What was/is Your Biggest Concern about TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Gold member

Our concern has not changed since we purchased.

Will things stay the same over time after/if build out occurs.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Veteran member

My biggest concern was my age under 55 and didn't know how I would fit in. Biggest concern since moving here is getting a seat at the bar at Cody's . It's a tough life!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Before, excellent medical care.

After, still not here full time, but come at least monthly. To crowded, to many people, and services, restaurants, shops, stores, traffic, golf, that are overwhelmed by the January to April influx. It gets so bad that we question whether this is really the best place to be for us.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

concern before-medical, concern now-being able to make a left turn on Morse Blvd as I exit De La Vista West.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
To crowded, to many people, and services, restaurants, shops, stores, traffic, golf, that are overwhelmed by the January to April influx. It gets so bad that we question whether this is really the best place to be for us.
Unfortunately, have to agree ........ This winter has been the most congested since we moved here.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM

I'm becoming a FROG this summer, and my biggest concern is outliving my savings.

Swampy
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Email Reported As Spam

My concerns before we moved were (1) the eventual over-crowding and its affect on quality of life (2) TV form of government. ( fees and taxes creep)

My concerns after living here 6.5 years (1) overcrowding and its affect on the quality of life (2) TV's form of government (3) fees and taxes creep).
Old 03-29-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdjmd View Post
No concerns prior to moving. Best decision we ever made.

Only concern now is quality of medical care...so far, so good. But we were spoiled with state of the art med care and immediate attention by emergency room, doctors, etc., etc. Have heard horror stories about emergency rooms waits. But thank goodness we haven't needed any of that. Hopefully, the new Health Care Centers will make the quality of care even better.
Have to agree in part. Best decision we ever made moving here. We had 2 concerns about moving here. One was could we afford to move and afford the lifestyle and two medical care for a new cancer survivor.

We have since found out that yes we can afford to move and live here quite nicely. Good medical care is still a concern. I don't like hearing the horror stories about the hospital and it has been a challange for me personnaly to find the right doctor. I now have 2 that I like. I am not so keen on hubby's choice of doctors but he is happy. I am skeptical of the new health care centers and prefer to wait and see how they pan out. Why is it they don't want to tell you who the doctors are and their medical training etc. ahead of time before signing up? We were invited to Colony. We were blessed to have come from an area with access to great medical care. But we both have faith in God that He sent us on this journey and He will provide. In the mean time, we are having a blast meeting new folks and enjoying the lifestyle!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Overcrowding is an issue with me. From Jan-April, traffic is at a stand still and there are SO many people down here, you can't move. I worry about more and more coming down over the next few years to the point where it will be impossible to get around, even in a cart.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage

So it seems "the season" is getting worse each year as it goes on. What will happen when the majority are living here full time??? Hopefully the southern part of 466A will develop with the shopping that is needed which will relieve the congestion on 441/27.
This is our first winter here and I'm thinking we should rent the house out in "high season" and enjoy TV the rest of the year!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Before, excellent medical care.

After, still not here full time, but come at least monthly. To crowded, to many people, and services, restaurants, shops, stores, traffic, golf, that are overwhelmed by the January to April influx. It gets so bad that we question whether this is really the best place to be for us.
I fall in line with the bolded text above. Since we first visted as guests in 2002 that was my worry. It is still ok in 2013...time will tell....
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
Overcrowding is an issue with me. From Jan-April, traffic is at a stand still and there are SO many people down here, you can't move. I worry about more and more coming down over the next few years to the point where it will be impossible to get around, even in a cart.
Really? Today, the last Friday in March, I played tennis in the a.m., bridge at a rec center in the p.m. and met friends for dinner at a country club. Didn't have to wait for courts, plenty of tables left at bridge, and only a short wait for dinner. Tried Havana again and most of us were quite pleased with our dinner and service - and there was good entertainment.

Drove my golf cart to all of these, maybe had to wait for 1 or 2 carts at busy intersections - at what would be rush hour anywhere else. No traffic lights to pass through. Maybe I had to wait 30 seconds to make a left turn onto Canal St. Sorry, but I was able to move just fine, and didn't find it impossible, or even slightly difficult, to get anywhere I went today.

By the way, none of these location was in my village, or the next one or two adjacent ones.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-31-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Gold member

We live in Sabal Chase, just off Canal St. Like many others in many different Villages, we think we live in an ideal location. And really, after you move in and start doing things, most locations probably are ideal, because you naturally start doing things that are located nearby.

After all, you can play tennis, pickle ball, bocce, etc. anywhere, same with cards/games/exercise classes/crafts.

If you are a gym person, decide if you want the MVP center at Spanish Springs or the gyms in some (not all) regional rec centers. I'm not a gym person, but would imagine that if you are and go several days a week, that you would want this to be convenient.

For monthly club meetings, and some weekly stuff, we go all over the place, usually by golf cart unless it's at night (we don't feel super safe driving the golf cart at night if it's very far).

Probably the least congested area is up north by Nancy Lopez or the historic side. Many love it there - bigger lots, less traffic. It is a long golf cart ride to stuff in the southern reaches, but again, just depends on what you do, and what you do will partly be affected by where you live. Nancy Lopez is a great restaurant, but we don't go much because for us, it IS far away. Truly, there is no really bad location here, but figure out what's most important to you. Someone who expects to say, volunteer at their church several days a week will want to be close to that.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Sage

I don't think it is necessarily any Village that is congested, but rather the places people shop and eat. Traffic on 441/27, 466, and around Colony Plaza is really bad in high season. I haven't found navigating throughout TV to be a problem even in high season.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.