What is your guess as to the percentage of Villagers that use Cannibis in some form?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2019, 07:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
I think your statement is pretty false! Maybe you have not spent anytime with someone under going chemo or high dose rads. But I can assure you that smoking or vaping is the best way to go for controlling nausea or the 10 other side affects you encounter. Taking any form of Cannabis that is not decarboxalated (such as pills) is just prolonging lots of beneficial results. Why wait 3-4 hours to convert the active THCa to THC just because it might create "pulmonary issues"

Its cool you tried to smoke a little in the 60's but we are now almost 60 years later and there is undeniable benefits with far few risks over big pharma and what they throw at us. Yes big business is trying to capitalize on the growth but it does not change the fact it helps a lot of people. I personally don't use cannabis but my wife sure does and not by choice just sayin.

To the OP, Based on Mg sales in the Villages its a huge number based on Trulieve and Surterra numbers alone. With plans for GTI and Medmen coming its only going to grow.
Let's just agree to disagree. Most medications take time to activate and THC in pill form is no different. I sympathize with your Wife's condition but my concern is more for the children and young adults who will inevitably get access to this narcotic. You are certainly entitled to your opinion however.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Screaming Yellow Zonkers
Best food for when you are using cannabis in some form.

I have a hemp t-shirt, and hand cream made with hemp oil (you can get it at The Body Shop).

Though I personally recommend waiting to slather the hand cream on your hands until after you've eaten your Screaming Yellow Zonkers, and wash your hands first too.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Let's just agree to disagree. Most medications take time to activate and THC in pill form is no different. I sympathize with your Wife's condition but my concern is more for the children and young adults who will inevitably get access to this narcotic. You are certainly entitled to your opinion however.

Seriously a Archaic statement but since you are comparing your experience from the 60's, not surprising! On a other note thank you for sharing your sympathy although she has no more "condition" to speak of and is feeling 110% and looks and feels better then ever. Just a bit high and happy from time to time
Old 10-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,047 Times in 2,738 Posts

Regardless of what all of us old folks think about marajuana, if TOV is still operating in about 30 years, and Gracie's granddaughter starts the same thread, the answer will be much closer to 100% than the current response. The biggest funding lobbies against marijuana are the pharmaceutical and alcohol industry. They both know that their industries future is not going to be nearly as profitable once the marajuana stigma becomes a thing of the past. Personally, I only use CBD. However, over my long lifetime I have known several people who either use alcohol or marajuana. Many of the people who drink have had a variety of bad problems, the ones who smoke are all doing very well. I never have heard of a man who smoked a joint and went home and abused his wife. But heavy drinkers, well we all know how that sometimes turns out.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
THC isn't a narcotic. Cannabis is also not a narcotic, nor is CBD.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

I’m trying to understand the various chemical forms of marijuana; it sounds like one form is narcotic and one form is not. In my native country farmers grow poppy just like they grow wheat. The liquid resin from poppy is heroine or morphine which is narcotic, and the poppy seed itself is not. The poppy seed is as narcotic as sesame seed or sunflower seed. We use poppy seed in meals and my favorite is poppy seed lasagna. It is slightly sweet and has an entirely different flavor than meat lasagna.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I’m trying to understand the various chemical forms of marijuana; it sounds like one form is narcotic and one form is not. In my native country farmers grow poppy just like they grow wheat. The liquid resin from poppy is heroine or morphine which is narcotic, and the poppy seed itself is not. The poppy seed is as narcotic as sesame seed or sunflower seed. We use poppy seed in meals and my favorite is poppy seed lasagna. It is slightly sweet and has an entirely different flavor than meat lasagna.

May I ask what your native country is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2019, 03:05 AM
Sage

Central Europe. Many European bakeries have poppy seed pastries.

Last edited by Velvet; 10-02-2019 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:20 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I figure it's none of my business..
Your right, some questions should be private.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Cannabis is not narcotic, at all, in any form whatsoever. It is not comparable to poppy. Also, there are a wide variety of poppy plants, only the opium poppy is used to produce naturally-derived opium. That's why it's called an opium poppy.

Just because they're plant-based mind-altering substances doesn't mean they're narcotics.

Understanding the drug classes might help you understand. You can google it, FDA class III vs class II drugs.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Sage

I don’t take anything other than some vitamins, so far. I was just trying to follow this thread. Probably it is not the opium poppy that they farm, but it sure is delicious.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if anyone will answer this.
My guess is about 12%. On my street of 13 only one fellow smokes weed. He did it before it was legal, got it in Orlando where he lived for 12 years before moving here 8 years ago. Then when legalized he got the doctor's note and now has it delivered to his home.

He does have problems with his back from Agent Orange, so getting the note was not a problem. In fact he said, if you got $250, they'll find a reason. The doctor was on TV screen, they don't even see you in person. He now gets its from a dispensary in Lady Lake.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Your right, some questions should be private.
I'm with you. I fail to see the benefit of this question. Is there an underlying motive for this question or are we firing for effect.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Seriously a Archaic statement but since you are comparing your experience from the 60's, not surprising! On a other note thank you for sharing your sympathy although she has no more "condition" to speak of and is feeling 110% and looks and feels better then ever. Just a bit high and happy from time to time
/////
Old 10-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
THC isn't a narcotic. Cannabis is also not a narcotic, nor is CBD.
It is still a Class One narcotic according to the government. CBD is not because it does not contain THC. And take note of the latest on vaping where evidence is now pointing to vaping THC as the cause of the multiple deaths among young adults.

From the USDEA:
"NOTE: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, marijuana) is still considered a Schedule 1 drug by the DEA, even though some U.S. states have legalized marijuana for personal, recreational use or for medical use." (4/19)

And: "The DEA announced Thursday (9/18) that drugs including CBD with THC content below 0.1% are now considered Schedule 5 drugs, as long as they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."

Last edited by Aloha1; 10-02-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
form, answer, cannibis, guess, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.