What was/is Your Biggest Concern about TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Default What was/is Your Biggest Concern about TV

Any concerns about The Villages.

TV is no different in than any other place or community in that regard.
Real life creates real concerns and issues.

1)What was your biggest concern about TV before you purchased at TV?

2) What is you biggest concern about TV now that you have made the purchase and have lived there for a while?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage
Default Too young and too congested.

Concern before we moved here? That we were younger than most and would be hard to find people our age. Not a concern anymore. We have found that a lot of people moving and living here are younger, and have met lots of people our age. We have also grown close to some older folks and know that their years are numbered since they are some 20 years+ ahead of us. It's hard knowing that some day we are going to lose them. I wish we could all live forever!!

Our concern since moving here? That The Villages will grow to be much more populated and congested than we may like and there won't be enough services to handle all of the people.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:57 AM
KatieDidNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife View Post
Any concerns about The Villages.

TV is no different in than any other place or community in that regard.
Real life creates real concerns and issues.

1)What was your biggest concern about TV before you purchased at TV?

2) What is you biggest concern about TV now that you have made the purchase and have lived there for a while?
Like the previous poster, it was my age. I was forced into a permanent early retirement from the military due to illness and injury. I was a little younger than 55. Did not think I would fit in, but Florida is my home and TV seemed like the best fit for me and retirement. My worry was unfounded, and people have been really nice, helpful, and I am quite content. And I could not have asked for better neighbors.

The biggest concern I have now is how the Brownwood area is going to be built out commercially. For example, are we getting the big stores like Lowes, Belks, Bealls, Walmart, ect...like they have on 441? And goodness, we need another grocery store.

Cheers--Katie
Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Sage

No concerns before moving here.

The only concern now is feeling obligated leave here to visit relatives in norteastern and upper midweastern states that feel like Siberia.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 AM

Concerns before: Would we make friends? Would we find things to do (we didn't golf and I'm not into "crafts" or cards) Would I miss my 3500+ sf home and large yard?

Concerns now: What should we do with our friends tonight? How can I fit all the fun things I want to do into my already busy schedule? Why did I waste all those years cleaning a big house and caring for a large yard when there is so many more fun things to do with my time.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvmyPug2 View Post
...Why did I waste all those years cleaning a big house and caring for a large yard when there is so many more fun things to do with my time.
Our perspective changes as we go through life... I am wondering about that one myself.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Sage

My biggest concern was "will I ever sell my condo and be able to move to TV".

My only concern now is the find the perfect house for me.

Once you find what you want in life, you want to start that new life right away.

Paraphrase from "When Harry Met Sally"

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 AM

I just hope it stays as perfect as it is now as future generations move in!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARENNN View Post
I just hope it stays as perfect as it is now as future generations move in!
TV population overall is smart, educated, thrifty and commited to sound values. I think we're all committed to keeping the standards established here. Most people are ambitious, too......not just sitting around worrying. Volunteering is huge here.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 PM

We aren't there yet, but hoping to be later this year. My greatest personal concerns are twofold--will I fit in, and will I find things I enjoy doing. By nature, I'm really not much of a joiner, so I'm going to have to force myself out of my comfort zone, I think. That will be a challenge.

My one other concern is what I'm going to do about my dogs. I have two. Both on the larger side. One loves everyone and everything. The other loves everyone, but hates other dogs, unless she knows them really well. Even then it's no guarantee. Not sure how we're going to handle her yet. A muzzle during walks, obviously, but we have a fenced yard here, so it will be an adjustment for her to lose her freedom in the yard, as well.

Other than that, I'm ready to move! Really, I can't wait as I loved the area and everyone we met was very nice.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
No concerns before moving here.

The only concern now is feeling obligated leave here to visit relatives in norteastern and upper midweastern states that feel like Siberia.
First concern = ditto!!

Second concern modify as follows:

The only concern now is feeling obligated leave here to visit relatives in locations that do not have palm trees!!

btk
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 PM

No concerns prior to moving. Best decision we ever made.

Only concern now is quality of medical care...so far, so good. But we were spoiled with state of the art med care and immediate attention by emergency room, doctors, etc., etc. Have heard horror stories about emergency rooms waits. But thank goodness we haven't needed any of that. Hopefully, the new Health Care Centers will make the quality of care even better.

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
First concern = ditto!!

Second concern modify as follows:

The only concern now is feeling obligated leave here to visit relatives in locations that do not have palm trees!!

btk
My post about it feeling like Siberia was not only about the weather for the bulk of the year. To me it feels like Siberia going back to places where everyone is rushing to get back inside the house and not talk to anybody on the street nor in public places because they just weren't raised that way, or they don't associate with "riff-raff".

Here, I think there is little consciousness of social or economic status, because everyone lives in a nice place whether it costs $80,000 or $2 million.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdjmd View Post
No concerns prior to moving. Best decision we ever made.

Only concern now is quality of medical care...so far, so good. But we were spoiled with state of the art med care and immediate attention by emergency room, doctors, etc., etc. Have heard horror stories about emergency rooms waits. But thank goodness we haven't needed any of that. Hopefully, the new Health Care Centers will make the quality of care even better.

I would say medical care is one of my concerns as well. The other concern is will we sell our house so we can move there already? Can't wait!!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG@TV View Post
I would say medical care is one of my concerns as well. The other concern is will we sell our house so we can move there already? Can't wait!!
Medical care is my top concern. Most of us from large metropolitan areas have left a different level of medical care behind us and I wish there was an easy answer to making ours here on the same level.

I think that adding to the existing hospital rather than building another one is a good way to attract more good physicians here and possibly attracting some kind of a geriatic teaching facility to come here too. A certain type of good doctors are attracted to affiiation with good medical schools.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.