have gone through several and they really are no fun.
Each to their own. I was born and raised in south Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) and went through many hurricanes. And yes, they can be dangerous, but not as much (in general) as we are led to believe by the fear mongering click baiting media.

Most dangers are from poor areas and OLD areas with poor construction. Also from Neighbors that leave junk laying around to become missiles.

NONE of that is true in TV.

Growing up, as teens, we loved most hurricanes, as I tell my wife, it was only time Ft. Laud. had surf more than a foot or two, and we often had hurricane parties on the beach, and loved the 10 to 15 foot surf.

Then snow birds came down and even though they did not know how to swim, went swimming... several drowned and that resulted in the city/county/state banning swimming during hurricanes. Seriously, these people didn't know how to swim and they went into 15 foot surf.

Anyway, yes bad things can happen, but TV is a safe place and people should chill out. If there is REAL danger the hurricane center will let us know, NOT CCN, FOX or MSNBC. And if necessary evacuation will be ordered, again highly unlikely here. But it can happen.

Tags
today, days, ear, possibly, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.