What is your guess as to the percentage of Villagers that use Cannibis in some form?

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2019, 08:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if anyone will answer this.
So volunteering for cancer groups, will give you an idea. After you have picked them off the floor from non stop vomiting for 3 days after chemo, it about the only way you can get food in them. Not all have such horrific issues from chemo, and radiation, but weed has been used to for many years. Patients with MS also benefit.

Not sure why you are looking for answers.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
You normally seem to be cautious about real data vs made up facts. And it seems you may have made up a fact to fit your own best guess. Most geriatric physicians practice evidence based medicine and adhere to the recommendations of national organizations such as the American Geriatric Society, the AMA, the American College of Physicians … Not a single one of these or any main stream medical organization has recommended the use of CBD products for pain treatment. The manufacturers, who are unregulated by the FDA or any other government organization, have very successfully marketed these products. There are some tantalizing small studies showing variable amounts of benefit from no benefit to significant benefit. Physicians will not prohibit you from using these products as obviously that is neither the role of a doctor nor useful for ongoing dialog. You may be advised of potential drug interactions and enormous variability in the actual ingredients in these products vs the label. And I suspect but do not have data to present, that if you ask your doctor, can I try CBD the answer will be yes. That is NOT the same as the doctor recommending the product.
First, you're right, I was looking at a totally different set of data and mixed it up with CBD vs. pain recommendations. Prescription CBD has been prescribed for treatment of seizures, not pain. And you are also right that doctors will typically say "sure" to people wanting to try CBD to treat pain, but will not necessarily recommend it. However in many states, it's pretty common for physicians to recommend CBD for pain. Not the prescription version of it though, because that would be off-label.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
The only reason I don't is because I don't have any connections. If someone would like to help, please PM me.
If you have a valid medical reason to use it, you can get a medical marijuana card for it. Medical marijuana is legal in Florida and there are a couple of dispensaries near the Villages.

You can get CBD oil extracted from hemp, which is a variety of cannabis sativa containing low-to-no THC content. This is also legal in Florida, and available all over the place. The caveat: what they advertise isn't necessarily what you end up getting. CBD is not regulated by the FDA and is considered a supplement, not a drug.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
You normally seem to be cautious about real data vs made up facts. And it seems you may have made up a fact to fit your own best guess. Most geriatric physicians practice evidence based medicine and adhere to the recommendations of national organizations such as the American Geriatric Society, the AMA, the American College of Physicians … Not a single one of these or any main stream medical organization has recommended the use of CBD products for pain treatment. The manufacturers, who are unregulated by the FDA or any other government organization, have very successfully marketed these products. There are some tantalizing small studies showing variable amounts of benefit from no benefit to significant benefit. Physicians will not prohibit you from using these products as obviously that is neither the role of a doctor nor useful for ongoing dialog. You may be advised of potential drug interactions and enormous variability in the actual ingredients in these products vs the label. And I suspect but do not have data to present, that if you ask your doctor, can I try CBD the answer will be yes. That is NOT the same as the doctor recommending the product.
Just so you have some accurate information. The United States has been subsidizing marijuana resarch in Israel for over 50 years now, via the NIH, but they wont tell you. Israel has the best medical marijuana system in the world, thanks, in part, to our tax dollars. Israel also decriminalized marijuana. Here are two links for your perusal.

The Outsourcing of American Marijuana Research

Marijuana was legal in the US for roughly 140 years, until this man needed to justify his job.

The man behind the marijuana ban for all the wrong reasons - CBS News

Last edited by Ben Franklin; 09-30-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Whats the question ?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
So volunteering for cancer groups, will give you an idea. After you have picked them off the floor from non stop vomiting for 3 days after chemo, it about the only way you can get food in them. Not all have such horrific issues from chemo, and radiation, but weed has been used to for many years. Patients with MS also benefit.

Not sure why you are looking for answers.
Both daughter and I effectively used a prescription called Kytril for nausea due to chemo and radiation. kytril medication - Bing

I am looking for answers because I am curious.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:08 AM
Platinum member

30%
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 AM

I’d say the percentages are well over 40%, if you really believe that the minions opened up all those hydroponic grow greenhouses to grow vegetables you’re delusional, once it becomes legal here in Florida those greenhouses will be growing marijuana. The minions seen a way to get a jump on the grow business if you think they did it to Feed us healthy veggies you’re be naive.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned about the amount of cannabis users. I am much more concerned about the percentage of people being prescribed opioids around here.
Your 100% right Few years back I had sever back pain
Pain scale 1-10 it was a 12
My Nuro Dr recommended pain clinic. Till surgery could be preformed
After 1 visit I was convinced the clinic was just legal way to create drug addicts.The waiting room was packed with patients they would enter one door few moments later leave with what ever meds
The line was endless
I started to fill out a form for treatment .
Just as I was going to sign I thought about what i saw in the waiting room stood up ripped up my form said no thanks walk out the door dealt with my pain till surgery
Old 10-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I’d say the percentages are well over 40%, if you really believe that the minions opened up all those hydroponic grow greenhouses to grow vegetables you’re delusional, once it becomes legal here in Florida those greenhouses will be growing marijuana. The minions seen a way to get a jump on the grow business if you think they did it to Feed us healthy veggies you’re be naive.
Oh come on.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Really. WE are the delusional ones?
Old 10-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Old 10-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
1960 was 59 years ago. If someone was young then, say 16 years old...... they would be 75 now. Think maybe they will retire in 5 to 10 years when they are 80 or 85 and move to the Villages and start smoking dope? Getting the munchies thinking about it...... got any Twinkies?
Screaming Yellow Zonkers
Old 10-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

I smoked a little in the mid '60's. Quit because anything you are inhaling into your lungs is a prescription for serious pulmonary issues down the road. Florida was correct when they legalized medical marijuana by pill form only. There is NO need to inhale. Governor DeSantis caved to the Mary Jane lobby by allowing smoked pot. The only reason to smoke is to get high with buddies. This and vaping are health dangers no matter how you slice it.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
I smoked a little in the mid '60's. Quit because anything you are inhaling into your lungs is a prescription for serious pulmonary issues down the road. Florida was correct when they legalized medical marijuana by pill form only. There is NO need to inhale. Governor DeSantis caved to the Mary Jane lobby by allowing smoked pot. The only reason to smoke is to get high with buddies. This and vaping are health dangers no matter how you slice it.
I think your statement is pretty false! Maybe you have not spent anytime with someone under going chemo or high dose rads. But I can assure you that smoking or vaping is the best way to go for controlling nausea or the 10 other side affects you encounter. Taking any form of Cannabis that is not decarboxalated (such as pills) is just prolonging lots of beneficial results. Why wait 3-4 hours to convert the active THCa to THC just because it might create "pulmonary issues"

Its cool you tried to smoke a little in the 60's but we are now almost 60 years later and there is undeniable benefits with far few risks over big pharma and what they throw at us. Yes big business is trying to capitalize on the growth but it does not change the fact it helps a lot of people. I personally don't use cannabis but my wife sure does and not by choice just sayin.

To the OP, Based on Mg sales in the Villages its a huge number based on Trulieve and Surterra numbers alone. With plans for GTI and Medmen coming its only going to grow.
Closed Thread

Tags
form, answer, cannibis, guess, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.