Bekins Moving Company

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Default Bekins Moving Company

We are considering Bekins for our upcoming move but their reviews online aren't that great. Would like to hear your experience with Bekins if you used them. TIA
Old 11-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Veteran member

we moved 6 weeks ago out of the Philly area with United and they were fantastic. Ontime and exceptional staff. Hassle free and not 1 thing broken or lost

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Default bekins

used them 6 yrs ago, and was not a happy camper.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Default Bekins

Used them 6 years ago out of Suffolk, LI and it was an awful experience. They had an incident and fired a man while loading and showed up with only the driver at the new house. They also tried to up the price til I quoted ICC regs. and they were nasty about the whole thing.
Having said that, I understand that it is the local company that matters and there may other Bekins locals that are good.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage

I think they're all bad as far as I've heard. I used Superior and it was a nightmare. I've talked to many people who used many big brand movers and it was still the same...Hopefully you will, like some, get lucky and not lose things or have damage.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

There are almost no company long distance movers anymore. Movers are small businesses that sign on with a major carrier and receive their work from them. So the "Bekins" mover you use will probably not be the "Bekins" mover a customer from another state uses.

Saying that, I used a company recommended to me by Villages Relocation. They recommended Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, which was represented by Cousins USA Moving & Storage out of Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.

I scheduled a couple more estimates with competitive movers in addition to Stevens just to make sure their quote was in line and then went with them and was the recipient of a flawless move. The Company was quick to thank me for my business and to ask me to let The Villages Relocation people know how I rated their service. I would definitely recommend this company, if they serve your departure point.

http://www.cousinsusa.com/
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Platinum member
Default Positive Experience

We used Bekins 8 years ago and could not have been happier. Our house in Amarillo sold before ours was built here, and they stored our things (for a price, of course). When we were close enough to move in, we called and they delivered right on schedule with everything in perfect condition. I really anticipated problems but there were absolutely none.

One thing you have to remember is that the big companies (Bekins, United, etc.) are all run by franchisees which means everything can vary tremendously from location to location. What was good for us could very well be a disaster for someone else, say in another place of origin.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.