What is your guess as to the percentage of Villagers that use Cannibis in some form?

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
It is still a Class One narcotic according to the government. CBD is not because it does not contain THC. And take note of the latest on vaping where evidence is now pointing to vaping THC as the cause of the multiple deaths among young adults.

From the USDEA:
"NOTE: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, marijuana) is still considered a Schedule 1 drug by the DEA, even though some U.S. states have legalized marijuana for personal, recreational use or for medical use." (4/19)

And: "The DEA announced Thursday (9/18) that drugs including CBD with THC content below 0.1% are now considered Schedule 5 drugs, as long as they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."
Again, it is not a narcotic. Schedule 1 doesn't equate with the word "narcotic." The fact that you continue using the wrong terminology shows that you really aren't understanding it at all.

There are narcotics in all five Schedule grades. Darvon/Darvocet, which was actually banned in the USA, is still listed in schedule IV. Coedine is listed in Schedule III and Schedule V in different dosages and preparations. Schedule II is where you'll find most narcotics, and most of those are opioids. Schedule I is heroin, LSD, methaqualone, XTC, and peyote. The actual plant, cannabis, is also in Schedule I but the DEA is re-visiting that classification and has already made some changes effective 2017 regarding extracts and cannabidiol (CBD).
Old 10-02-2019, 10:29 PM

The history of cannabis reclassification.

Cannabis policy of the Richard Nixon administration - Wikipedia
Old 10-03-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If there are many pot smokers in TV they may need to expand the number of 'Memory Care" facilities in the area.
I was going to comment on your post but I’ve forgotten what I was going to say!!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Again, it is not a narcotic. Schedule 1 doesn't equate with the word "narcotic." The fact that you continue using the wrong terminology shows that you really aren't understanding it at all.

There are narcotics in all five Schedule grades. Darvon/Darvocet, which was actually banned in the USA, is still listed in schedule IV. Coedine is listed in Schedule III and Schedule V in different dosages and preparations. Schedule II is where you'll find most narcotics, and most of those are opioids. Schedule I is heroin, LSD, methaqualone, XTC, and peyote. The actual plant, cannabis, is also in Schedule I but the DEA is re-visiting that classification and has already made some changes effective 2017 regarding extracts and cannabidiol (CBD).
And yet, it IS in Schedule 1. Tomato, Tomahto
Old 10-03-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
based on some of the responses on this site....at least 50% must be smoking something.

Although it's been over 45 years since I've done it and I understand that the current stuff is much stronger, I would just add to your statement that based on some of the constant responses/positions here on TOTV, a whole bunch of folks heart/blood pressure/rage would greatly benefit...if they started smoking it.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:57 AM

Such a stigma with cannabis it would be hard to get a true number as to users in the Villages. The Reefer madness mentality which is still prevalent from the silent generation is slowly coming to a end. My guess as more Baby Boomers move in the numbers will sky rocket here. I’m actually surprised there are not MMJ clubs here already, probably be a rather large club.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Such a stigma with cannabis it would be hard to get a true number as to users in the Villages. The Reefer madness mentality which is still prevalent from the silent generation is slowly coming to a end. My guess as more Baby Boomers move in the numbers will sky rocket here. I’m actually surprised there are not MMJ clubs here already, probably be a rather large club.
I also notice several posters who are ignoring the actual content of the original post, and turning it into a drug debate.

"cannabis in some form" is the topic. Not smoking pot. Smokeable flowers of the cannabis plant is just one form of cannabis. CBD, THC, cannabis extracts, edible cannibis, infused edibles, rope, clothing, various body and skin lotions and other preparations are ALL forms of cannabis.

MOST of them are legal, and in fact I would guess that the vast majority of people living in the Villages have been consumers of at least one form or another, at least once in their lives. If you've ever used a hemp rope to tether a raft to a dock, then you have used cannabis "in some form."

The ignorance is not surprising, but it is sad.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Were it simply something you take and not smoke and if there were stringent laws on impairment from usage, and if only licensed outlets could provide, I could live with it. BUT, I want nothing to do with smoke of any shape or form as it affects everyone in the vicinity of it So, knock yourself out (pun intended) in the privacy of your own domicile but leave the rest of us alone to enjoy our full mental capacity. Aloha out.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Were it simply something you take and not smoke and if there were stringent laws on impairment from usage, and if only licensed outlets could provide, I could live with it. BUT, I want nothing to do with smoke of any shape or form as it affects everyone in the vicinity of it So, knock yourself out (pun intended) in the privacy of your own domicile but leave the rest of us alone to enjoy our full mental capacity. Aloha out.
There already ARE stringent laws on impairment. DUI means "driving under the influence" not "drunk driving." Driving under the influence of ANYTHING - whether heroin or nyquil - is illegal.

Distracted driving laws are also a thing in most states, and are enforced.

I get the anti-smoking sentiment. I don't like it either even though I used to imbibe plenty when I was a kid. I definitely wouldn't want to be subjected to the smoke whenever I walked through a public area and tried to actually breathe.

Fortunately - that is only one of a myriad of "forms" of cannabis and most of the forms are undetectable. Your golf partner probably uses a hand cream or shampoo containing one form of it. That's because hemp is good for the skin and nutritious for the scalp.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Well that was interesting. I had figured out by responses prior to this which among the frequent posters were using for fun and which were self medicating.

It is none of my business what others do legally. I have inherited an addictive quality so I don't drink, chew, smoke, toke,OR eat brownies with pot but I really enjoy Rum Raisin Ice Cream..in moderation.

I still have a few friends who think I am fun.

I pay them.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
It is still a Class One narcotic according to the government. CBD is not because it does not contain THC. And take note of the latest on vaping where evidence is now pointing to vaping THC as the cause of the multiple deaths among young adults.

From the USDEA:
"NOTE: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, marijuana) is still considered a Schedule 1 drug by the DEA, even though some U.S. states have legalized marijuana for personal, recreational use or for medical use." (4/19)

And: "The DEA announced Thursday (9/18) that drugs including CBD with THC content below 0.1% are now considered Schedule 5 drugs, as long as they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration."
Responding to the above post regarding vaping. It is not the vaping of either THC or nicotine that is causing sickness or deaths. It is the vaping of either product that contains certain flavor additives that are the issue. My question with this whole thing is this. A small number of people have gotten sick or died from vaping products with these additives and there is a huge uproar. The governor if Massachusetts has outlawed the sale of all vaping products. Where is the same uproar with cigarettes? Cigarettes have killed millions of people in a very painful and nasty way. I watched my father die of lung cancer from smoking cigarettes and it wasn't pretty. A small number of young people die from vaping and there is an instant uproar. Millions of people die over a very long period of time from cigarettes and it's business as usual. What's up with that? Disclosure, I neither smoke or vape so I have no ax to grind here.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:35 AM

My husband and I do not use it recreationally because it is currently illegal and we are risk averse, but a surprising number of our friends use it. We support legalization.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
I smoked a little in the mid '60's. Quit because anything you are inhaling into your lungs is a prescription for serious pulmonary issues down the road. Florida was correct when they legalized medical marijuana by pill form only. There is NO need to inhale. Governor DeSantis caved to the Mary Jane lobby by allowing smoked pot. The only reason to smoke is to get high with buddies. This and vaping are health dangers no matter how you slice it.
No more of a risk than sitting outside any restaurants with outdoor dining in the Villages
Old 10-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

My guess 75% are high on something? But, it may not be drugs!
Old 10-04-2019, 11:28 AM

I wouldn't take any hallucinogenic, pain or no pain.
Closed Thread

Tags
form, answer, cannibis, guess, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.